Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #2971
abqgreene
Earning My Ears

I got Mickey Mail this weekend but no tags for Magical Express. The CM I chatted with said no big deal just give our claim tickets to the ME people and it will not be a problem. Has anyone had luck going it this way or have smother suggestion.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #2972
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

We are going in June with my sister's family. My parents are meeting us there, which is a surprise to my two DDs and three DNs. We plan to do the surprise meeting at POR, where we are all staying, and then head on the boat to DTD. Any thoughts on how/where we should do the big reveal? We arrive on Saturday, my sister's family will arrive Sunday morning and my parents get there Sunday afternoon. My parents will check in and my sister's fam and mine will go to MK for one or two hours. My parents are not doing a ticket that day. We were thinking near the dock, but none of us have ever stayed at POR. Any suggestions welcomed!!!

TIA!!!
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * February 2015 Yacht Club (solo trip/work conference * March 2015 All-Star Music (pre cruise) * March 2015 Disney Dream * July 2015 TBD *

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #2973
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Sorry...double post!!

We are going in June with my sister's family. My parents are meeting us there, which is a surprise to my two DDs and three DNs. We plan to do the surprise meeting at POR, where we are all staying, and then head on the boat to DTD. Any thoughts on how/where we should do the big reveal? We arrive on Saturday, my sister's family will arrive Sunday morning and my parents get there Sunday afternoon. My parents will check in and my sister's fam and mine will go to MK for one or two hours. My parents are not doing a ticket that day. We were thinking near the dock, but none of us have ever stayed at POR. Any suggestions welcomed!!!

TIA!!!
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * February 2015 Yacht Club (solo trip/work conference * March 2015 All-Star Music (pre cruise) * March 2015 Disney Dream * July 2015 TBD *

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW

Last edited by Harters2WDW; 04-29-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #2974
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
I got Mickey Mail this weekend but no tags for Magical Express. The CM I chatted with said no big deal just give our claim tickets to the ME people and it will not be a problem. Has anyone had luck going it this way or have smother suggestion.
First of all, are you sure you're signed up for ME? Second, from what I've read, some people are getting the ME tags in their Mickey Mail, but some are getting it separate, so the tags could still be coming. I'd call DME (866-599-0951) to confirm that you are signed up. If for some reason you don't get the tags though, don't worry about it. I read the Transportation board a lot, and the experts there assure people all the time that DME can still pick up your luggage even without tags.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #2975
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
At this point, our ressie starts on October 29th. We are hoping to keep that so we are guaranteed to get in a room when we get there for a little nap.
If you arrive technically the next morning after your reservation has started, they will still charge you for the room and 'normally' the rule is that will guarantee to keep your room until 6am the following day. However if you let them know, as long as you're still paying then there will be no problems. Might be worth sending them a fax a few days beforehand just to reinforce the point that you have paid for an extra night purely so you have a room ready when you arrive.

On the plus side, you'll get some extra unused dining credits from that first night which might come in handy later during your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
I am a bit worried to. We are arriving on the 13th. I just put in our dates 13-20th after reading your post. It shows everything except the standard view royal guest rooms as unavailable. I thought it was supposed to be quieter thst week. Does anyone know if there is a way to see if a group is staying.
I've heard the resort has been very full recently, at pretty close to 100% capacity for several months, and it looks to be staying that way through until June at least. Popular place!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #2976
CourtNut
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rf View Post
wow!

Excellent report

DW and I are addicted to viewing pictures of POR so yes, interested in viewing those from you, never stayed and POR and want to learn/see all we can before arriving in August
I will definitely post some pictures then! I'll put them up on the picture thread (and post a link in this thread). But, that will have to wait until tomorrow, as that will be my first free moment to get those done - gotta love returning from vacation to a ton of work! Vacation was so nice, but I've been having to burn the candle at both ends since I returned!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #2977
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

200 days until we get to check in. Still seems so far away, but since I'm looking forward to the summer, I'm not really in a rush for it to get here.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #2978
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
DME tags/documents come in a completely different envelope from the WDW paperwork.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #2979
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Just out of curiousity, I went to Disney's website today for our trip dates 5/26-6/1 for POR and it comes up SOLD OUT (nothing available), so I wonder if it really is or if other websites have the availability. I've never seen the whole resort being "not available for your dates". Glad we have reservations. Would there be a chance that they are overbooked and they would have to move people to another resort? I'd hate to have to go to another resort but if they would upgrade us to a deluxe, I wouldn't balk at that (we have two groups in our party, so two room reservations)

Keeping fingers crossed we don't get "bumped" to another resort if they have overbooked. I really am looking forward to staying here again (we stayed in 1995 when it was Dixie Landings)
Disney just announced a 24 hour MK park opening on the 24th, and that is memorial day weekend as well. It's gonna be packed! We check out on the 24 and so will miss the hoopla, and I'm not really disappointed.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #2980
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I've heard the resort has been very full recently, at pretty close to 100% capacity for several months, and it looks to be staying that way through until June at least. Popular place!

Andre
Andre, have you ever heard of them overbooking and having to move people? If so, where would they move someone to?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #2981
elfling8
Mouseketeer

I started my trip report - slowly getting it out
The third post has a couple of pictures of POR - one of the windows in our corner room, and two of the view out the door of room 3856.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #2982
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you arrive technically the next morning after your reservation has started, they will still charge you for the room and 'normally' the rule is that will guarantee to keep your room until 6am the following day. However if you let them know, as long as you're still paying then there will be no problems. Might be worth sending them a fax a few days beforehand just to reinforce the point that you have paid for an extra night purely so you have a room ready when you arrive.

On the plus side, you'll get some extra unused dining credits from that first night which might come in handy later during your stay.

Andre
Awesome! Thanks! Just needed some reassurance!! We will be PIF well before getting there. I know it seems silly to pay for a night that we are technically not using but I really want to guarantee a place for DH to lay his head when we get there. Plus, as you said, it gives us that extra day of dining credits. So, works for us. It makes sense that they hold it...they are/will have received their money already so they have nothing to lose. I will go ahead and fax...should I make it all one fax...room request and letting them know we are coming late? Or separate to ensure it is noted?

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #2983
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Andre, have you ever heard of them overbooking and having to move people? If so, where would they move someone to?
It's rare for them to deliberately overbook, but it can happen. More often the problem is rooms which should be available might not be usable (e.g. maintenance issues, etc). They will normally offer an upgrade if something like that happens, rather than a sideways move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I will go ahead and fax...should I make it all one fax...room request and letting them know we are coming late?
Might as well do it in one as they are both related issues.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #2984
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Might as well do it in one as they are both related issues.

Andre

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2985
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Everything available again

I give up, now on Disney's website, everything seems to be available again (but you have to "check availabilty") and when I do that the dates don't come up as available. Oh well, as long as we have a place to lay our heads, I'll be happy I'll be in DISNEY!!!!!!!!
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: