Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #121
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

We always spend the last night looking at the castle (either in WDW or DL) and leaving can be so heartbreaking ! But we never say "goodbye" .. we always say "See Ya Real Soon !" .. somehow that makes it a little easier to know that we plan on coming back ..

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #122
DisneyDez
Earning My Ears

Wink

Hi, Jaina
This is my first time on DISboards and I would like to say that I saw your trip to dl with ur family and I loved it! What great pics. you have really cute kids. Thanks for all the info you supplied for us. I do have a question though, we are taking our daughter and two young grandkids 6 & 7 to dl in may, 14th - 17th and was wondering what the temp was when your were there? Some of the pics of your kids had them with red checks. I just want to be prepared for the weather as we are from Sequim, WA and it rains a lot here.
Thank you
DisneyDez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #123
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
We always spend the last night looking at the castle (either in WDW or DL) and leaving can be so heartbreaking ! But we never say "goodbye" .. we always say "See Ya Real Soon !" .. somehow that makes it a little easier to know that we plan on coming back ..
It took me a minute to figure out -where- that was from, though it was playing animatedly in my head as I read it..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Geez your gonna make me cry, and I'm at work so I can't.

I hope your going to do a follow up post with impressions and best times and other such stuff?
I will -try-. It's hard to think about already a month out, without specific questions!

Here is a post I did right as we got back with some impressions:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Ahhh!! What a sweet last moment!! We love the fireworks!! I'm so glad you at least got to experience them!!! Enjoy the memories and know you will be back sometime!! And then the kids will be a little older and it'll be a whole new experience!!
I am still enjoying the memories! It's hard to tell whether watching the videos and looking at the pics often will make me remember it better or if I do it too much, if they'll get almost boring, you know (from overexposure)? Never want that to happen, so I have to walk a fine line. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDez View Post
Hi, Jaina
This is my first time on DISboards and I would like to say that I saw your trip to dl with ur family and I loved it! What great pics. you have really cute kids. Thanks for all the info you supplied for us. I do have a question though, we are taking our daughter and two young grandkids 6 & 7 to dl in may, 14th - 17th and was wondering what the temp was when your were there? Some of the pics of your kids had them with red checks. I just want to be prepared for the weather as we are from Sequim, WA and it rains a lot here.
Thank you
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! The thing with that part of California is that there is no planning for the weather! Until just a week or two before we didn't have any idea, and I brought ponchos and sweatshirts and pants as well as sunscreen, shorts, and hats! My family has gone in May quite often, and sometimes it's cool and breezy parts of the day and sometimes it's really toasty. It often cools off at night. When we were there it was unseasonably warm, and hit just over 90º that last day we were there, which is why there were pink cheeks! When my parents went last October (I think) they had a heat wave that put it over 100º for their trip! I just try to prepare for both, though it means a little extra packing.
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #124
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! I cried a little bit at the end just imagining you riding the carousel, watching the fireworks, people walking out of the park...I've done those things so it brings me right back! Your DH is a sweetie alright, that was thoughtful & unselfish to bring the kids back to the hotel and let you enjoy the last of the evening solo!

What a fun TR with the videos! I love that, it made it that much more real!! Sweet & Magical dreams!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #125
cptmemo
Earning My Ears

Loved reading the rest of your trip! Truly magical Can't wait for our trip in June! We're going in a large group, but haven't been since the big kids were 5 and 7...and they' will be 10 and 12! plus a 18 month old. It'll be a bit crazy

Thanks for sharing this with us all!
cptmemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #126
Jaina

Thanks for the nice comments! Sorry I have not been paying attention. I have mostly been in bed the last 2 weeks with really bad "morning" sickness. Exciting, but I can't wait for the next 2-3 months to pass...

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #127
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

This was really good!! I'm actually a former VMK'er too. I love the kids shirts.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #128
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Thanks for the nice comments! Sorry I have not been paying attention. I have mostly been in bed the last 2 weeks with really bad "morning" sickness. Exciting, but I can't wait for the next 2-3 months to pass...
Congratulations!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #129
Jaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
This was really good!! I'm actually a former VMK'er too. I love the kids shirts.
A very late "thanks!" I still miss VMK at times. My kids would love it now, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Congratulations!! I hope you feel better soon!!
Thanks, as well! (Also very late) I am starting to feel better most days and things are going well. Starting to get my head above water again - yay!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #130
Sisa
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say thank you for the great trip report. We will be taking our little ones for the first time and it really helped me prepare by reading your TR. I loved all the pictures and the video clips.
Sisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #131
Jaina

You're welcome! I'm glad it was helpful. You will have such a great time!

Disney Trips:
Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #132
AussieMumma
Has the travel bug

I just read through your TR and really enjoyed every single part. I had tears in my eyes when I read your last part about riding the carousel!
Congratulations on number four
Old 08-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #133
RachelleBeaney
PrincessShelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Gross, I know, but it just goes to show that having fun and enjoying yourself are largely about perspective!
I love this quote - a strange thing to love perhaps but I also take this attitude - in life, and particularly on holidays - that it's your attitude and perspective on events that happen which will decide if you have a good time or not...Am loving your trip report - your family is adorable and i'm so happy you guys got to take a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth when it seemed that it might not happen!
Disneyland Resort - 2009, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando - 2011, Disneyland Resort - 2012, Tokyo Disney Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and Disneyland Resort - 2013

PLANNED - 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise - Disney Fantasy, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando with the new WWOHP - Diagon Alley and Disneyland Resort - 2015

2012 Disneyland trip report:

2013 Disney trip of a lifetime pre-trip report:

2013 Disney trip of a lifetime trip report

2015 Our First Disney Cruise - 7 night Eastern Carribbean, WDW, UOR and DL Pre-Trip report
RachelleBeaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #134
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Love, Love, Loved your trip report !
Your children are adorable, I loved their cute smiles in your pics !
I can totally see the love you have for Disney and its magic !

You trip reminded me of our first family trip when my children were 3, that is when I really understood the magic of Disney and have loved it ever since!

One question: you said you used the mouse wait app ? Did it seem pretty accurate with the wait times and closures ?
We are going next month and wasn't sure which app to use.

Once again, wonderful report. Thanks for bringing us into the magic with you !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
LuvindisCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #135
Jaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMumma View Post
I just read through your TR and really enjoyed every single part. I had tears in my eyes when I read your last part about riding the carousel!
Congratulations on number four
Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for the congrats - I am much more excited now that I'm over the sickness (mostly). And they -think- the baby is a boy, which I'm kind of hoping for, because we haven't had a baby boy around here in about 7 years now! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleBeaney View Post
I love this quote - a strange thing to love perhaps but I also take this attitude - in life, and particularly on holidays - that it's your attitude and perspective on events that happen which will decide if you have a good time or not...Am loving your trip report - your family is adorable and i'm so happy you guys got to take a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth when it seemed that it might not happen!
Thanks! I'm happy you enjoyed it. My kids still talk about it weekly if not daily. I just finally got our own (longer) version of the video version on a DVD for them the other day, and they've already watched it several times. Even though there are times we could -really- use the money we spent -now-, I still don't regret taking that trip even a little bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Love, Love, Loved your trip report !
Your children are adorable, I loved their cute smiles in your pics !
I can totally see the love you have for Disney and its magic !

You trip reminded me of our first family trip when my children were 3, that is when I really understood the magic of Disney and have loved it ever since!

One question: you said you used the mouse wait app ? Did it seem pretty accurate with the wait times and closures ?
We are going next month and wasn't sure which app to use.

Once again, wonderful report. Thanks for bringing us into the magic with you !
You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I found the Mouse Wait app times fairly accurate as long as I made sure to check when the times were last updated. We never had any upsetting surprises when using it, if that makes sense.

Disney Trips:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: