Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
JMHO

AKK

AKK
Bill the Cat? Is that you?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

I agree it sounds good but the only people I think it will really keep out are those with annual passes whose names Disney has decided to check out. Next would be resort guests whose names are run through a data base. I don't care so much about all the privacy issues many are concerned with but for those that do it appears this must be how they are finding the registered sex offenders that are entering the park by running names of paid guests through some type of system? Also think that is focusing on a small (but troublesome) group of criminals. Murderers, those with assault records, etc are as troublesome.

I pretty much think if you go to the park with a ticket you paid for on your own there will be no way to to know unless you are extremely suspicious acting or misbehave on property.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I agree it sounds good but the only people I think it will really keep out are those with annual passes whose names Disney has decided to check out. Next would be resort guests whose names are run through a data base. I don't care so much about all the privacy issues many are concerned with but for those that do it appears this must be how they are finding the registered sex offenders that are entering the park by running names of paid guests through some type of system? Also think that is focusing on a small (but troublesome) group of criminals. Murderers, those with assault records, etc are as troublesome.

I pretty much think if you go to the park with a ticket you paid for on your own there will be no way to to know unless you are extremely suspicious acting or misbehave on property.

Liz

Every state in the country has a public online site that anyone or organization can to check.

Very easy to do!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I agree it sounds good but the only people I think it will really keep out are those with annual passes whose names Disney has decided to check out. Next would be resort guests whose names are run through a data base.
+1 Sexual predators can buy their tickets at the gate, from their local AAA office or from mail order vendors.

This policy gives the appearance of keeping sexual predators out of the parks without really doing it.

People are on the list for misdemeanors committed before the list existed.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
lego606
Mouseketeer

I kinda wish they'd at least separate it by the different levels of sexual offense. Someone who is a level 1 for having an SO a year younger than them is clearly different from a level 3 repeat offender.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Every state in the country has a public online site that anyone or organization can to check.

Very easy to do! ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

AKK
T

DID YOU READ THE POST YOU QUOTED? Did you understand what Traveliz posted?

It's impossible to check an online site if you don't know the person's name or address.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
T

DID YOU READ THE POST YOU QUOTED? Did you understand what Traveliz posted?

It's impossible to check an online site if you don't know the person's name or address.

If you read my posts you would have found that nothing is 100%............in this case they have the names and addresses of every annual pass holder and guest at all Disney resorts........some 27,000 plus beds.

There are other facial systems and they can ask for your ID any time.

As I said, it is better to try and do something that right , then sit back and mock other peoples efforts.

AKK

AKK
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
I kinda wish they'd at least separate it by the different levels of sexual offense. Someone who is a level 1 for having an SO a year younger than them is clearly different from a level 3 repeat offender.
I agree 100%, and Disney and any company can check the state sites to see what the offense was and decide if that person should be kept out of the part.

That 1 teen that had sex with his girlfriend a year younger, has seen had his name removed..it was in the papers a year or so ago.

AKK
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
+1 Sexual predators can buy their tickets at the gate, from their local AAA office or from mail order vendors.

This policy gives the appearance of keeping sexual predators out of the parks without really doing it.

People are on the list for misdemeanors committed before the list existed.

1. WRONG.....they have already stated they have kept 75 out already. Please don't put your own over lay on ?Disney policy.....nowhere have they said its 100%. You kept trying to say that.....not Disney.

2. Whether they were convicted predators before the list was started is not a issue and doesn't matter...........their sick sex offenders!

Please bring up something that is pertinent to the discussion and facts.

AKK
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Bill the Cat? Is that you?
Pardon?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pardon?
I think she's referring to the Bloom County character and "AKK"

Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Not a sense of overall security... But there are 75 less sexual offenders that could potentially be in line with my family.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I think she's referring to the Bloom County character and "AKK"

Ho....I don't follow that comic Reddog..........I thought she thought I was a friend or something.

Thanks !

AKK
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
This. Think about it. In some areas, a person who gets drunk and decides to pee in an alleyway could find themselves on the registry. (yes, it's happened).

Also, as mentioned, its only relevant for those people who provide their names to Disney. Anyone purchasing a day ticket, they'll get in. There's no ID requirement for anyone staying at a resort, save for the person checking in; someone could easily provide a fake name to Disney as a guest of another.

There's plenty of loopholes; the net-net is this is as much a PR and/or security theater move as it is a real protective measure.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #30
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
This. Think about it. In some areas, a person who gets drunk and decides to pee in an alleyway could find themselves on the registry. (yes, it's happened).

Also, as mentioned, its only relevant for those people who provide their names to Disney. Anyone purchasing a day ticket, they'll get in. There's no ID requirement for anyone staying at a resort, save for the person checking in; someone could easily provide a fake name to Disney as a guest of another.

There's plenty of loopholes; the net-net is this is as much a PR and/or security theater move as it is a real protective measure.

I agree.....mostly.... and Disney and any company can check the state sites to see what the offense was and decide if that person should be kept out of the park.

That 1 teen that had sex with his girlfriend a year younger, has seen had his name removed..it was in the papers a year or so ago.

Those extremes in the laws have been slowly changing........not all yet but changing. As I pointed out the degree of the crime is listed as well and Disney can decide if who can still enter the parks.

However

1.all resort guests must provide ID by state law in Florida and most states.

2. Disney can request ID at anytime in the parks or on property and remove you if they decide to.

3. There is a lot fewer loop hopes then you think. I would also expect Disney security it be focused more on prevention of guests being attacked then trying to ID each person coming into a park.

It not 100%....but is a good start and the techno will improve in time.

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 04-30-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: