Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

Magic/Wonder vs Dream/Fantasy

DH and I are just off the Fantasy last Saturday. I'm already planning on surprising him with another cruise for his 30th birthday. My question is will we be disappointed in either the Magic or Wonder after being on a ship as big as the Fantasy?

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't think so, there are some things I like better about the small ships too. Plus you're getting the same great service and Disney touch.
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoyer428 View Post
DH and I are just off the Fantasy last Saturday. I'm already planning on surprising him with another cruise for his 30th birthday. My question is will we be disappointed in either the Magic or Wonder after being on a ship as big as the Fantasy?

Thoughts?
It depends on you. If you absolutely have to have a big ship and the Aquaduck, then maybe you will be disappointed. Personally, I love the classic ships. The dining rooms on the classic ships are not as large; the new ships' dining rooms feel almost industrial sized to me! Each ship has its own flavor and style. If you choose to enjoy what is on the ship, you will have a blast. If you choose to concentrate on what another ship has that this ship doesn't have, then you will have less fun.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
amylia403
Disney Mommy

We were on the Dream in 2011 and then the Magic in 2012. I had the same worry you did, but I LOVED the Magic. It's smaller in size, but just as beautiful. The service was great. Hubby and I didn't miss the Aquaduck, but if that is a big draw for you, you might want to factor that in to your decision.

amylia403 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: