Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
ClosetDisneyJunkie
Mouseketeer

I also did a solo trip for the first time last year. I had a fantastic time. It's a lot of fun being able to take your time and look around the park at your own pace. I'm one of those people who needs to see EVERYTHING so I can drive my friends/family a little nuts when we travel, haha.

For me, I never really felt lonely in the parks. Like everyone above has said, people are in such a good mood. Eating alone didn't really bother me, but I just did quick and easy self-serve food. I might have felt differently going to Blue Bayou alone or something.

The only time I felt a little silly, as a grown 36 year old man, was getting onto certain rides solo in Fantasy Land. I did forego a couple of the kiddie rides because I think I would have felt a little dumb riding alone (like the carousel, ha). But other than that I rode everything. Single Rider is awesome. And I noticed that there are a TON of people riding alone. They may be on a solo trip, or their family may be taking a break, etc., but I noticed lots of people riding alone so at no point did it feel like I was the odd person out.

For me the only lonely part was getting back to the hotel at the end of the night and being there solo. But I was so exhausted by that point I couldn't really dwell on it, haha. One evening I did cut out of DLR early and took a drive up to LA, which was fun.

I highly recommend a solo trip. You'll have a great time.
ClosetDisneyJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetDisneyJunkie View Post
I also did a solo trip for the first time last year. I had a fantastic time. It's a lot of fun being able to take your time and look around the park at your own pace. I'm one of those people who needs to see EVERYTHING so I can drive my friends/family a little nuts when we travel, haha.

For me, I never really felt lonely in the parks. Like everyone above has said, people are in such a good mood. Eating alone didn't really bother me, but I just did quick and easy self-serve food. I might have felt differently going to Blue Bayou alone or something.

The only time I felt a little silly, as a grown 36 year old man, was getting onto certain rides solo in Fantasy Land. I did forego a couple of the kiddie rides because I think I would have felt a little dumb riding alone (like the carousel, ha). But other than that I rode everything. Single Rider is awesome. And I noticed that there are a TON of people riding alone. They may be on a solo trip, or their family may be taking a break, etc., but I noticed lots of people riding alone so at no point did it feel like I was the odd person out.

For me the only lonely part was getting back to the hotel at the end of the night and being there solo. But I was so exhausted by that point I couldn't really dwell on it, haha. One evening I did cut out of DLR early and took a drive up to LA, which was fun.

Don't be afraid to do kiddie rides solo! I've ridden Dumbo, the carousel, and the Casey Jr train by myself!
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

I'm planning on doing a character breakfast alone.

I'm kinda nervous about that.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
Matchboxjen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
I went solo for my birthday two years ago. I met up with another DISer there solo for her birthday and we had a character breakfast together. I had so much fun! It was so nice to do everything at my own pace. I don't know how to post a link but I also wrote a trip report about my solo birthday trip if you'd like to check it out.
Awesome! I will look for it. Oh and hello to a fellow Canadian!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #35
Matchboxjen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetDisneyJunkie View Post

Yeah I would just do quick meals except I really want to go to Cafe Orleans again. I'll just eat quick haha. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #36
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
I'm planning on doing a character breakfast alone.

I'm kinda nervous about that.
Don't be! I did a character meal at WDW and it was not a big deal at all. The characters will come and talk to you, just like they would if you were in a group!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #37
ludari
DIS Veteran

I live local so I go to Disneyland at least twice a month solo. You should have no problem enjoying your solo trip to the parks and 3 days should be plenty of time to take in all the fun. Have a great trip.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #38
Matchboxjen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I live local so I go to Disneyland at least twice a month solo. You should have no problem enjoying your solo trip to the parks and 3 days should be plenty of time to take in all the fun. Have a great trip.
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #39
scothen
dsny4ever

Hi,

I was there by myself last September, and will be heading back this September solo. My best advice would be to take a guided tour (The Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps is great!!).

Hope you have a great time!!
scothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #40
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

I go alone ALL THE TIME. But I'm not traveling like you are, so it's a little different. I did find it a little awkward at first to be honest. I felt self conscious about doing rides alone for example. But I got over it after a few trips. I've never worried about dining alone though. I do that a lot anyway. Love going to movies by myself too.

But for me, the park isn't really about the rides anyway. I go to soak in that good Disney magic. I watch...a lot. I can get lost for hours and hours watching the goings on from Town Square through Main Street and up to the Hub and Castle. There's so much to take in.
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #41
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scothen View Post
Hi,

I was there by myself last September, and will be heading back this September solo. My best advice would be to take a guided tour (The Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps is great!!).

Hope you have a great time!!
I did this one solo and it was amazing! I am hoping to do it again next trip, now that Walt's apartment is included!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #42
sarahb86
Earning My Ears

When my family went to WDW I split off for a while because I wanted to do some stuff no one else wanted to. Now that I have a DL AP I've been on an afternoon solo and plan to go solo this summer since my bf only has the SoCal pass, and I'm going to do the Walt's tour by myself. It's nice to be able to go at your own pace.

Plus, people randomly talked to me and complimented my mouse ears which never would have happened if I'd been with someone. You'll be fine!
sarahb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to DisneyAlli's trip report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2724846
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #44
dreamindizney
Earning My Ears

I go to DL alone a couple times of year! Love it! I get to take my time and explore. Sometimes I feel like going on a ride, other times I just grab something to eat, watch a parade, or just enjoy relaxing.

-Chloe
dreamindizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
Matchboxjen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
Here is a link to DisneyAlli's trip report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2724846
That was an awesome read! Thanks for the link!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: