Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #1156
MEK
DIS Veteran

That aqua duck looks so cool at night. Great night shots.

I also love the group shots. Such cute costumes and they are go together so well.

Too weird about the family who let their kids take the carved melons off the buffet. What were they thinking???

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #1157
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, Claire looks so pretty in the pictures! Of course, she and daddy want to have the party at your house. They ain't gotta do no cleaning or prepping.

On a total different subject, do you happen to have the link(s) to your tour of the tequila factory?
Thanks, And Skip keeps talking about how he is getting all the food and it's so hard. LOL Yeah ordering is such a chore.

I think I found them.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=799

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=810

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love Claire's communion pics. She looks like a proper little princess. My dn is making his communion in May as well.
Thanks. It's been a lot of work getting the place cleaned up and presentable. Actually the house isn't bad, but I have been tackling the garage. Which was a mess from the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Look forward to hearing about the cruise.
I hate Photobucker. I sent them a nasty email and then canceled my account.
LOL. That is great he got dressed up and surprised everyone.
Looked like a fun night except for the tall guy. I would have said ďmoveĒ. LOL
Thank you for saying what musk melons are. I had no clue.
Rude kids and even ruder parents for not saying anything.
All caught up.
I really hate phototbucket and they are not handling things well at all. They seem to not realize what they did and how bad it is. I renewed just to keep the pictures posted that I have on their site, but nothing new is going there. I did the cheapest one, because I could care less about storage, I just need the bandwidth and since I post on several boards and blog, it really sucks to be tied to them now or lose my stuff.

I grew up on a muskmelon farm. Never called it anything but that. (Worked my rear off too as a kid). One time I went to deliver with my dad to some stores and I was probably 10-12 and I sat in the truck while he ran in the store to let them know we were there and a car drove up along and asked if we were selling the cantelopes. I was scared for one, because we were in the city and strangers approached me, but I had no clue what they were talking about. I gave them a quick no. I later asked my dad and he was the one that told me thats what city folks call them, but in reality all melons are cantelope and there are different varieties ...like honeydew.
There now you have some of my life history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That aqua duck looks so cool at night. Great night shots.

I also love the group shots. Such cute costumes and they are go together so well.

Too weird about the family who let their kids take the carved melons off the buffet. What were they thinking???
I have yet to ride it at night, but I think it would be so fun doing it in the dark with the lights.

We had a fun time with our costumes and I am glad a lot of us did it and I am glad we got a few group pictures ...and that Gail bought the CD.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1158
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the links Jen. There's a plant that's growing here in town and it looks just like the plants that were on your tequila factory tour. I wanted to show your pictures to Mama so we can compare them.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #1159
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Thanks for the links Jen. There's a plant that's growing here in town and it looks just like the plants that were on your tequila factory tour. I wanted to show your pictures to Mama so we can compare them.
Thats funny. I can see you and momma sneaking off to go get some and make tequila!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #1160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 7, 2012, Wednesday, Day 7

Today was our day at sea. So of course you sleep in right? NOT me! I think I was up before 6. I just have too much to do to worry about sleep.
I got dressed in my lounging around shorts and tee and went for a walk.

This was a good time to get some shots of Cabanas fairly empty.

The time at the different Disney parks throughout the world.

Heading out of Cabanas to the pool deck and drink station area.

It would be sacrilegious to pass by the sign and not take a picture.

Signs of life out at sea. I believe it was a Carnival ship.

I was making my way towards the adult area.

I actually sat up there for a while. There is a lady I had met on the ship in this area before and she was there again, so we chatted a bit. She was from Jersey and this was Jersey week, but because of the hurricane, many people from Jersey either postponed their cruises, or extended them. She came with her 2 kids, but her husband stayed home. He is an insurance agent, so he was very busy. On top of that, their business was pretty much destroyed.
Now, on top of all that, Jersey was going to get some other storm in the next day. Luckily she wasnít heading straight back, but many people on this cruise were from Jersey and I heard many worried about things at home.
So we chatted a bit and it was nice to make a new friend and talk a bit about different things.

After a bit, we both left and I could see a tad bit of an island off in the distance.

I had a mission. Vicki had asked me the other day if I had ever been to deck 14. No I have not. Well she has. She asked a CM where it was and he took her for a tour. Now I cannot be outdone by a first timer, right?
So I went in search of it. I knew it was very small and in a funnel, but it actually took me a few tries to get the right elevator to go up to 14.

I took this while looking.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #1161
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Finally I found the elevator and went up to deck 14.

Now what is on 14 you may ask? Not much. The broadcast center is up there and the Outlook Lounge. I have heard of the Outlook, but basically very limited info. I am not sure if/when it is open, but it sounds like not often, and not many people even know to go there. I have heard some people like it because it is like their own personal bar/lounge to hang out in. I have also heard sometimes things like parties and receptions are held here.

I was now getting my first look of it.

And this would be why it is called Outlook.

This was a nice little area and I can see how some people would like coming here. Maybe in the future I’ll need to see if I can find it open.

I headed out then and across the hall is the Radio Studio.

And I found the bathrooms and made a quick stop there.

This HUGE picture was hanging in the stairway.

And I believe I took the stairs down and found the Edge.

This picture is in the elevator shaft.

This is the little shop called Whozits and Whatzits. Up to this point I have never seen it open. I really wondered what its purpose was. It was on the pool deck, and sold a lot of pool type things, but honestly, on the Dream, you are in port a lot, which means you can’t have this open till out at sea and the evenings are not the best time to sell pool type items. I will let you in on a secret, it was open later this day…the sea day!

I then headed across deck past the arcade.

And I got myself a little bit of breakfast.

I returned to the room to get ready for my brunch today with my parents. Claire was still snoozing, so I set off to deliver the rest of our Fish Extender gifts. Claire, Alexis, and I had done some earlier in the cruise and I needed to get the rest out. I must say getting them is fun, delivering, not so much. I was all over the ship.
At one point I walked past a CM and he said Hi Jennifer and I said hi back and then turned around. How did he know my name? I asked him and he said yes he knew it but didn’t know why he did. And then he complemented me on my hair. Now cast members had been complementing me on my hair the whole cruise. I know it’s not really normal, and my mother hates it, but I like it and that’s all that counts. But it was funny at how many people stopped to talk to me and tell me how much they liked it. I then wondered if my name got spread around that way? LOL

In the meantime, other family members were waking up too. This is what Geoff saw out his room.

They all headed up for breakfast.

A Carnival ship nearby.

Don’t jump Jude!!!!

Somewhere along the line, I met up with Gail. She told me then that the Whozit and Whatzit store was actually open and they had swimwear clearancing out, but limited sizes. She thought they had Claire’s size. Well we HAVE to check that out.

We did find some great deals. We got her a princess tankini top, bottom and swim shorts for like $15 total. That’s cheap in Disney pricing!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #1162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thats funny. I can see you and momma sneaking off to go get some and make tequila!
Don't put it past us to try. The plant that is growing here has this really really tall (I'm talking at least three people high) stalk thing in the middle of it and it has some little sticky out things that may be itty bitty flowers on the top. Wow! What wonderful horticulture references I use.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #1163
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed yet another of your early morning strolls around the ship. How neat that you found the "hidden" area on Deck 14.

I wondered if Whozits and Whatzits was ever open. It never was when we were on the ship. I'd pass by and wish it were so that I could take a gander at the items they sold.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #1164
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I have to say I really like the look of Cabanas. I think this is the only one of the changes that they will make to the Magic that I think is actually for the better. The Outlook Lounge looks great. What a shame that it is not used on a regular basis. The Outlook Cafe on the Wonder is my favourite hang out, but it is nowhere as nice as this.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #1165
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Love the update
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #1166
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Don't put it past us to try. The plant that is growing here has this really really tall (I'm talking at least three people high) stalk thing in the middle of it and it has some little sticky out things that may be itty bitty flowers on the top. Wow! What wonderful horticulture references I use.
Well if you saw my facebook comment, I have now decided to go to the 24 hour party on the spur of the moment and just bunk with momma if i need a nap, so we can sip on some of that homemade brew!

Quote:
I enjoyed yet another of your early morning strolls around the ship. How neat that you found the "hidden" area on Deck 14.

I wondered if Whozits and Whatzits was ever open. It never was when we were on the ship. I'd pass by and wish it were so that I could take a gander at the items they sold.
I still think there are areas I haven't seen, well I know I haven't been insidethe Edge yet, but I am sure there are others. It's just so darn big.
I am guessing it's only open on the sea days for the 4 nights or more cruises. Eventually we'll probably see the Dream do longer cruises, so I guess they were thinking ahead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have to say I really like the look of Cabanas. I think this is the only one of the changes that they will make to the Magic that I think is actually for the better. The Outlook Lounge looks great. What a shame that it is not used on a regular basis. The Outlook Cafe on the Wonder is my favourite hang out, but it is nowhere as nice as this.

Corinna
It is pretty. Does the Magic have one too?
I need to go look at my ship map, but I need a magnifying glass to read it. LOL

I like Cabanas too. The bad thing is that I heard they will take away some if not all that back open deck eating space and I really like it out there. Now I need to find a good rate on the Magic again and sail her after the refurb. I really need to win the lottery and then I won't have any problems sailing them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Love the update
Thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #1167
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to say those were some great pictures of Claire for her 1st communion. I agree with the others she looks so grown up. Early Congratulations to her in case I don't get back on here on Sunday...

As for the cruise it was nice to see you were able to get the shot of the cabanna's wall without any photobombers... I had to wait awhile to get that shot as well.
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1168
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to say those were some great pictures of Claire for her 1st communion. I agree with the others she looks so grown up. Early Congratulations to her in case I don't get back on here on Sunday...

As for the cruise it was nice to see you were able to get the shot of the cabanna's wall without any photobombers... I had to wait awhile to get that shot as well.
Thanks. It's fast approaching, which means I need to get in high gear and get things done.

I know I ma slacking off here, but hopefully next week will be a better one.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #1169
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

No, the Magic does not have an Outlook Cafe and I missed it like mad in November.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #1170
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a fun and informative morning stroll you have provided us yet again. And so glad you found Deck 14.

Funny that that store was hardly ever open. But you got a great deal on items for Claire.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: