Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

My wife & I ate at AP last year for our honeymoon. I had the mushroom soup which was good but her salad was even better. I had the swordfish which was amazing. She had the salmon. I HATE salmon and I've had it several different ways in some nice restaurants. I took 1 bite of hers and thought it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Then for dessert we got the cobbler. Holy Cow, it was awesome! Easily one of the best meals I've had anywhere. Atmosphere, service, food, everything was perfect.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, looks like everyone has a different experience! I suppose any of the three are a good choice.

I am sorry to mention this, I hate to add to the pot, but:

You are staying at Port Orleans with downtown Disney just a lovely boat ride away. I would have had wolfgang pucks on my bucket list if that was the case. Also, the Earl for a counter service lunch....... Yum.

Edited to add: Also, although some of your double ups are good places to eat, I personally would choose to do only one time at each restaurant, so I could experience different places. I just had to put that out there

One last note: To be fair to Artist Point, I have not eaten there for several years, so perhaps my imput on this restaurant is not a current valid point. I think the same thing happened to me as a previous poster: bad experience there, too many other good places to go to, so I havent been back.

Last edited by Rileygirl; 04-30-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
Well, looks like everyone has a different experience! I suppose any of the three are a good choice.

I am sorry to mention this, I hate to add to the pot, but:

You are staying at Port Orleans with downtown Disney just a lovely boat ride away. I would have had wolfgang pucks on my bucket list if that was the case. Also, the Earl for a counter service lunch....... Yum.

Edited to add: Also, although some of your double ups are good places to eat, I personally would choose to do only one time at each restaurant, so I could experience different places. I just had to put that out there

One last note: To be fair to Artist Point, I have not eaten there for several years, so perhaps my imput on this restaurant is not a current valid point. I think the same thing happened to me as a previous poster: bad experience there, too many other good places to go to, so I havent been back.
So funny, I did look at WP recently and decided to just back away and not add anymore ideas, lol! And the ones that we doubled up on were really for the girls to see the characters. I figured the two littles ones aren't huge eaters, they don't really care where we eat, they'll find enough, and the rest of us will just enjoy seeing them so excited. Our oldest DD(10) does have a bit of an adult appetite, she's just under five feet tall and a competitive swimmer, so she can pack in the calories, but she's a total mother hen, I think we'll all have a great time watching how real it is for the younger girls.
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, I think you have a good handle on things You are going to have an amazing experience at Disney, at least food wise!

Have a great trip,
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
Well, I think you have a good handle on things You are going to have an amazing experience at Disney, at least food wise!

Have a great trip,
Thanks for all the suggestions! Still haven't figured out what the heck to do, I might pass this one off to DH and make him decide!
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I have eaten at most of the dining plan signatures and these three are in my top five (the other two being Cali Grill and Jiko).

I'd personally rank it Artist Point, Flying Fish, Citricos. But it's pretty close. And you really can't go wrong with any of them.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Gees - don't get an ulcer planning Disney dining. It's just not worth it. All of the restaurants have been dumbed down since the advent of DDP and all are about similar in terms of offerings and quality. The desserts especially are only pale imitations of the former desserts at signature restaurants. That's because everybody gets a dessert with their dining plan -- so all the desserts at all the restaurants seem to be some variation on a zebra dome -- a chocolate half ball filled with some kind of creme that can be kept in the fridge and pulled out easily and stuck on a plate.

Having said that, of the three you are considering, I would put them in this order:

1. Citrico's
2. Flying Fish
3. Artist Point

We have dined in the private dining room at Citrico's and met and visited with the chef. We and some friends booked the chef's table private dining room experience one night as we were disappointed with the Food & Wine Festival event offerings. We really enjoyed our meals and enjoyed getting to know the chef. He really does care about cooking excellent food (within the confines that the dining plans now impose, of course).

2. We have had nice meals at Flying Fish. And, we have done the wine dinner, which was enjoyable.

3. Artist Point used to be a favorite. We still like the cedar-plank salmon and the mushroom soup. But, they keep raising the prices so high we've lost interest. The buffalo steak in not worth the price, IMO. They used to do a berry cobbler here that was amazing. Last time we had it, it had declined to about 1/4 the size it used to be -- hardly enough for one let alone sharing. The price for it had been raised and the berries cut back. They used to also have a great Jack Daniel's cake, too. Now the desserts are variantion on a cold bombe. I wouldn't bother with AP.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: