Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #1066
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Going to dinner in just over 2 weeks it will be my fourth time but it has been quite a few years since the last visit. Anything out of the ordinary that has changed...aside from menu of course!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #1067
momof2mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
1) Somewhat contrary to what others have posted, not everyone is super dressed up. Many men wear blazers and slacks (even dressy khakis) and collared shirts without ties. I usually get very dressed up, however (just short of black tie).
We are going to be dining here for the first time in August. My husband is pretty much squared away...but I'm very curious about how dressy the dress needs to be for females? I was planning on wearing what I thought was a nice dress with strappy black heels. But it is no where close to formal. It is dressy enough that I've worn it for nice meals, deployment homecoming, and Easter Vigil. Should I be looking for something more?

Also, we are staying at the Contemporary...should we spring for a taxi or drive over instead of the monorail? Would it be tacky for the monorail? Sorry...for all the questions, just nervous and want to make sure I don't feel uncomfortable there and not enjoy the experience, or the food.

Thank you!
momof2mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #1068
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2mouseketeers

We are going to be dining here for the first time in August. My husband is pretty much squared away...but I'm very curious about how dressy the dress needs to be for females? I was planning on wearing what I thought was a nice dress with strappy black heels. But it is no where close to formal. It is dressy enough that I've worn it for nice meals, deployment homecoming, and Easter Vigil. Should I be looking for something more?

Also, we are staying at the Contemporary...should we spring for a taxi or drive over instead of the monorail? Would it be tacky for the monorail? Sorry...for all the questions, just nervous and want to make sure I don't feel uncomfortable there and not enjoy the experience, or the food.

Thank you!
It should be fine.:-)

The restaurant wouldn't see if you did the monorail, since its in the hotel, would they?

Dh and I are taking the monorail.:-)
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #1069
momof2mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
It should be fine.:-)

The restaurant wouldn't see if you did the monorail, since its in the hotel, would they?

Dh and I are taking the monorail.:-)
True
I was thinking more about what the people on the monorail would think...but I guess it really doesn't matter, so one less worry for me!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #1070
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2mouseketeers

True
I was thinking more about what the people on the monorail would think...but I guess it really doesn't matter, so one less worry for me!
Nah. We dressed up to go to Fultons last time. Got lots of stares on the bus, but several compliments. We loved it.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #1071
momof2mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Nah. We dressed up to go to Fultons last time. Got lots of stares on the bus, but several compliments. We loved it.
oh good! I feel much better now...just have to figure out what I'm going to wear. Luckily I have a few months!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #1072
t_daniels

I have a link in my ptr of the dress I chose, last page or so.

I've been told lbd would have worked,though.:-)
Old 05-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #1073
momof2mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have a link in my ptr of the dress I chose, last page or so.

I've been told lbd would have worked,though.:-)

Thanks! I'll check it out
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1074
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

LBD always works.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #1075
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I'm taking an improptu solo trip next week and I was able to get a res!
It's an early one, just after 5pm, but that is ok for me since I know the length of the meal and it will be my arrival day. I'll be tired by 8pm...LOL!
So excited to be going!
Now I don't know what I'm going to wear....my closet is looking grim.

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #1076
sabcook
Mouseketeer

My DH and I are going in November/December for the first time without the kids (well, since before the kids were born). We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I am hoping to suprise him with the Chef's table one night (I am leaving all 7 nights open for now in hopes that it will be available one night). Does anyone have an idea of how hard that will be to get? We have done the main dining room several times and he thinks we are going there (so he packs his suit ) but i wanted to up the wow factor in honor of the 15th.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #1077
Partridge
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I'm taking an improptu solo trip next week and I was able to get a res!
It's an early one, just after 5pm, but that is ok for me since I know the length of the meal and it will be my arrival day. I'll be tired by 8pm...LOL!
So excited to be going!
Now I don't know what I'm going to wear....my closet is looking grim.

There is NO better excuse for a new outfit than Victoria and Albert's.
Partridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #1078
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwphile View Post
Having dinner at V&A's on our anniversary. Can we split the wine pairings (1/2 a glass each)?
This 1/2 glass split of wine pairings stopped sometime after Dec, 2010. DW and I paid for one wine pairing and we were able to split it between us during our trip then. They served the appropriate wine for the individual course. We are light-weights and I couldn't imagine drinking a full glass with each course. It wouldn't look too dignified with me crawling across the floor at the GV after the meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
When you "split" the pairings, each guest gets to choose three of the six glasses. They stopped doing half-pours because the staff were over pouring.
This makes sense. Thanks for the info. We hope to visit V&A again and this will work perfectly for us!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #1079
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Just booked our first dinner here in August to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Excited is an understatement.

I have looked up all about the dress code and the pricing. The one thing I can't find is can you pay with your KTTW card? We don't have a TIW card so we have been using our Target red card to buy Disney gift cards in order to pay off room charges. With my extra savings, I could at least save 10% off the meal which is better than nothing!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #1080
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
Just booked our first dinner here in August to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Excited is an understatement.

I have looked up all about the dress code and the pricing. The one thing I can't find is can you pay with your KTTW card? We don't have a TIW card so we have been using our Target red card to buy Disney gift cards in order to pay off room charges. With my extra savings, I could at least save 10% off the meal which is better than nothing!
Yes, you can charge the meal to your KTTW card.

Have a great time!

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: