Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Disney Magic 12/27/13 Mid Holiday 3 Night

Hey everyone I booked this as the middle segment of a B2B2B. It is my DS11 and I, anyone joining us?
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,284

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Hi we are on this cruise as well. There are 21 of us!
DH and I generally dont take 3 day but familyand friends convinced us to go! We are staying in an inside stateroom for the first time all the past trips have been in a veranda room. We have 17 adults and 4 children ( my great nephew who will be 5, his sister who will be 2.5, great nephew who will be 10 months and his brother/sister who will be 3.5 months - my niece is not disclosing that information. Sue
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Awesome! Sounds like you have a huge crew!
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
DCLInauguralXmas
Mouseketeer
 
DCLInauguralXmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 107

B2B2B Holiday Cruise

Hello all -

We just booked the triple threat, too! We are going to be on the Magic from Dec 22 until January 2. I am soooooo excited!

I am looking forward to getting to you know you all in the next 7 months, 22 days and sharing the excitement with you as our sail date approaches!

I will be traveling with my DH - Dennis, DS - Scott (23), DDIL - Amanda (24), DD - Shelby (21), DS - Daniel (15), and DS Darrin (15).
__________________
Denise


1974 - 1985 X Mas at WDW - Fort Wilderness 1984 1st trip to DL - offsite, 1986 Honeymoon at WDW - offsite, 1990 back to DL - offsite, 1993 1st trip to WDW with kids age 2 and 1 - offsite, 1995 - WDW offsite
1998 - Inaugural Christmas Cruise on Magic - with all four kids youngest twins 10 mos old.
2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - X Mas at WDW - Port Orleans
2008 - 10 year celebration of our first DCL Xmas Cruise - 7 night western Magic
2010 - August off site, November All Star Movie
2011 - January Fort Wilderness Villa
2011 - Wonderful Alaskan Cruise Wonder in Roy Disney suite
2012 - New Y"Ears" Eve on the Fantasy
2013 - Christmas and New Years on Magic B2B2B
DCLInauguralXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLInauguralXmas View Post
Hello all -

We just booked the triple threat, too! We are going to be on the Magic from Dec 22 until January 2. I am soooooo excited!

I am looking forward to getting to you know you all in the next 7 months, 22 days and sharing the excitement with you as our sail date approaches!

I will be traveling with my DH - Dennis, DS - Scott (23), DDIL - Amanda (24), DD - Shelby (21), DS - Daniel (15), and DS Darrin (15).
Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one lol! I originally started with just the Christmas cruise, but then saw we could add on and do New Years too!
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLInauguralXmas View Post
Hello all -

We just booked the triple threat, too! We are going to be on the Magic from Dec 22 until January 2. I am soooooo excited!

I am looking forward to getting to you know you all in the next 7 months, 22 days and sharing the excitement with you as our sail date approaches!

I will be traveling with my DH - Dennis, DS - Scott (23), DDIL - Amanda (24), DD - Shelby (21), DS - Daniel (15), and DS Darrin (15).
Welcome
We would love what you are doing but we are going on the Med that includes Greece in 47 days! So we are out of vacation time. When I am not on my phone doing this I will bring you up to date on our party.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
DCLInauguralXmas
Mouseketeer
 
DCLInauguralXmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 107

Bucket List

The Mediterranean is on our bucket list but so far it has been easier to justify a Caribbean cruise in the heart of a Midwest winter than it is a cruise when it is warm here. And I so would love to do a transatlantic and a Med cruise b2b but the kids are still in school and they make you feel like a criminal for taking them out of school.

Enjoy your Mediterranean cruise this summer DL1957! Tell us all about it when you get back!

ktb2002 - I am looking forward to the 11 nights on the ship. And I don't think we are crazy (well maybe a little ) Our first cruise was a 4 night and that is WAY TOO SHORT! So since then we have only done 7 night cruises, but when I heard about the new dry dock updates to the Magic and saw that we could do a 5 night Christmas cruise on the Magic I thought I could do that and be happy. Well, that didn't last long cause I remembered a family from England on our Fantasy NYE cruise last year that were on there for almost a month (28 days four 7 night cruises) and I thought maybe we could do a 3 night too, but then that didn't get us to NYE and what the heck was the point if you couldn't do Christmas and NYE... and the kids were on board with it so why not! That is my story and I am sticking to it! BYW we are from the Midwest too!
__________________
Denise


1974 - 1985 X Mas at WDW - Fort Wilderness 1984 1st trip to DL - offsite, 1986 Honeymoon at WDW - offsite, 1990 back to DL - offsite, 1993 1st trip to WDW with kids age 2 and 1 - offsite, 1995 - WDW offsite
1998 - Inaugural Christmas Cruise on Magic - with all four kids youngest twins 10 mos old.
2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - X Mas at WDW - Port Orleans
2008 - 10 year celebration of our first DCL Xmas Cruise - 7 night western Magic
2010 - August off site, November All Star Movie
2011 - January Fort Wilderness Villa
2011 - Wonderful Alaskan Cruise Wonder in Roy Disney suite
2012 - New Y"Ears" Eve on the Fantasy
2013 - Christmas and New Years on Magic B2B2B

Last edited by DCLInauguralXmas; 04-30-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: left a word out
DCLInauguralXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
KimDisney
Earning My Ears
 
KimDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47

Hello! We are booked for this cruise, first time on the Magic! I've always wanted to do a Christmas time cruise and with the refurb on the Magic, I couldn't resist!

It will be myself, my DH and our DD, age 9. If anyone has an 8 or 9 year old DD they would like to penpal with our DD for fun in the kid's club, our email address is jandklutzyk@cfl.rr.com.

Looking forward to this cruise!
__________________
Disney Dream - March 2011
Disney Fantasy - June 2012
Disney Magic - Planned December 2013
Disney Wonder - Planned March 2014
Disney Annual Pass Holders for 15 years, live 30 minutes from Disney World!
KimDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLInauguralXmas View Post
The Mediterranean is on our bucket list but so far it has been easier to justify a Caribbean cruise in the heart of a Midwest winter than it is a cruise when it is warm here. And I so would love to do a transatlantic and a Med cruise b2b but the kids are still in school and they make you feel like a criminal for taking them out of school.

Enjoy your Mediterranean cruise this summer DL1957! Tell us all about it when you get back!

ktb2002 - I am looking forward to the 11 nights on the ship. And I don't think we are crazy (well maybe a little ) Our first cruise was a 4 night and that is WAY TOO SHORT! So since then we have only done 7 night cruises, but when I heard about the new dry dock updates to the Magic and saw that we could do a 5 night Christmas cruise on the Magic I thought I could do that and be happy. Well, that didn't last long cause I remembered a family from England on our Fantasy NYE cruise last year that were on there for almost a month (28 days four 7 night cruises) and I thought maybe we could do a 3 night too, but then that didn't get us to NYE and what the heck was the point if you couldn't do Christmas and NYE... and the kids were on board with it so why not! That is my story and I am sticking to it! BYW we are from the Midwest too!
Too funny that's how I started out too with just Christmas, then thought what the heck New Years looks awesome too! I'm cruising next month then the long wait til Christmas. I have New Years booked for the Fantasy next year too.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimDisney View Post
Hello! We are booked for this cruise, first time on the Magic! I've always wanted to do a Christmas time cruise and with the refurb on the Magic, I couldn't resist!

It will be myself, my DH and our DD, age 9. If anyone has an 8 or 9 year old DD they would like to penpal with our DD for fun in the kid's club, our email address is jandklutzyk@cfl.rr.com.

Looking forward to this cruise!
Its our first time on the Magic too! I didn't even know about the dry dock when I booked it, but figured this was going to be one of the only ways we'll get to go on it.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer
 
momtomattclare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 107

Just booked today!! We weren't supposed to cruise again until Aug. 2014 but I just couldn't wait that long! We'll be in FL anyway for the holidays and the refurb announcements put me over the edge! It will be me, DH, DS(10), and DD (6). This will be our first time on the Magic.
__________________
Renee, Chicago mama to Matt (10) and Clare (6)

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
ktb2002
DIS Veteran
 
ktb2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare View Post
Just booked today!! We weren't supposed to cruise again until Aug. 2014 but I just couldn't wait that long! We'll be in FL anyway for the holidays and the refurb announcements put me over the edge! It will be me, DH, DS(10), and DD (6). This will be our first time on the Magic.
Welcome aboard! Looks like we have a few First time Magic sailors lol.
__________________


Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomattclare View Post
Just booked today!! We weren't supposed to cruise again until Aug. 2014 but I just couldn't wait that long! We'll be in FL anyway for the holidays and the refurb announcements put me over the edge! It will be me, DH, DS(10), and DD (6). This will be our first time on the Magic.
Welcome it will be our 12 th cruise and our 9th on the Magic!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer
 
momtomattclare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Welcome it will be our 12 th cruise and our 9th on the Magic!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
This will only be our 2nd. We did the Dream this past spring break, and I loved it so I took advantage of OBB and booked a week on the Fantasy for Aug. 2014. However, that is soooo far away!! So I'm excited to sneak in this little one to hold us over!!
__________________
Renee, Chicago mama to Matt (10) and Clare (6)

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.