Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Hi everyone I'm joining in again (and helping with the hosting duties soon) I started April with a bang and finshed with a clunker! But May is looking good with new focus!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

And onto May.

QOTD?

My name is Jeannine, I am 48, married for 22yrs and my dh had a heart attack and bypass surgery in Dec. 2012. I am very motivated to get my life on track for the both of us through healthy eating and exercise.

I have 2 dd's. One is 22 and lives at home, works and goes to school. The other dd is 16 & ending her sophomore yr in HS.

I have been working on my own health with my feet. Currently I am physical therapy for plantar fasciitis and toe pain. At this point my PT is pretty sure my toe pain is the beginning of "Morton's neuroma" and hammertoe.

A lot of my exercising will be strength training & stretching. My cardio will be bike riding. I can do some walking but I have to watch it because the nerves in my toes are ticked off at me.

My lifestyle change this month with eating will be tracking saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium. At the end of last month I added counting calories and then gained weight.

So good luck to all, no matter your reasons for changing your life.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good morning all!

I'm Lisa and I'm going to be your coach for the next few days.

One of the nice things about our new challenge is that it is a fresh start. I think the April showers were a bit too much for us toward the end there so I'm going to go ahead and post a warm up question since we are all raring to go to get started.

Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Marvelous May WATP Challenge!

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living!

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both.

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers.

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few weeks I will be running my fifth half marathon. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start.

A big, WATP thank you to our hostess, Dona!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge!
H Lisa - and gang - I am Michelle (and boy did that Epcot Movie make me ) I am type 2 diabetic and have started following Atkins (mid Feb) and can't believe how amazing I look and feel even with half more to go it's also been GREAT for my blood sugars.. I hope to hit my goal by summer of being able to buy and wear cute summer dresses! I have a Hubs who 12 yrs younger then me and a Chef by trade (But I do the cooking at home!) and it's truely a perfect fit! He is good to me and my children.. My DD is a freshman in College studing to be a Nurse and my DS is a Sophmore in HS - he is amazing at sports, plays Ice Hockey, LAX and Golf. We have a cat and we LOVE dogs but haven't had one since our Beagle passed 18 mo ago.. I LOVE LOVE Chocolate, Pasta (which isn't very atkins friendly) and peanut butter.. I also love to read and scrapbook.. Walking Dead and Once upon a Time are my fave dramas while I love to watch H-E-L-L's kitchen and mostly anything on the food network..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! QOTD: I never got to go on that .
My name is Jessica and I am going to be 29 next month. My hope is to get to goal by the time i turn 30. I am married to my DH and we have been married for almost 4 years. I currently work in a bank as a supervisor while my husband is a full time student. It makes it very tough at times, which does not help with the weight loss. I have been doing the challenges for about a year, and have found some great success and support from all of you. I am looking forward to an outstanding May and getting to know all of you.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone

I'm Helen and I'm going to be reaching the big 50 in November, which is the main motivation for my weight loss.

I will have been married for 20yrs in December, we have no children, but do have one cat who is definitely our baby!!! (Spoilt rotten!)

Sadly, out last visit to Disney was in September 2010, it's just sooo expensive to go over from the UK that we can't afford it at the moment, but hopefully in the next couple of years we will make it. Don't really like DLP, it's not REAL to me!!!!

I don't 'do' exercise as I find it boring, but have started walking a lot more recently to try and tone up a bit.

Joining this group since January has really motivated me - I usually set myself a target of 7lb per month, but have actually lost 36 so far, so all good. I'm attending Slimming World, which is a UK club, more popular than WW. (I think you have them in Texas) The eating plan really works for me as some food is unlimited and I can really fill up.

Look forward to chatting to you all during May, and you'll be seeing me as coach from 17th to 24th.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Hi, I'm Molli

i actually just popped on the DIS to go to the scrapbooking forum and report that i met my Apr goal ...and i should be making WISH goals too!!! what's a matter with me!!

and i see some faces here that i recognize and miss you all! and i'm looking forward to meeting up with the new-to-me faces too!

We are cruising on the Fantasy in July, actually 3 days at the parks prior too..and i really really really want to be 15 lbs thinner. well i REALLY want to be 45 lb thinner..but that's not realistic! I have been struggling with health problems since July 2010 and (forgive the repeat if you've heard this) and after 4 major surgeries in 16 months, leaving me permanently steroid dependent and replacing other hormones I didn't even know i had....i truly do beileve i've turned the corner and can begin LIVING LIFE again!! sadly, the disease I had (Cushing's) added 50 lbs to my body as i overproduced the bodies natural steroid, cortisol. Now I control my levels with meds, and i'm still in the balancing phase. so the weight is not falling off...but i need accountability to keep exercising and journaling!

I also have two DDs...one in college and one that's a sophmore! i sense a theme....

to all those who stepped up to coach!! it's a big deal and these gals are giving alot of their time to do so!! you ROCK!!

what's a moving buddy? do i need one of these?

i already forgot the joining directions, so i'm back to the start and will PM my goal, or whatever the official joining action is

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Hi. My name is Susan and I'm 45. Still haven't found the magical potion to help me lose any weight but as long as I'm watching Dr. Oz I am sure I'll keep trying...

Meanwhile I'm trying to build some decent muscle at my gym, riding my bike a lot and trying not to eat to compensate for all that. I've decided my goal will be 2 pounds this month. Pathetic I know but it seems that's the pace I'm at. I am really glad since I started in January I'm able to fit much more comfortably in my pants and able to wear some that I haven't been. I've got 2 grown kids and am now enjoying the less daily responsibility of that but now they have grown up issues that are even harder to deal with almost. Realized today that my 24 year old daughter is a compulsive liar and I really don't know what to do about it. Most advice is to walk away from those relationships but she's-- my kid. I don't know. I'm going to do more reading and see if there's any local help. It's kind of difficult to help someone when they won't communicate with you regularly.

To sum me up-- crazy cat lady, married 20 some odd years, worked for Albertsons for also 20 some years. Always boy crazy and a fiend for a bargain. I'm always a friend to animals and very interested in health issues. Disney fanatic and lifelong Bowie fan. Just trying to make it through every day, and if I occasionally come out ahead I count myself fortunate.

Well-- I better go work out if I'm going to do it at all...TTFN
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi everyone I'm joining in again (and helping with the hosting duties soon) I started April with a bang and finshed with a clunker! But May is looking good with new focus!
Michelle! And thank you so much for sharing coaching with me this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
And onto May.

QOTD?

My name is Jeannine, I am 48, married for 22yrs and my dh had a heart attack and bypass surgery in Dec. 2012. I am very motivated to get my life on track for the both of us through healthy eating and exercise.

I have 2 dd's. One is 22 and lives at home, works and goes to school. The other dd is 16 & ending her sophomore yr in HS.

I have been working on my own health with my feet. Currently I am physical therapy for plantar fasciitis and toe pain. At this point my PT is pretty sure my toe pain is the beginning of "Morton's neuroma" and hammertoe.

A lot of my exercising will be strength training & stretching. My cardio will be bike riding. I can do some walking but I have to watch it because the nerves in my toes are ticked off at me.

My lifestyle change this month with eating will be tracking saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium. At the end of last month I added counting calories and then gained weight.

So good luck to all, no matter your reasons for changing your life.
Jeannine! Hope the PT gets that toe and PF with the exercise program soon. And a very good reminder that what works for one person may or not equal success for another but the important thing is to keep trying until you find out what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
Hi everyone! QOTD: I never got to go on that .
My name is Jessica and I am going to be 29 next month. My hope is to get to goal by the time i turn 30. I am married to my DH and we have been married for almost 4 years. I currently work in a bank as a supervisor while my husband is a full time student. It makes it very tough at times, which does not help with the weight loss. I have been doing the challenges for about a year, and have found some great success and support from all of you. I am looking forward to an outstanding May and getting to know all of you.
Jessica! Looking forward to hearing more from you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi everyone

I'm Helen and I'm going to be reaching the big 50 in November, which is the main motivation for my weight loss.

I will have been married for 20yrs in December, we have no children, but do have one cat who is definitely our baby!!! (Spoilt rotten!)

Sadly, out last visit to Disney was in September 2010, it's just sooo expensive to go over from the UK that we can't afford it at the moment, but hopefully in the next couple of years we will make it. Don't really like DLP, it's not REAL to me!!!!

I don't 'do' exercise as I find it boring, but have started walking a lot more recently to try and tone up a bit.

Joining this group since January has really motivated me - I usually set myself a target of 7lb per month, but have actually lost 36 so far, so all good. I'm attending Slimming World, which is a UK club, more popular than WW. (I think you have them in Texas) The eating plan really works for me as some food is unlimited and I can really fill up.

Look forward to chatting to you all during May, and you'll be seeing me as coach from 17th to 24th.
Helen! Congratulation on all your great success so far! And thank you so much for taking a coaching week -- there is one more week open -- please PM our lovely hostess, donac, if you are interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Hi, I'm Molli

i actually just popped on the DIS to go to the scrapbooking forum and report that i met my Apr goal ...and i should be making WISH goals too!!! what's a matter with me!!

and i see some faces here that i recognize and miss you all! and i'm looking forward to meeting up with the new-to-me faces too!

We are cruising on the Fantasy in July, actually 3 days at the parks prior too..and i really really really want to be 15 lbs thinner. well i REALLY want to be 45 lb thinner..but that's not realistic! I have been struggling with health problems since July 2010 and (forgive the repeat if you've heard this) and after 4 major surgeries in 16 months, leaving me permanently steroid dependent and replacing other hormones I didn't even know i had....i truly do beileve i've turned the corner and can begin LIVING LIFE again!! sadly, the disease I had (Cushing's) added 50 lbs to my body as i overproduced the bodies natural steroid, cortisol. Now I control my levels with meds, and i'm still in the balancing phase. so the weight is not falling off...but i need accountability to keep exercising and journaling!

I also have two DDs...one in college and one that's a sophmore! i sense a theme....

to all those who stepped up to coach!! it's a big deal and these gals are giving alot of their time to do so!! you ROCK!!

i already forgot the joining directions, so i'm back to the start and will PM my goal, or whatever the official joining action is
Molli! So, so nice to see you here! We all need moving buddies sometimes but you are good since you are already here. We try to make sure people aren't left behind on our old threads as we switch.

Looks like we are off to a great start!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #24
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Hi, I'm Molli

Molli, I'll be your moving buddy!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hi. My name is Susan and I'm 45. Still haven't found the magical potion to help me lose any weight but as long as I'm watching Dr. Oz I am sure I'll keep trying...

Meanwhile I'm trying to build some decent muscle at my gym, riding my bike a lot and trying not to eat to compensate for all that. I've decided my goal will be 2 pounds this month. Pathetic I know but it seems that's the pace I'm at. I am really glad since I started in January I'm able to fit much more comfortably in my pants and able to wear some that I haven't been. I've got 2 grown kids and am now enjoying the less daily responsibility of that but now they have grown up issues that are even harder to deal with almost. Realized today that my 24 year old daughter is a compulsive liar and I really don't know what to do about it. Most advice is to walk away from those relationships but she's-- my kid. I don't know. I'm going to do more reading and see if there's any local help. It's kind of difficult to help someone when they won't communicate with you regularly.

To sum me up-- crazy cat lady, married 20 some odd years, worked for Albertsons for also 20 some years. Always boy crazy and a fiend for a bargain. I'm always a friend to animals and very interested in health issues. Disney fanatic and lifelong Bowie fan. Just trying to make it through every day, and if I occasionally come out ahead I count myself fortunate.

Well-- I better go work out if I'm going to do it at all...TTFN
Susan! I don't think your goal is pathetic at all -- I would say it is very realistic and practical. Big hugs on the DD issue.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #27
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!
Wowza that guy is speedy! I'm sure he takes after his momma.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #28
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

BMB -- i thought a moving buddy was someone to keep me moving! are you ready to take on that task!!??

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Wowza that guy is speedy! I'm sure he takes after his momma.
yeah, right! LOL

Quote:
BMB -- i thought a moving buddy was someone to keep me moving! are you ready to take on that task!!??
I'm here to help you move in any way I can.
A moving buddy is actually here to help you move and not get lost from one thread to the next but if you need a get up and get moving buddy, I'm your gal!! But I need to be prodded too. I've blown off my fitness for April and I'm paying the price now.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
Im married with 3 kids...
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!
My goal at this point is to not put on any weight while on vacation

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: