Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Star Wars Episode VII Rumors

A couple of rumors and speculations I've seen flying around today regarding Episode VII. Carrie Fischer "confirms" she will be in Episode VII. J.J. Abrams hopes John Williams will score Episode VII. Disney has been super quiet on anything Star Wars so I will take all of this with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement. I'm still torn on using the Big 3 and pushing Episode VII back 40 years after ROTJ and the last set of novels or using new actors closer to the end of ROTJ. I do like the idea of using John Williams to score the next trilogy and I think he has expressed interest in doing them too.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...iams-will.html
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
A couple of rumors and speculations I've seen flying around today regarding Episode VII. Carrie Fischer "confirms" she will be in Episode VII. J.J. Abrams hopes John Williams will score Episode VII. Disney has been super quiet on anything Star Wars so I will take all of this with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement. I'm still torn on using the Big 3 and pushing Episode VII back 40 years after ROTJ and the last set of novels or using new actors closer to the end of ROTJ. I do like the idea of using John Williams to score the next trilogy and I think he has expressed interest in doing them too.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...iams-will.html
I honestly think if anyone other than John Williams does the score for Episode VII there will be mass riots in the street.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
I honestly think if anyone other than John Williams does the score for Episode VII there will be mass riots in the street.
I think Michael Giacchino would be a good replacement if necessary since he has a good working relationship with both JJ and Disney, and also worked on the music for the Star Tours update.

Williams is 81 years old and Disney plans to be releasing Star Wars movies until at least 2019 so we have to deal with the reality that he may not continue to be capable of doing the music.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe not a riot...but a strong grumble...
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
I think Michael Giacchino would be a good replacement if necessary since he has a good working relationship with both JJ and Disney, and also worked on the music for the Star Tours update.

Williams is 81 years old and Disney plans to be releasing Star Wars movies until at least 2019 so we have to deal with the reality that he may not continue to be capable of doing the music.
I agree here, I think what may happen is John Williams and Michael Giacchino will probably work together, maybe Williams will advise on Ep. VII or they compose together or some other type of combination and then completely hand the reins off to Giacchino for the rest.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post

He would be an obvious heir apparent.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Echo7Solo
Earning My Ears

Right now I'm trying not to get too into the rumor mill. I mean it isn't because I don't want to be spiled it is more because I know Star Wars fans. I don't want to see the internet wars this time like with the last three.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #8
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

I totally agree. And now, with social media, it will be way worse. Overall I am very positive about what Disney has done so far. Only thing I am miffed about is the canceling of The Clone Wars just as I was getting into it. They went out and got a great writing staff and director for the Episode VII and the two stand alones are a bonus to me.

I'd like this thread to keep going with just news updates and quotes from the big players like Abrams, Fischer, Ford, and Lucas. Even if the later is smoke screening its better than posting articles that use, "unnamed sources."
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Echo7Solo
Earning My Ears

the final unaired episodes of TCW will be on the dvd set. That is about the best we can ask for right now. Off topic we can at the very least see them on dvd unlike Young Justice and GLTAS. But then again for one reason or another Cartoon Network won't let anything finish the right way. Never much has.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
caveat lector
Mouseketeer

I'll buy a ticket either way.
caveat lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7Solo View Post
the final unaired episodes of TCW will be on the dvd set. That is about the best we can ask for right now. Off topic we can at the very least see them on dvd unlike Young Justice and GLTAS. But then again for one reason or another Cartoon Network won't let anything finish the right way. Never much has.
I don't think Cartoon Network was involved in the decision. Rumor was that Disney wanted to take in in-house for Disney XD. However, there are some complications in doing that in some cases (CN likely had right of first refusal), but also Disney seems to have directed Lucasfilm to aim all turbolasers directly at the movies.

As I understand it, they are still trying to finish up what they have to get out in some fashion - haven't heard if it would be DVDs, or specials, or online, etc. yet. Hoping there will be some more news from Star Wars Weekends (I haven't heard if Dave Filoni is attending yet...)

Don't forget that Clone Wars was running out of time...the planned season was getting up to Order 66...

Anyways, it appears that they are starting initial planning on a new animated series, but set completely outside the time we are familiar with from the movies. The money is on it being set during The Old Republic area, which has been used in the books and games...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7Solo View Post
That seems fair to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I don't think Cartoon Network was involved in the decision. Rumor was that Disney wanted to take in in-house for Disney XD. However, there are some complications in doing that in some cases (CN likely had right of first refusal), but also Disney seems to have directed Lucasfilm to aim all turbolasers directly at the movies.

As I understand it, they are still trying to finish up what they have to get out in some fashion - haven't heard if it would be DVDs, or specials, or online, etc. yet. Hoping there will be some more news from Star Wars Weekends (I haven't heard if Dave Filoni is attending yet...)

Don't forget that Clone Wars was running out of time...the planned season was getting up to Order 66...

Anyways, it appears that they are starting initial planning on a new animated series, but set completely outside the time we are familiar with from the movies. The money is on it being set during The Old Republic area, which has been used in the books and games...
Clone Wars was originally to have a length of 5 seasons. Then it was stretched to 7. I like the idea of using the bonus material to put a bow on the series.

I've heard rumors a new series would be New Republic or Old Republic era. I think both are just wishful thinking and guessing right now.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
That seems fair to me.

Clone Wars was originally to have a length of 5 seasons. Then it was stretched to 7. I like the idea of using the bonus material to put a bow on the series.

I've heard rumors a new series would be New Republic or Old Republic era. I think both are just wishful thinking and guessing right now.
It only got 5 seasons...

And I believe it was Dave Filoni himself that said they were doing development work on a new animated series that was set at a time not touched by the movies...whether it makes it to series or not is another matter.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Agreed
Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of a partnership with John Williams. Certainly, Williams IS Star Wars music, but as much as I love him, he cannot live forever. There will be Star Wars after John Williams. Now would be a good time for a partnered passing of the torch.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: