Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #2071
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

That's what DIS is for! lol youll have an amazing time without the carriage ride, in 20 something trips onsite never done it
I've learned & saved a ton on here! I'm on it everyday checking things out. We went down fir 3 days last year but we stayed with my FIL an hour south of Disney. We wanted to stay on sure this time. We can't wait to go...I honestly don't know if we'd have time for the carriage ride anyway.

Last edited by Kat016; 05-01-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #2072
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICMDGO View Post
Now I hear that the Epcot Food and Wine event will make the parks really busy....is this true?????
Food and Wine tends to make Epcot World Showcase fairly busy - especially mid-late afternoon onwards, and at weekends. But not anywhere near Xmas/Easter busy. Otherwise, it doesn't have much impact on the other parks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #2073
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Great thread! I'm waiting on my TA to book March 1-8 at POFQ. We stayed at POP in December of 2010 and I can't do a value again. We were hoping for the CR, but wowzie--soooo expensive. So unless they come out with a stellar discount, it will be POFQ for us. We are from Louisiana and are super excited about the resort. I showed my girls (ages 3 and 7) the pictures of POFQ and POR and they chose FQ!
Can't wait to hear about others trips until then!

Trip Report: Missing Mardi Gras to meet Anna and Elsa!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #2074
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

To fax or not to fax - that is the question! We booked a standard room and have done the online check-in. We requested a non-parking lot room on a high floor. Do you think we should send a fax in? I don't think I'd request a specific building; just a nice view. What do y'all think?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #2075
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
$45? Wow....I thought it was part of our stay. We'll be passing on that than.....that's a little much for a 25 minute carriage ride.
Thanks for the carriage ride info. Hubby says he will bring carrots and bribe the mare. lol

Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #2076
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post

Thanks for the carriage ride info. Hubby says he will bring carrots and bribe the mare. lol
Lol....if that works, let me know!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #2077
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
To fax or not to fax - that is the question! We booked a standard room and have done the online check-in. We requested a non-parking lot room on a high floor. Do you think we should send a fax in? I don't think I'd request a specific building; just a nice view. What do y'all think?
I can't see why you wouldn't.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2078
mrFDNY
I'll be back mrFDNY. I have my eye on you! *~*The Tag Fairy*~*
Has yet to meet any DISers. Could it be his deodorant?
I just freak out like a little 4 y/o girl in pig tails

Hi gang,
CBR man here, but we have decided to give a new resort a try. We have decided on French quarter or riverside, I'm kind of leaning with French quarter. Just wanted to say hi to all here!
It will be 5 of us, with 2 adults and 3 kids with one being a infant and were going for Ds 13th in Oct. Plan to stay Oct 1- 9. I cannot wait.

It will be a family trip with all in all, over 21 family members spread out at this and other Disney resorts. Not to worry we've done big groups before. We usually meet for breakfast or lunch and then do all our own thing in the parks and then meet at night for a night cap or dip in the pool. Look forward to seeing some of your there!!! Plan on buying my Mnsshp tix tonight or tomorrow.

The few,the proud,dis men!

Remember- " All gave some, But some gave all", SEPT 11,2001
Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #2079
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to weigh my options for Halloween. To buy tickets to the MNSSHP, it's going to cost us another $300. Not sure I want to spend that...I probably will but...does POFQ do any kind if Halloween things on Halloween night? I just called them and the CM said they normally don't but to call back closer to our trip to see if there's anymore information.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #2080
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
does POFQ do any kind if Halloween things on Halloween night? I just called them and the CM said they normally don't but to call back closer to our trip to see if there's anymore information.
You were probably just speaking to a CM in the main WDW incoming call center, not anyone at POFQ.

POFQ and POR both do a number of special activities for Halloween, mostly during the daytime but they do theme the campfires and outdoor movies to Halloween in the evening. See the archived schedules at www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php for an idea of what they did last year.

However, the Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom is wonderful, with a great parade and fireworks show and lots to see and do. I'd highly recommend going at least once if you can, although I'd suggest maybe avoiding the one on the 31st October itself as that day will be packed - choose one a little earlier if you can (early week days are usually slightly quieter).

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #2081
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

So, is anyone planning on going to Elliot Dyson's last night at Scat Cat's Club tonight? I really do hope this is only "au revoir" rather than goodbye, and that Disney do the right thing and bring him back after the lobby refurb.

Andre

Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #2082
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'm curious as you're all discussing this gentleman leaving the Scat Cat Club. Does that mean after the lobby refurb there will be no form of entertainment there? Was he the sole entertainer, I guess is what I'm asking.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #2083
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

You were probably just speaking to a CM in the main WDW incoming call center, not anyone at POFQ.

POFQ and POR both do a number of special activities for Halloween, mostly during the daytime but they do theme the campfires and outdoor movies to Halloween in the evening. See the archived schedules at www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php for an idea of what they did last year.

However, the Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom is wonderful, with a great parade and fireworks show and lots to see and do. I'd highly recommend going at least once if you can, although I'd suggest maybe avoiding the one on the 31st October itself as that day will be packed - choose one a little earlier if you can (early week days are usually slightly quieter).

Andre
We are looking to go to the Halloween party on either the 27th or the 29th of October. We'll buy our tickets once we get closer to our date or when we get to our resort. I was just wondering if the resorts were doing anything special on Halloween night. Thank you for the link. At least I know they do something on Halloween night. We'll either stay at the resort or go to one of the other parks that night. But at least I have an idea.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #2084
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Hi, Everyone! I'm getting more and more excited about my first stay at POFQ as each day passes!

I'm looking at the menus for Sassagoula Floatworks. I see some items are only served for dinner. At what time is it officially dinner time there? Thanks!
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Old 05-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #2085
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are looking to go to the Halloween party on either the 27th or the 29th of October. We'll buy our tickets once we get closer to our date or when we get to our resort. I was just wondering if the resorts were doing anything special on Halloween night. Thank you for the link. At least I know they do something on Halloween night. We'll either stay at the resort or go to one of the other parks that night. But at least I have an idea.
The parties typically sell out closer to Halloween, I'd recommend buying your tickets earlier if you plan on attending!
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
Me DH DD15 DD4
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: