Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #2851
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to go to the Guest Service at a park. M k would be easy enough.
Thanks. There should be a Guest Services at AK, right? I don't want to make a special trip to MK if I don't have to. But wish I could get them at the GF since we are trying to make RD at AK on our first morning!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #2852
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Just checked into GF Sugarloaf Key (CL).

We're on the. 3rd floor with a pool view. With effort we can see CR and the top of Space Mountain from our porch. The fence around the pool blends in nicely. Quite a distance to VGF.

Had diner at GF Cafe.
Hope you have a great time. What do the refillable mugs look like at Gasparilla's? Hoping that they have changed since last year. I already have two sets of them and would like a new set for this summer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #2853
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

Hope you have a great time. What do the refillable mugs look like at Gasparilla's? Hoping that they have changed since last year. I already have two sets of them and would like a new set for this summer.
Haven't been to Gasparilla's yet but I'll take a look. (Can't upload a photo 'cause my iPad doesn't have a camera.)

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #2854
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Just checked into GF Sugarloaf Key (CL).

We're on the. 3rd floor with a pool view. With effort we can see CR and the top of Space Mountain from our porch. The fence around the pool blends in nicely. Quite a distance to VGF.

Had diner at GF Cafe.
Enjoy your stay--we'll be at Sugarloaf in a few weeks!

If you have a moment to tell me what you think about the noise level down by the Beach Club pool during the day, I would be ever so appreciative. Just trying to make a final decision on whether to cancel my cabana reservation. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #2855
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Just got back from a quick weekend trip and wanted to report a room to avoid at all costs. If you are assigned room 5213 (Sago), consider requesting a different room. The room has a very bad view - directly over the roof of the entrance and laundry staging area. However the worst issue is noise from utility areas on either side of the room. We were awakened at 3:00 AM by loud banging which turned out to be a piece of machinery that had gone haywire. It took about an hour to fix and we were exhausted the next day. Had we been staying longer I definitely would have accepted the offer to move to another room but since was just a weekend trip we stayed put. We were so tired on night two I doubt anything could have woken us up anyway! Beware this room!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #2856
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthergirl View Post
Just got back from a quick weekend trip and wanted to report a room to avoid at all costs. If you are assigned room 5213 (Sago), consider requesting a different room. The room has a very bad view - directly over the roof of the entrance and laundry staging area. However the worst issue is noise from utility areas on either side of the room. We were awakened at 3:00 AM by loud banging which turned out to be a piece of machinery that had gone haywire. It took about an hour to fix and we were exhausted the next day. Had we been staying longer I definitely would have accepted the offer to move to another room but since was just a weekend trip we stayed put. We were so tired on night two I doubt anything could have woken us up anyway! Beware this room!
So sorry you had issues with the room, but thanks for the heads up about the view and noise.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #2857
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

I was just there through April 20. The resort refillable mugs have a pool scene on them with Mickey and friends. Some have blue lids and some pink lids.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #2858
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

DVC news posted a few pictures of the interior of the new villas: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compone...el-room-photos
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #2859
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

I have a question....
I booked a room in the main building for August 2014. The price per night is crazy (which I expected) but what I'd like to know is IF AP or general public codes/rates are released, are they applicable to the main building rooms?

THANK YOU!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #2860
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
DVC news posted a few pictures of the interior of the new villas: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compone...el-room-photos
Oh my goodness.

º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #2861
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
Thanks. There should be a Guest Services at AK, right? I don't want to make a special trip to MK if I don't have to. But wish I could get them at the GF since we are trying to make RD at AK on our first morning!
Yes, they definitely have guest services at AK (and all the parks). Unfortunately, things like that (or getting annual passes for instance) can only be done at guest services and not through any of the resorts staff.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #2862
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
All parks have guest services. I'd just plan on getting to AK earlier to get your APs, guest services are on the left side. Or if your getting in the evening before, and MK is still open, maybe you could do it then? Don't forget to bring photo ID. You need to show it to get APs.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #2863
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Thanks for checking on the mugs. I was hoping for something new this year!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #2864
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
All parks have guest services. I'd just plan on getting to AK earlier to get your APs, guest services are on the left side. Or if your getting in the evening before, and MK is still open, maybe you could do it then? Don't forget to bring photo ID. You need to show it to get APs.
Thanks.
We'll be doing EMH at AK the first morning, and given that we're coming from the west coast I think it will be hard enough to make it there that early.
I like the idea of a quick Monorail trip on Sunday night when we arrive to visit the MK gates and pick up our tickets. (They aren't AP's, just 6 day PH's.) My DS will be so excited to ride the monorail I'm sure he'll want to go along. We may be the only family who wants a room in the back of Sago with a monorail view.
Its just kind of surprising to me that the conference tickets can't be picked up at the conference site. You'd think Disney would make that easy for attendees. I would have just paid the $5 to have them shipped I think had I known.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2865
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

There's been a lot of talk on this thread about the noise from the new VGF. We've been here three days and haven't heard any noise in our room from VGF.

We're staying at Sugarloaf (CL) facing the new VGF but we're pretty far from VGF. We did hear a lot of noise in our room from the pool area when they were showing an outdoor movie.

I did once hear a saw running at VGF while I was walking near the pool. But, the pool noise was MUCH louder than the saw.

The outer walls and the roof of VGF are on. So, most of the noise at VGF will be indoors hence not as loud outdoors. I think!

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: