Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #1051
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Sorry, but there's no type of reservation that you can make that would hold a room for you under the FD (or any other) promotion.
Thank you... like I said, I would gladly let go of FD; I just want the room.

I really don't want to lose our room that we booked, even if we pay for our own food. I can't believe that a promo coming out can let them take our room away, I guess I'll have to be more careful about that in the future.

If it doesn't work out, no biggie... back to tents at Ft. Wilderness as usual.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #1052
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Thank you... like I said, I would gladly let go of FD; I just want the room.

I really don't want to lose our room that we booked, even if we pay for our own food. I can't believe that a promo coming out can let them take our room away, I guess I'll have to be more careful about that in the future.

If it doesn't work out, no biggie... back to tents at Ft. Wilderness as usual.
They're not taking the room away from you though. If when you call, they still have FD rooms left with that room category, you get the room and FD. If they don't have any FD rooms left in that category, you can either not have FD or change rooms. You can still have the room without FD, they won't take it away and give it to someone that booked it with FD. The only way you won't have that room is if you decide to change it because you want to make sure you get FD.

The day they announce it, just call and see if you can get it. If they don't have that resort/room category available, just don't change your reservation. I have done that in the past. I had a resort/ room category that I was set on, and I called to see if it was available with a deal. When it wasn't, I didn't change since that was more important than the deal was. I didn't lose my room.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume what they do is look at the reservations they have for each resort and decide what of those remaining rooms they want to include in the offer. Well, at least that's what makes the most sense to me. They don't take away from rooms away from people who already booked them. So, for example, they have 400 unbooked rooms at the CSR for the time they want to offer FD, they decide to make 100 of them available for the offer. When 100 people have taken advantage of that offer for CSR, they are sold out of that resort/room category combo for the offer.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #1053
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
They're not taking the room away from you though. If when you call, they still have FD rooms left with that room category, you get the room and FD. If they don't have any FD rooms left in that category, you can either not have FD or change rooms. You can still have the room without FD, they won't take it away and give it to someone that booked it with FD. The only way you won't have that room is if you decide to change it because you want to make sure you get FD.
Ahh... good, thank you. We will try to call early the day it comes out and get the package, but yes-- I mainly want the room, FD or no FD, I don't want to lose our room at PORS

Not really interested in value resorts; I prefer Ft. Wilderness. I don't mind sleeping in a tent, I just like the amenities that they offer on the grounds better

Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #1054
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for all the info! Have been looking forward to this for awhile! We are soooo excited! :-)
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Lazor460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #1055
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Ahh... good, thank you. We will try to call early the day it comes out and get the package, but yes-- I mainly want the room, FD or no FD, I don't want to lose our room at PORS

Not really interested in value resorts; I prefer Ft. Wilderness. I don't mind sleeping in a tent, I just like the amenities that they offer on the grounds better
I guess you misunderstood me. I never said they'd take the room away; I just said that you can't book a room before a promotion starts in order to guarantee being able to take advantage of the promotion.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #1056
mickeyandminnie0515
Earning My Ears

Talking

Okay I am very new at this Disboard thing so please bear with me We are checking in on Sept. 15th at POR. I reserved a preferred room in January bcause I know sometimes standard rooms don't qualify right?? I guess the question you are tired of answering is when will I get free dining offered??? I live in the U.S. and I don't have a Disney Visa card.
mickeyandminnie0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #1057
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyandminnie0515 View Post
Okay I am very new at this Disboard thing so please bear with me We are checking in on Sept. 15th at POR. I reserved a preferred room in January bcause I know sometimes standard rooms don't qualify right?? I guess the question you are tired of answering is when will I get free dining offered??? I live in the U.S. and I don't have a Disney Visa card.

You can call at 7am EST on May 9, to see if FD can be applied to your current reservation. If they have standard rooms available under the promotion, you can switch to one if you want to. If you have reserved the room only (meaning no tickets), you will need to book a FD package with a new deposit and cancel the room only reservation and get a refund of that deposit. Good luck!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #1058
mickeyandminnie0515
Earning My Ears

I booked a full package with tickets room and dining plan like I did the past 2 years. My worry is I read a few posts back that they may run out of offers for POR before I can call. Am I understanding that right?
mickeyandminnie0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #1059
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyandminnie0515 View Post
I booked a full package with tickets room and dining plan like I did the past 2 years. My worry is I read a few posts back that they may run out of offers for POR before I can call. Am I understanding that right?
As long as you can call within the first day or two, you stand a good chance of getting what you want, but it is always good to have backup room categories or even a backup resort in mind, just in case.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #1060
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Hey Danny,

I hope you are having a great morning.
Just a little pre November announcement question for you. I am checking in on 11/08. If FD is announced for Nov., do you think this is a good check in date. It is during Jersey Week, but after when the check in dates for people coming for Jersey Week should be. Just thought I would pick your brain lol.

Thanks!!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #1061
acwaters
Earning My Ears

Will the free dining offer be available to Disney visa card holders on 5/2 or is 5/9 when the offer becomes available to Disney visa card holders? Just wondering if i should wake up early on Thursday to call and book my vacation LOL. Thanks!!! Love the site
acwaters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #1062
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwaters View Post
Will the free dining offer be available to Disney visa card holders on 5/2 or is 5/9 when the offer becomes available to Disney visa card holders? Just wondering if i should wake up early on Thursday to call and book my vacation LOL. Thanks!!! Love the site
MAy 6 th supposedly for Disney Visa card holders, May 9 th for general public.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #1063
Princess_Au
Mouseketeer

I have a question for those of you know how the Disney Visa card works:

My sister is going with us on our September trip and has a Disney Visa card. Should we use her card and book the FD a few days earlier than when the general public discount comes out? What happens if later she decides to not go (she can be a little flaky at times )? Would Disney let me pay the remaining balance on my card or do they care who pays the bill? TIA!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1064
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I have a question for those of you know how the Disney Visa card works:

My sister is going with us on our September trip and has a Disney Visa card. Should we use her card and book the FD a few days earlier than when the general public discount comes out? What happens if later she decides to not go (she can be a little flaky at times )? Would Disney let me pay the remaining balance on my card or do they care who pays the bill? TIA!
As long as the deposit is made on a Disney Visa card, they don't care who pays the balance. The balance doesn't have to be paid with the Disney Visa. I booked a reservation with the Disney Visa but paid for the rest of it with a different card.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #1065
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I guess you misunderstood me. I never said they'd take the room away; I just said that you can't book a room before a promotion starts in order to guarantee being able to take advantage of the promotion.
Yes, I did misunderstand, sorry.

It makes sense that you can't guarantee a promotion... otherwise everyone would jump on it early and hold it 'just in case'.

My biggest concern was not missing out on FD, which would be a disappointment at this point but not a big deal. It was losing our room that worried me... I just can't have that.

I'm one of those people who have to do/experience things to understand them... trying to understand all this through reading/research just drains my brain cells.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: