Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Help! Dealing with DCL and discount code

I booked a cruise well over a year ago, we sail in August and our final payment is do in about 3 weeks. We cruised about 3 years ago on the Magic and we got stuck on CC an extra day. The way we pulled in and the winds made it impossible to get out. We couldn't get off the ship because first chance the captain got he was booking it out of there! Long story short, due to our delay we were offered 20% off a future cruise. The only thing we received was a letter and we were to refer to our confirmation from that cruise. Well, I called and they adjusted our price months and months ago but our final payment doesn't show it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I spent about 3 hours on the phone with them trying to get them to understand what I had and what was supposed to be done. I'm at a loss and my patience is running thin that this is causing so many issues!! We didn't ask for or receive anything while on the ship or afterward besides this discount. Many other families received lots and lots of items, etc. I just want our cruise price to be correct so I can pay the darn thing off!!

Advice? I also want to turn it over to a TA but not until this is corrected!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
TiggerStac
I'm going to join in on this one
he sure looks like a dog on the sweatshirt

FYI.. you can't turn over to a TA, new rules, you can only transfer w/in 30 days of original booking and it can't be paid in full. These went into effect on 2/1.

Now... I don't have suggestion, have you ever seen the $$ amount corrected. You would think that if it was there, it would be reflected on your balance due showing online. OBC is shown, it isn't shown as discount, just shown because $$ amoutn for booking is less then would have been.
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerStac View Post
FYI.. you can't turn over to a TA, new rules, you can only transfer w/in 30 days of original booking and it can't be paid in full. These went into effect on 2/1.

Now... I don't have suggestion, have you ever seen the $$ amount corrected. You would think that if it was there, it would be reflected on your balance due showing online. OBC is shown, it isn't shown as discount, just shown because $$ amoutn for booking is less then would have been.
Yes, the last time I called a few months ago I got sent an updated reservation form with the new lower balance due.

Darn, I didn't know that about the TA thing. That stinks!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You are going to need to call and talk to a supervisor for that. There were threads about this back when it happened, but it's been a while. I am surprised that they still honored it recently since most of those offers have a time limit attached, but if they sent you an adjusted confirmation the system should reflect the same.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Thank you, I don't know one person that has any experience with this. I have called several times and currently on hold. It kicked the discount out of the system, it had been applied and I have called several times to fix it several times too.

There were no date restrictions but I booked onboard anyways, said discount was applied, it wasn't, hence the reason I called. Hoping that 10th time is the charm! 46 minutes and counting figuring this out today on the phone!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: