Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #31
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Gramma and I filled our drinks with Diet Coke before leaving the ship. It was so much more convenient then the little paper cups they provide. More to come today.
Oh haha I thought it was a red drink!!! Must be her shirt in the pic. Don't mind me
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #32
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Looks like a fab day at Castaway Cay and Pirate night.....except for the sunburn!!! Youch!!!!

How exciting that you guys are all going on another cruise and with the men in tow this time. Fingers crossed your DH loves it so much that you'll be booked up again before the end of it
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #33
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
Looks like a fab day at Castaway Cay and Pirate night.....except for the sunburn!!! Youch!!!!

How exciting that you guys are all going on another cruise and with the men in tow this time. Fingers crossed your DH loves it so much that you'll be booked up again before the end of it
Well, he'll love it but he will probably enjoy it more then WDW, fewer people and gift shops. He did promise a Disney trip when I was done with my dissertation, however, so hopefully I can get it done quickly.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Day at Sea - Part I

Another beautiful day and we were moving very slowly back toward Port Canaveral.

We opted for Cabanas for breakfast again...and I found Mickey Waffles!

Now, you see that orange juice there? Very important for the next day...you'll see soon.

Lilly also tried her first bite of Mickey Waffle:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10511...46860268560802

You can also hear why that OJ was important in that video. I woke up with the sniffles this morning.

I'm on a boat!!

We went back to the room and did a load of laundry...required with an infant at least once during a trip.

After laundry was finished we went to do some wandering and ended at Vista Cafe.

See that smile...it didn't last long. DISbaby had been crawling very good for about three weeks now and I wanted to enter her in the Diaper Dash.

While we were waiting for it to start she was crawling all over, interacting with the other kids around us. They all loved her.

Diaper Dash Intros:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10511...46971137004498

Needless to say...things did not end well.

Too much noise and too many people. She was temporarily traumatized, poor baby. But she did get a DCL bib as a consolation prize. I felt so bad. We headed up to Deck 11 to chill out and let her cool down and get some ice cream...I let her have a lick of mine because I was feeling guilty.

To be Continued...
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Day at Sea - Part II

DISbaby recovered quickly from her diaper dash trauma.

We needed ice cream however to make ourselves feel better.

It had been a long and traumatic morning for DISbaby and we were hoping to get her down for a nap. So we went back to the room and ordered some room service.

This was good.

These were ok, I like my wings more Buffalo and less Teriyaki.

Gramma wasn't too impressed with the burger. We also ordered some coffee.

DISbaby didn't nap long at all...maybe 15 minutes. So we went enjoyed the verandah.

And finished up our exploring and shopping.

I went to try my hand at Ultimate Disney Trivia in 687...the winning team only got 10/25 questions right...it was pretty tough. But I did get a Captain's Mai Tai to ease my developing cold. Gramma and DISbaby went back to the room to try for another nap.

I went back to the stateroom and DISbaby was still not wanting to nap. So I looked at the Navigator and saw that Wings of Life was playing. I figured it would be a decent movie and maybe she would fall asleep in the cool dark theater.

We sat in the back just in case she didn't like it...this was her first movie experience.

She was really excited at first.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10511...47132659709618

Then she fell asleep and slept through most of the movie. She loved the butterflies and music when she was awake though.

To be continued....our last dinner.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Day at Sea - Part III

After Wings of Life we once more returned to the stateroom to get ready for dinner. While Gramma changed we sat out on the verandah. We were starting to pick up speed as we headed to PC.

Tonight we were in Enchanted Garden once more. This was probably my favorite dinner of the cruise.

Gramma chose the last of our wine options, which we finished off that night:

DISbaby played with her menu:

And made a mess....

She's really all about self-feeding right now and it's hard when you're trying to get cereal on a spoon into her mouth.

I LOVED these dishes. Very, very good. Tuna-Avocado Stack and Lobster Ravioli

Gramma got soup and salad to start:

Subesh brought us this....booooooooo.

Sea Bass with Risotto for me.

Pork Loin for Gramma.

And we split the chicken dish (which was wonderful).

I had this for dessert.

Gramma had the sundae (Bananas Foster I think)

They also brought us this plate. I enjoyed the chocolate ones more.

Our final dinner on the Dream was over. We went back to the room for a few minutes and got DISbaby settled for the night. I went back out to take some final pictures and to watch Believe. I wish Jason (my hubs) could have seen it...he needs to start believing in magic again.

The show was good...I got a little more emotional with The Golden Mickey's because of the concept of perseverance and confidence (with my dissertation writing approaching I needed it...) But after I went back to the room. I did not sleep well that night. First, I was really starting to not feel well, Gramma was snoring because the patch was starting to dehydrate her and the boat was rocking a bit that night. I woke up that morning as we were docking in PC.

To be continued: Our day room at the Hyatt, Traveling Aftermath and post-cruise thoughts.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #37
MamaOfTwoPrincesses
MNSSHP October 2008

Love your report. We were on the same cruise!

*July 2014 (Kidani) First WDW trip as DVC members! SURPRISE TRIP to celebrate DD's 9th birthday!
*April 2013 (POR) Disney Dream cruise and quick 4 day visit
*December 2010 (Contemporary)
*October 2008 (Poly)
*January 2007 (POFQ)
MamaOfTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

More updates coming but I'm really busy at work and home right now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: