Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #1996
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Promise promise promise to catchup this evening. Steven now has modified days at school which for the time being means he is only at at school for about 2 hours then does the rest of his work at home with me. Missing my RC family

HUGS,
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Hang in there! And don't worry about catching up. :-) you certainly don't need extra stress! Sending hugs and positive thoughts/prayers your way.

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #1997
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
Well, I was able to make the majority of reservations via the telephone. Got the coveted Be Our Guest dinner, along with a few of my other favorite restaurants.
Yay! Glad you got BOG .... I think you will enjoy it. I haven't even checked yet today to see if the website is back up or not .... guess I better do that!

Quote:
Promise promise promise to catchup this evening. Steven now has modified days at school which for the time being means he is only at at school for about 2 hours then does the rest of his work at home with me. Missing my RC family

HUGS,
Melissa

I really hope this works for both you and Steven. Maybe more time at home will be good for him .... less stressful? Hugs!
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #1998
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
April is one of my favorite times to go too...that's when DH and I were engaged. :-) will definitely hold a special place...

I can see why!

Quote:
Well, I was able to make the majority of reservations via the telephone. Got the coveted Be Our Guest dinner, along with a few of my other favorite restaurants.

Quote:

HUGS,
Melissa

Miss you too! Take care of yourself too, ok?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #1999
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I posted my suite pics over on the Yacht Club Deluxe Rooms and Suites Thread. Rather then post them twice, here's a linky if you want to check them out. You have to scroll down to post #25 (I think)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3056013&page=2
i_heartAll I can say is WOW!

Quote:
petey Glad you were able to finally make your ADRs

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #2000
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I know several of y'all have been this year, and I was wondering if you have a picture of the refillable mug. JM was asking if they would look the same, or different. I assumed it would be different, or at least I hope they are different.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #2001
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I know several of y'all have been this year, and I was wondering if you have a picture of the refillable mug. JM was asking if they would look the same, or different. I assumed it would be different, or at least I hope they are different.
They are the same as they have been for the last 2.5 years...

We didn't even buy any this trip because we have too many of the current design. I like to collect them and haven't been able to add a new one in quite some time.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #2002
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I have seen a few posts saying it is still the same one with the pool scene. I already have 2 like that so I really hope they get a new one soon.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #2003
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

We didn't even buy any this trip because we have too many of the current design. I like to collect them and haven't been able to add a new one in quite some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have seen a few posts saying it is still the same one with the pool scene. I already have 2 like that so I really hope they get a new one soon.
Well that stinks. Maybe it's Disney's way of telling us to re-use the refillable mugs?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #2004
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to our Deena!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
You are such a good mama!
YOU are an awesome Mama!!!!

Quote:
Question?? Aiming for April, but due to DH work schedule, might have to do August....thoughts???

Obviously we did July last year....is August much different? Thinking at the end of August there will be very low crowds???
Hot hot hot and rain...BUT value season, so occupancy is usually not as high

Quote:
Jeanette fantastic news about HRH's MRI! Hope all is good with Bree
You broke the system is why it is down for maintenance
My bad

Quote:
Forgot to mention stupid me showed Bob the article about the BW Bakery re-opening in Disney Food Blog and now he wants to go back there. He started going on about how much he likes it there. I told him he will love the Poly too!

Have to get lots of Poly food pictures now to tempt him away from the BWI
I switched yesterday to CR CL, and DH is like...what about the BW and funnel cakes... Then he said he's not getting used to any idea since I will change

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Yay for HRH! Keeping her and Bree and DS in my thoughts.

So whatcha changing?
I am a bit torn between CR and Poly

Quote:
Congrats!!!
Quote:

HUGS,
Melissa

Oh Melissa!!! I hope this helps Steven out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Aww jeez, please don't tell me you are a Paul Blart fan, too??!!
Kevin James rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Nothing wrong with switching it up It actually keeps your luggage organized.

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #2005
sjs314

Quote:

MM I see the Poly is in your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

I switched yesterday to CR CL, and DH is like...what about the BW and funnel cakes... Then he said he's not getting used to any idea since I will change

Jeanette I guess your DH will have to visit the BW some evening to get his funnel cakes ......too bad we are not there at the same time him and Bob could go together.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #2006
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette I guess your DH will have to visit the BW some evening to get his funnel cakes ......too bad we are not there at the same time him and Bob could go together.
So true Sheila, they are very similar eaters... and then you and I can take the kiddos over to the castle

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #2007
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all.

I owe everyone a "catch up" post! I've missed lots of goings-on.

Let me throw in a quick new website ADR complaint... (like you guys haven't heard the likes of this before, right? )

After saying I wanted to keep it simple and only have 2 ADRs, we decide to do add a special "kick it off right" on our first morning and I booked CRT. We've never eaten there since Miss M isn't really a princess sorta gal but we both decided the location would be a sweet start to the vacation. I looked last night to see that MK usually opens at 9am on the day we had it booked (I booked a breakfast ressie at 9:05am). This morning, I decide to check for an earlier time and noticed an 8:30 was available so I proceeded to book that one. It pops up with a conflicting reservation window. What was strange about this was it had listed the original reservation time as 10:05am. Weird, right? So I cancelled the original and decided to check my other ADRs...

I booked Artist Point for our arrival night, a Saturday (also our anniversary) and the website now has it listed as SUNDAY! What?! It's also a totally different reservation number than the one in the confirmation email (which has the correct day and time). If all they really want us to do is eventually have to break down and call anyway, why don't they just get rid of the new totally-borked website?

Back after my torture session to catch up. I hope everyone's mornings are off to a good start so far...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #2008
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why is the system down.....argh!!!

Ds goes for surgery May 23

Hrh has a negative MRI....woohoo

Bree heads back to cardiologist next week...chest pain

All in all....we are all good just being cautious with Bree. Ent said ds will be fine for Disney!!!
Pas-Thinking of you and your sweet kids!

Quote:
Well, as one trip has come to an end, the planning for another has just begun....

Question?? Aiming for April, but due to DH work schedule, might have to do August....thoughts???

Obviously we did July last year....is August much different? Thinking at the end of August there will be very low crowds???
MM-What took you so long???? Seriously, we've only been once in late Aug, and it was reasonably busy. Doable, though.

Quote:
Petey-Yay!

Quote:

HUGS,
Melissa
Melissa, Hang in there! We'll be here. Thinking of ya!

Quote:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

Pas-Love the change! Do you think a CR/Poly split is in the works?
We've never stayed at a monorail before, so we're looking forward to 2 nights at CR. After a "few" indecisive changes, we decided that's where we'll be. What sealed the deal were the rumors about Cali Grill being open (hopefully) in Sept. We have a just in case reservation at Narcoossees. I sent an email to the IPO, and they've noted our request, for CG. They will book it if dining open reservations.
I made a ticker. That's a serious commitment in my book!

Missout-The Disney website is just crazy. What are they thinking with having such an unreliable site? Maybe one of these years they will totally fix it.

TY Kook!

Last edited by gwynne; 05-01-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2009
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Well, I just realized we only have ONE dinner booked for June. WHAT?! How did this get past me?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #2010
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all.

I owe everyone a "catch up" post! I've missed lots of goings-on.

Let me throw in a quick new website ADR complaint... (like you guys haven't heard the likes of this before, right? )

After saying I wanted to keep it simple and only have 2 ADRs, we decide to do add a special "kick it off right" on our first morning and I booked CRT. We've never eaten there since Miss M isn't really a princess sorta gal but we both decided the location would be a sweet start to the vacation. I looked last night to see that MK usually opens at 9am on the day we had it booked (I booked a breakfast ressie at 9:05am). This morning, I decide to check for an earlier time and noticed an 8:30 was available so I proceeded to book that one. It pops up with a conflicting reservation window. What was strange about this was it had listed the original reservation time as 10:05am. Weird, right? So I cancelled the original and decided to check my other ADRs...

I booked Artist Point for our arrival night, a Saturday (also our anniversary) and the website now has it listed as SUNDAY! What?! It's also a totally different reservation number than the one in the confirmation email (which has the correct day and time). If all they really want us to do is eventually have to break down and call anyway, why don't they just get rid of the new totally-borked website?

Back after my torture session to catch up. I hope everyone's mornings are off to a good start so far...
Missoutandabout holy gee wiz what a Nightmare
Glad you were able to get it all straightened out

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Well, I just realized we only have ONE dinner booked for June. WHAT?! How did this get past me?
Dani Oh My! I need to sit down and plan out my Itinerary for the trip. As of now I have our First day only.

Arrive around 11:30am
Lunch Cap'ts Cooks
Explore Resort, Shop
Nap once room is ready (will have been up since 4am)
6pm Torch Lighting
7pm Dinner 'Ohana (backup Kona)
9pm EWP/Fireworks Poly Beach

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: