Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #1501
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

I am so excited! My DD (19) got into the college program. She checks in on May 20th leaves on Jan 3. We have so much to do to get ready... only month away!

I see more trips to WDW in my very near future!

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #1502
DisneyTinkerbell
Mouseketeer

I am sorry if this has already been answered, but there are so many posts I think I probably missed it Does my daughter need to bring her own comforter, sheets, pillows and towels?

July 93 OP May 95 CBR* May 97 CSR May 99 POR Apr 02 ASSp Aug 02 ASSp May 04 Dolphin Dec 06 ASSp Mar 08 Pop July 09 Pop May 12 Pop

DisneyTinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #1503
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTinkerbell View Post
I am sorry if this has already been answered, but there are so many posts I think I probably missed it Does my daughter need to bring her own comforter, sheets, pillows and towels?
Yes.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #1504
DisneyTinkerbell
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

July 93 OP May 95 CBR* May 97 CSR May 99 POR Apr 02 ASSp Aug 02 ASSp May 04 Dolphin Dec 06 ASSp Mar 08 Pop July 09 Pop May 12 Pop

DisneyTinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #1505
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTinkerbell View Post
Yes and don't forget a mattress pad is a must

Upcoming/planned trips:
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #1506
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

DD wears a medical necklace will there be a phone number available there for her to add to it? We have seen the medical accommodation form but that really doesn't cover her needs if she has an asthma attack, she just needs a contact really.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #1507
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
DD wears a medical necklace will there be a phone number available there for her to add to it? We have seen the medical accommodation form but that really doesn't cover her needs if she has an asthma attack, she just needs a contact really.
I'm not sure what you mean by phone number? If you mean as an emergency contact Disney will be no help. It should be you. She will have a phone in her apartment but the chances if her roommates being there to pick it up are slim.

Also I will say that if she is at work at one of the parks and has a severe attack the EMS team can be there within 1-2 minutes. Response time to resorts is a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #1508
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by phone number? If you mean as an emergency contact Disney will be no help. It should be you. She will have a phone in her apartment but the chances if her roommates being there to pick it up are slim.

Also I will say that if she is at work at one of the parks and has a severe attack the EMS team can be there within 1-2 minutes. Response time to resorts is a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks, I'm in the UK so it would be difficult, she doesn't have them often at all so hopefully all will be okay
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #1509
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I'd honestly just recommend your mobile, as any EMT/Paramedics/First Responders will check her medical tag before anything else.

In my case it's iffy since my parents turn off their phones at night, but if there's that possible concern leave your phone as the primary contact in all situations, and on her medical tag. Just plan on leaving it on 24/7, as that's what I would do in any circumstance.

By the way, thanks for reminding me as I still need to order mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
Thanks everyone. Now I need to ask how many days I should get park tickets for. I know it will be busy and dont want to waste money on a day I don't need. I have sunday our arrival day. Then wondering if I should bother for monday? then Tuesday is my last day.
If you're arriving Sunday, I'd recommend at least Sunday/Monday. Just realize she'll be busy with check-in, unpacking, and casting which will leave little time if you're planning on helping her out. With the new check-in system though, things should run quicker but begins later at 9am. Depending on what time you're leaving, Tuesday might be possible too. It just depends on what you're up for personally, as she won't have park access until Wednesday at the earliest.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #1510
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
I'd honestly just recommend your mobile, as any EMT/Paramedics/First Responders will check her medical tag before anything else.

In my case it's iffy since my parents turn off their phones at night, but if there's that possible concern leave your phone as the primary contact in all situations, and on her medical tag. Just plan on leaving it on 24/7, as that's what I would do in any circumstance.

By the way, thanks for reminding me as I still need to order mine too.

Thank you so much for your help Roger, I'll put my moblie/cell and landline down on it
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #1511
DisneyParent
2013 Disney College Program Parent

My Daughter got her Arrival date as May 20th and the email to complete the preboard documents which are all done.

Now the Dashboard has a link in the communications titled WDWCP Food Service QSR H/H which says: The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site.

Is this normal after you are locked in or should she call and checkup on this?

Also - I'm driving her down in two weeks. If I could bring her single twin matress in my truck would you recommend it? I've heard the matresses are pretty hard and I do have room to bring it.

Last edited by DisneyParent; 05-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
DisneyParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #1512
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParent View Post
My Daughter got her Arrival date as May 20th and the email to complete the preboard documents which are all done.

Now the Dashboard has a link in the communications titled WDWCP Food Service QSR H/H which says: The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site.

Also - I'm driving her down in two weeks. If I could bring her single twin matress in my truck would you recommend it? I've heard the matresses are pretty hard and I do have room to bring it.
Never seen the communication. Unless she ha the application saved in her dashboard.

On the bringing your own mattress I would call housing and ask if that is allowed. I think I recall that we weren't allowed to bring our own furniture but I'm not sure if a mattress would count. Also the storage for the CP housing mattress would be unfair to the other roommates because it would take a lot of room out of the closet.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #1513
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParent

I would have her call and check that out...something doesn't sound quite right with that communication...

And regarding the mattress, you need to leave it at home. Your bettter bet is to invest in a good quality mattress topper. Your not allowed to bring your own and honestly there is no guarantee that she will stay in the same unit with the same girls for her entire program. And if she has to move, it's not always with a lot of notice! So that would be my suggestion...a quality mattress topper. Kohl's sells some for a reasonable price on sale and then use the bonus 30% off. I got a NICE twin sized one for about $30.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #1514
DisneyParent
2013 Disney College Program Parent

Thanks all - we'll check on a good matress topper then.

Are the offices open on the weekend to check on the message or will she have to wait until Monday morning?
DisneyParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1515
leebee
DIS Veteran

Not sure how to feel...

Well... after all the excitement of planning for the CP, doing the interviews, going to WDW to audition for a character/mover role (first cut based on height, and she is 5'6"), accepting a role in attractions, "meeting" potential roommates online, starting to make plans and schedules, etc., it looks like DD might not be doing the CP after all. Many things come into play, but the big ones are (a) her inability to fit regular dance classes into the work schedule, (b) some really excellent classes her major and minor are offering on a trial/one-time basis during fall semester, and (c) failing health of a beloved grandparent. We talked about it all last night, and she keeps coming back to reasoning that the original idea was to audition to DANCE at Disney, not just take off a semester to work at WDW. I know that I'll be supportive of her final decision, because it's her life, but I admit to feeling a little sad around the edges, that DD might not be doing the CP next fall! She is still weighing all the options, but really... Do I have the only kid in the world who'd choose to stay in school rather than work at Disney World??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: