Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Two nights before cruise, AoA or rent points?

So I am debating weather I want to stay at the AoA which would be the cheapest option (Mermaid rooms) or renting DVC points and trying to get either Boardwalk or AKL Savanna view. It will only be for 2 nights before our 4 night cruise, we will only be going to mainly MK and DHS (maybe stop at Epcot or AK one morning) but which should I do. If I want to spend the least then AoA is the way to go, next expensive would be BWV this is my fiancé's choice, she loves DHS and the BW theme, the boat ride to DHS would be nice and quick to get to Epcot if we decide to do a meal there we love Via Napoli! Her next choice would be AKL BUT only a savanna view. I really try to plan things she really enjoys because she is not as much of a Disney fanatic as me and says she it gets boring after a while! Blasphemy! Our two kids will also be with us DD 9 and DS 5, we have not yet been to the AoA and DF would like it there also... I'm having a hard time deciding, can you guys give me some different perspectives and your thoughts??? Help!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
DannyDisneyFreak

Bump
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
DannyDisneyFreak

Man no ideas from anybody? What a let down 😞
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
kaismommie
Mommy of 2 Toddlers

We are going on a four day cruise in November and I debated on staying either at AOA or in Port Canaveral a few days before we decided to depart.

I decided to give in and just spend three nights at AOA (Little Mermaid) and do a day at one of the parks. We stayed at AOA last November and LOVED it. The kids had a blast and I know they'll enjoy it again, which is definitely much more fun than just hanging out at a hotel in Port Canaveral. My kids will be 7 and 5 when we go back.

Mommy to Kai (DS6) and Mimi (DD4)

Thanksgiving at Disney! November 21-25, 2012. (AOA: Little Mermaid)
Disney Cruise on the Dream for April 29-May 3, 2012 2012
Disney for Mimi's 3rd Bday, May 10-14, 2011 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
DISNEY Christmas!! December 12-17, 2010. (All Star Movie Resort)
FIRST On-site say June28-July2, 2010 (All Star Movie Resort)
Prior to the dates above, I lost count
kaismommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

We tacked on 2 nights this past Spring Break AFTER a cruise at Wilderness Lodge Villas. Absolutely loved it. Our boys are 9 and 7. We did a similar thing a few years after a cruise, but stayed at All-Star Sports. These were night-and-day trips. It took forever to get anywhere when staying at All-Star. With us only having a couple days at WDW, staying at VWL was so convenient - we minimized a significant amount of travel time to parks (we had 2-day hoppers).

I think you should go for BWV - so convenient to DHS and Epcot. AKL will take longer to get to any of the parks (except of course AK). With limited time, go for the convenience factor. It's a plus that it's your significant other's first choice, too.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbacon
We tacked on 2 nights this past Spring Break AFTER a cruise at Wilderness Lodge Villas. Absolutely loved it. Our boys are 9 and 7. We did a similar thing a few years after a cruise, but stayed at All-Star Sports. These were night-and-day trips. It took forever to get anywhere when staying at All-Star. With us only having a couple days at WDW, staying at VWL was so convenient - we minimized a significant amount of travel time to parks (we had 2-day hoppers).

I think you should go for BWV - so convenient to DHS and Epcot. AKL will take longer to get to any of the parks (except of course AK). With limited time, go for the convenience factor. It's a plus that it's your significant other's first choice, too.
We did a similar thing; we stayed at POFQ prior to our cruise, which was wonderful. Then we wanted to try the newish POP century after the cruise for a night. Big mistake! You don't want to go from the amazing Disney Dream to a budget resort. We were so disappointed in the level of service, the rooms, everything.

We stayed at AKL in March. I agree with this post that it is too far out and takes you a long time to get to the parks. If you are short on time you might want to consider another resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: