Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #2401
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

What rooms will be eligible for free dining? We were thinking of booking a Caribbean Beach pirate room.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #2402
btirendi
KingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Everyone needs their own minimum 2 day ticket. When you book a package, everyone in the room must have the exact same entitlements. You can adjust length of tickets once you have them in hand if someone needs more days than the others.
I booked Room / Ticket package with only a one day ticket so I would qualify as a Package - does it make it any different if I call to apply a discount (FD if it comes) since I only did one day ticket vs two day minimum you indicated above for Dining plan. I want to be sure I have the easiest change possible to avoid any issues with existing reservation. Thanks
btirendi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #2403
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post

I booked Room / Ticket package with only a one day ticket so I would qualify as a Package - does it make it any different if I call to apply a discount (FD if it comes) since I only did one day ticket vs two day minimum you indicated above for Dining plan. I want to be sure I have the easiest change possible to avoid any issues with existing reservation. Thanks
You will have to modify your package to meet the minimum requirements. Either way, holding a room now doesn't lock you in for free dining.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #2404
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post
They will have to change your tickets to two day tickets if they add the discount, but they can do that easily. I would not worry about changing it before then. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #2405
SadieG
Mouseketeer

Thanks Everybody!
SadieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #2406
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post

I don't know if things have changed, but I've NEVER paid a fee for my checking account. I don't comply with ANY of the things you mentioned either, so I'm a little confused.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
With Chase? I haven't paid fees either, but I have complied.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2407
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I don't know if things have changed, but I've NEVER paid a fee for my checking account. I don't comply with ANY of the things you mentioned either, so I'm a little confused.

Linked below are the available plans in my area. I remember getting a letter from Chase (late last year, I think) informing me of the fee. You might want to double check your account to see if it applies to you, as well.

https://www.chase.com/checking#!cca:ccca
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #2408
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Two things:

If I sign up for this Chase Disney Debit - do you think they will be allowed to book FD offers on May 6th (3 days before GP?).

Also, I currently have a Sept. 1-7 res for LM rooms at AOA with the dining plan. Would it be best to have my Disney agent just switch my dates to 2-7 and stay at AOA? Or if there is a good chance we wouldn't get it...should we just have our res changed to POR? We were going to pay for the dining upgrade if we stayed at AOA anyway so staying at POR is only about $170 more for us. I just feel like its more of a "prize" to get a LM room with FD so wasn't sure of my chances.

I've never had an issue getting FD booked (did FD in 2009, 2011, & 2012) but reading these make me nervous!!

Amber
amberann6783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #2409
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post

With Chase? I haven't paid fees either, but I have complied.
Yes. And I've had it for years.

(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #2410
RUSTYGATOR
Earning My Ears

Does it mean anything that when I click on their site for the 30% off summer discounts it is down, or is that a regular occurrence?
RUSTYGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #2411
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYGATOR View Post
Does it mean anything that when I click on their site for the 30% off summer discounts it is down, or is that a regular occurrence?
I've tried to open that page in three different browsers, all with different results and none of those results get me to the page about summer discounts.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #2412
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYGATOR View Post

I believe this means they are updating their system with the "newest" booking specials. My agent text me last night and said their agent site was down as well and that's what it usually means.

Amber
Old 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2413
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783 View Post
I believe this means they are updating their system with the "newest" booking specials. My agent text me last night and said their agent site was down as well and that's what it usually means.
Then they've been doing this update for a few months now. That page has never once opened for me correctly, in any browser.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #2414
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Then they've been doing this update for a few months now. That page has never once opened for me correctly, in any browser.
I think what you are referring to is something different. That does sound like some kind of issue. As for trying to book on the Disney site, as of today, they just started doing site maintenance so you cannot book packages.

Since Disney switched over to the new site, the special offer page is harder to find now. You have to hover over "Places to Stay" then on the far right there is a "See Special Offers" link that takes you to the summer offer that is currently going on.

Amber
Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #2415
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783 View Post
I think what you are referring to is something different. That does sound like some kind of issue. As for trying to book on the Disney site, as of today, they just started doing site maintenance so you cannot book packages.

Since Disney switched over to the new site, the special offer page is harder to find now. You have to hover over "Places to Stay" then on the far right there is a "See Special Offers" link that takes you to the summer offer that is currently going on.
Nope. I'm referring exactly to the "summer offer" page that Rustygator referred to above. I can see other offers, but not that the summer one, and it hasn't worked, at least for me, ever since that link has been there. Not on three different browsers and not even after clearing caches, etc. on each one.

Of course this isn't the only problem with the Disney website. But to answer Rustygator: it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong on your end or that the summer offer is off the table. It just means that the Disney website is very poorly maintained. You can always call them and book that way. If you want to see details about the summer offer, mousesavers.com is a good place to see all current offers. Disney's own website, for whatever reason, isn't.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: