Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran
 
Uncleromulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Glen Rock Pa.
Posts: 15,112

Heaviest barstools at WDW

--belong to Yak and Yeti. There are only 5 seats at the small bar, but these babies must weigh in at 150 pounds or more each.
So heavy that I need to help Mrs U move hers out so she can sit down!!

BUt it's a nice bar and nothing like a few appetizers and a Kirin draft on a hot AK day.
__________________
1'st Disney experience-- Movie "Peter Pan", 1953, Naval Air Station Theatre, Pensacola Florida.
WDW first meal-Papeete Bay Verandah, Sept. 1975
Victoria and Alberts first dinner Sept. 1988
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native
 
jwfla422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: South FL (Coconut Creek to be exact)
Posts: 6,335

(they make sure you get a workout after you eat) ...if you can even move them...
__________________
Check out our yummy photos and reviews from our Disney trips @ www.disneydiningreviews.com
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 18,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
--belong to Yak and Yeti. There are only 5 seats at the small bar, but these babies must weigh in at 150 pounds or more each . . .
Makes it tougher to tapple them when you have gotten tippsy.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran
 
Uncleromulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Glen Rock Pa.
Posts: 15,112



I don't think they could be turned over no matter how hard you tried!!!
__________________
1'st Disney experience-- Movie "Peter Pan", 1953, Naval Air Station Theatre, Pensacola Florida.
WDW first meal-Papeete Bay Verandah, Sept. 1975
Victoria and Alberts first dinner Sept. 1988
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,626

At least there ARE bar stools there. I wish the Rose and Crown would have them. I guess they want quick turnover if they have guests stand at the bar, but a seat is nice to have.
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 18,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
At least there ARE bar stools there. I wish the Rose and Crown would have them. I guess they want quick turnover if they have guests stand at the bar, but a seat is nice to have.
1) Not many true "Pubs" have bar stools.
2) At least I have seen very few.
. . . one stands at the bar rail in a Pub
. . . this is more cordial
. . . it also makes it easier to flee
3) Just tables for the ones who want to sit.
4) And, of course, for the ladies.

NOTE: I have had a chance to visit quite a few Pubs in England,
Scotland, Ireland and Wales. One should know that this was on
strictly investigative journeys.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Not many true "Pubs" have bar stools.
2) At least I have seen very few.
. . . one stands at the bar rail in a Pub
. . . this is more cordial
. . . it also makes it easier to flee
3) Just tables for the ones who want to sit.
4) And, of course, for the ladies.

NOTE: I have had a chance to visit quite a few Pubs in England,
Scotland, Ireland and Wales. One should know that this was on
strictly investigative journeys.
Sounds like a worthy subject to investigate!

I visited the UK a couple of decades ago and ate in a couple of pubs. We sat at tables and I can't remember if there were stools at the bar. The absence of stools would make sense if the Rose and Crown is being authentic, though resting your feet midway through Epcot is much appreciated.
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
At least there ARE bar stools there. I wish the Rose and Crown would have them. I guess they want quick turnover if they have guests stand at the bar, but a seat is nice to have.
I never knew the Rose and Crown had a bar - can we go there for a drink and an app?
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it
 
honeymo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ridley Park, PA
Posts: 4,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post

I never knew the Rose and Crown had a bar - can we go there for a drink and an app?
They have a limited food menu you can order from in the bar. Not the same as the apps from the dining room. I love spending an afternoon there with some cider and an English Bulldog.
__________________
-Stephanie-
Me stitch eva nala
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
They have a limited food menu you can order from in the bar. Not the same as the apps from the dining room. I love spending an afternoon there with some cider and an English Bulldog.
Thanks! As many times as we have been to WDW we always find something new to try. How we missed this one I will never know.
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Ro Z
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salisbury, MA
Posts: 2,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post


I don't think they could be turned over no matter how hard you tried!!!
I have to agree!! But the easiest to topple over has to be RFC....Those animal butt stools scare me! The are heavy but not sturdy! Doesn't stop me from sitting my butt in any of them quite often!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran
 
Sweet Melissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
But it's a nice bar and nothing like a few appetizers and a Kirin draft on a hot AK day.
I completely agree. We've gone to Yak and Yeti a few times and have never made it past the appetizer menu. There are just so many good options! These days we forgo making a dining room reservation and just belly up to the bar.
__________________

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
Ro Z
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salisbury, MA
Posts: 2,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
I completely agree. We've gone to Yak and Yeti a few times and have never made it past the appetizer menu. There are just so many good options! These days we forgo making a dining room reservation and just belly up to the bar.
We do too. Wish there was more bar seating! Love Tune In but seating is cutthroat!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.