Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

So bummed right now....

I have been waiting and waiting to come in and say "I'm doing a VR at Sunset Point" and share my planning with all you lucky brides to be! I've waited for sooooo long to have my moment and have a special ceremony with my wonderful husband..... We just wanted a small family ceremony at Sunset Point at the Poly. I finally got my call back from DFTW today and of all the times that stuff has to happen at Disney, Sunset Point is undergoing renovations starting Sept 1 till???? so they won't let us book even into the 3rd week of October. I know it's sounds so stupid to whine about something like this but after not having the wedding I dreamed of I just so wanted a special moment on THAT spot with hubby.

We're considering other locations but I think at this point we may just go ahead and do the VR closer to family in the Palm Beaches and then come up for a long stay at WDW. We'll go ahead and arrange for a photo session while we're there so we will at least have some special photos.

I am just so bummed right now......

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

So sorry, i'd be bummed as well.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I know you are bummed, but what about WL? I see you have many stays there. It is a small venue, but it is beautiful!

The beach at Poly? With the castle in the background? Don't give up yet. As a resident of Palm Beach, I know there are great places here, but don't give up!

(ps..my friend had her wedding on the beach at Vero Resort..not technically a "disney" wedding, but it was stunning!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
jgirl124
Earning My Ears

Sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped! :-(
jgirl124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Sorry that must really suck.

I've heard from another bride the SP is closed indefinitely? That's what her planner told her
FairytaleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
happylaughingcow
Earning My Ears

Hi Hun! We were planning a small escape wedding at SP on 1st oct this year and got our call back on Friday.....

Absolutely gutted! SP is closed indefinitely. Forever. End of.
So at least we know its not like it was blacked out for a couple of months or anything, we could just never have it ever so that kind of doesn't make me so sad (if that makes sense?)

They couldn't tell me why it's closed to weddings now for good BUT I did read somewhere that apparently DVC is building a new part nearby & it may be why SP has to be done with?

We were lucky and got my 2nd choice of SBP, its lovely & I'm happy but I was so set on SP :-( xxx
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
pollypineapple8
Mouseketeer

WHY has Disney done away with Sunset Pointe? OMG Its so beautiful. Thats where I was hoping to get married, but we booked the Memories package so the only option was Luau Beach at the Poly. So thats where we've booked. There better not be any construction in the background of any of my photos. I will have a b*tch fit LOL. My 2nd choice was Conch key marina at the G.Floridian.

Disney World Orlando - Ramada March 2010
Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle July 2012
Disney World Orlando - Polynesian Resort September 2013
pollypineapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollypineapple8 View Post
WHY has Disney done away with Sunset Pointe? OMG Its so beautiful. Thats where I was hoping to get married, but we booked the Memories package so the only option was Luau Beach at the Poly. So thats where we've booked. There better not be any construction in the background of any of my photos. I will have a b*tch fit LOL. My 2nd choice was Conch key marina at the G.Floridian.
They are going to start building a DVC hotel/villa at the Poly to open 2017.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

So Sorry....
Old 05-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
They are going to start building a DVC hotel/villa at the Poly to open 2017.
Yep! Claire's got it! They are going to be adding DVC on to the Poly.....
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #11
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

thank you all for understanding. I waited so long for this and it just totally burst my bubble. We are having some second thoughts about doing it at WDW at all at this point. I'm having a really tough time rationalizing the cost just to say we did it there. We can spend an extra week there with our families for what this is going to cost for a one hour event. Just don't know what to do for sure but really leaning towards doing something in Palm Beach County and then going on up to Disney with the closest family members. I'll schedule a photo shoot and wear my dress up there. Is that okay to do? I can just do a photo shoot and wear my dress without issues right?

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #12
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayjay View Post
thank you all for understanding. I waited so long for this and it just totally burst my bubble. We are having some second thoughts about doing it at WDW at all at this point. I'm having a really tough time rationalizing the cost just to say we did it there. We can spend an extra week there with our families for what this is going to cost for a one hour event. Just don't know what to do for sure but really leaning towards doing something in Palm Beach County and then going on up to Disney with the closest family members. I'll schedule a photo shoot and wear my dress up there. Is that okay to do? I can just do a photo shoot and wear my dress without issues right?
Do you mean a photo shoot at the Poly? Then yes that's fine.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
ChavonDisneyWedding
Earning My Ears

You can definately get pictures at the resorts just not in the parks. Good Luck
ChavonDisneyWedding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
sam_rogers
painting with all the colours of the wind

oh no, sorry to hear that! Me and dbf have been looking into the memories package and now have our hearts set on the Luau beach but if the area's going to be surrounded by construction sites then i think my disney wedding may well have gone out the window too we don't particularly like the other 2 memories locations and didn't want to spend out as much as an escape package costs

August 2005 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2006 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2007 DLP Holiday Inn - July 2008 DLP Holiday Inn - 26th August-9th September All Star Sports WDW !4th-28th May 2011 WDW All Star Sports 14th-28th September 2012 WDW All Star Sports
sam_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Is the beach at Poly not an option (if that would do)? I thought I heard it might be. I would try and twist their arm. Make sure to remind them Sunset pointe was always your dream

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: