Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)

Malicious Websites

Every time I log in to the DISboards there are numerous malicious websites trying to infect my computer ... And I have an iMac. Before becoming DISboards member in January 2013, I have never received a message that my antivirus software had blocked a malicious website of a "dangerous level". Now I get these attacks daily, thank goodness I doubly insured the contents of my Mac with antivirus software.

Unfortunately, given the threats and dangerous environment on DISboards, I will no longer be able to participate in the forums...it is truly a shame.

Disneyfans222

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Thank you for posting. I thought i was the only one. During my security scan this week I saw I had 80 attempted attacks on my computer. After during a little testing which site was causing this, it was determined that it was the disboards site. It started on April 26th, then and happened about every minute. The website contains profanity, so I won't post it. I went on vacation and just returned. of course i went to disboards and was surprised to see another 60 attacks, this time with a different website. Luckily for me, my security softward blocked the attempts, but I wanted to let others know that this was going on. When i get done posting I will have to do another scan. I've been avoiding using the disboards right now until this clears up. I hope someone sees this posts and looks into it. OP, you are not alone.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Thank you for posting. I thought i was the only one. During my security scan this week I saw I had 80 attempted attacks on my computer. After during a little testing which site was causing this, it was determined that it was the disboards site. It started on April 26th, then and happened about every minute. The website contains profanity, so I won't post it. I went on vacation and just returned. of course i went to disboards and was surprised to see another 60 attacks, this time with a different website. Luckily for me, my security softward blocked the attempts, but I wanted to let others know that this was going on. When i get done posting I will have to do another scan. I've been avoiding using the disboards right now until this clears up. I hope someone sees this posts and looks into it. OP, you are not alone.
Just wanted to update on this situation. I have done a little more "testing" and it seems the blocked websites that my software is catching is only from the actual discussion boards. When using WDWinfo.com there is no problem, but if I go to the discussion boards, then check my virus software afterwards it shows every minute my software is blocking a website. I'm surprised that this has been occuring for the past month and is still happening. I am concerned for folks who might not have adequate virus protection software. I hope somehow someone can fix this. I've been a disboards member since 2000 and this has never happened before. I'm lucky that my virus software is blocking these bad sites. Now when I leave the disboards I run a scan to clean up the blocked sites, but when I check my scan reports it does show 90 blocked attempts over the past few days, all occurring while visiting the disboards.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: