Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #136
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
411 - I was not aware of the new policy started last fall.

Am I understanding it correctly?

...if you modify an existing reservation in any way - your reservation would be automatically subject to all room/ticket rate increases?
I have gone back through all my notes from last fall and I can say for certain that when I called in to add the free dining promo to my existingNovember/December package, I had to pay the TICKET price difference. I was not too happy and asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to Winston, a Reservations supervisor, and he told me it was a new policy. It was just the ticket price/increase for each person in my party. The package price still seemed to be locked in for room and dining, but I definitely had to pay the ticket price difference.

Some people are reporting that you will have to pay the package price increase also, if there is one, but I haven't heard anything confirmed on that.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #137
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Guys it's that time for me. What an interesting day this has been. I hope everyone has a good night and we will do this again tomorrow!!!

Cheers!!!
I'm beat, been tied to the computer and phone for days, finally finished some projects I've been working on. Am going to try to "unplug" a bit for a few days, but definitely anxiously awaiting FD release day - its always crazy, but fun to watch! Lol :-)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #138
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I have gone back through all my notes from last fall and I can say for certain that when I called in to add the free dining promo to my existingNovember/December package, I had to pay the TICKET price difference. I was not too happy and asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to Winston, a Reservations supervisor, and he told me it was a new policy. It was just the ticket price/increase for each person in my party. The package price still seemed to be locked in for room and dining, but I definitely had to pay the ticket price difference.

Some people are reporting that you will have to pay the package price increase also, if there is one, but I haven't heard anything confirmed on that.
Well, that's just crazy since your tickets weren't being modified. I wouldn't have been happy either.

Seems like they would honor the original rate and not penalize for adding a discount. Unless they got tired of people booking packages 1) in hope of FD 2) before ticket prices increased. Who knows.

I was able to add FD last July to an existing reservation (which had a prior pin applied) and they didn't upcharge me. I even bridged the tickets in Oct.

Oh well, thanks for the info...now I know. : /
Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #139
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411

The value resorts get the quick service dining, so if you want the regular dining plan, you will have to pay the difference to upgrade. Other than that you should not be charged anything more and they will simply credit you the difference to your total.

Not that it will happen the first day, but in the past, the Port Orleans 5 person rooms usually sell out first, followed by preferred rooms at Pop, then preferred rooms at All-Star Movies, then standard rooms at Pop and standard rooms at Movies. But it can vary some from year to year, some resorts will have availability the entire time the offer is open for booking.
Anyone know what the usual number of rooms POFQ allows for FD before they sell out? Sept. 10th-21st King room. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #140
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

Quote:
As long as you are happy to go either way, that's fine. Please PLEASE don't make any permanent changes until after the official announcement. Regardless of what may be said, anything and everything can change. I'm not sure how some would feel come May 9 if something were different, but I think it would probably be a bad day. I've always said to make plans, but never do things like flight changes based solely on this sort of information. We can be 99.9%, but that 0.1% can sometimes come back to bite.
dont worry Im good with my changes and I know nothing is set in stone until disney releases their offers, we arrive around 545 pm so we kinda lose the day arriving so late,by the time we actually get checked into our resort I figure it could be around730 and we have 2 little ones travelling in our group and they are only 1 and 2 years old so looks like they will be heading for beddy by time by then. This is a first time visit for some of my group, so the extra day I have now booked just gives us all the more time to relax and with 2 babies that is gonna be a good thing! thanks for all your info you have put out there just the same! you guys are awesome helping out everyone!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #141
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Good morning everybody!!!!! Does anybody remember for how long we can hold a room without money down?. I remember doing it before when my plans where no sure ... husband is part of a proyect and September looks complicated now. But I dont want to give up in our plans, I really want to celebrate our 10 wedding anniversary in Disney.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #142
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Good morning everybody!!!!! Does anybody remember for how long we can hold a room without money down?. I remember doing it before when my plans where no sure ... husband is part of a proyect and September looks complicated now. But I dont want to give up in our plans, I really want to celebrate our 10 wedding anniversary in Disney.
You're talking about a courtesy hold. At this point out, it would be seven days.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #143
Princess Starr
Earning My Ears

Black,

I am really stressing about my trip. I already have booked for Sept. 28-Oct 5. I am only going to get to go if we get free dining. I am flexible and can go earlier, I just hate to mess my dining plans up, but if I have to I have too. What do you suggest? I'm afraid if I don't go ahead and change it now all my restaurant times will be taken. I'm going crazy!!

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #144
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Starr View Post
Black,

I am really stressing about my trip. I already have booked for Sept. 28-Oct 5. I am only going to get to go if we get free dining. I am flexible and can go earlier, I just hate to mess my dining plans up, but if I have to I have too. What do you suggest? I'm afraid if I don't go ahead and change it now all my restaurant times will be taken. I'm going crazy!!

Thanks!
You're well inside the 180 day window. Call and book some dining reservations for any dates you may want to go. You can always cancel the ones you won't use right after you book your package, and it costs nothing to book them.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #145
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

I am hoping they will include the last two weeks in August, but it doesnt look like it. I am booked at LM from 8/25-30, but might make it shorter depending on the discount. I loved the FD last sept when I went I was hoping to get it again..We will see
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #146
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
I am hoping they will include the last two weeks in August, but it doesnt look like it. I am booked at LM from 8/25-30, but might make it shorter depending on the discount. I loved the FD last sept when I went I was hoping to get it again..We will see
Sad to say it doesn't look good. There are two big conventions at that time tying up a lot of rooms. They likely didn't want to give free dining to a bunch of conference attendees.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #147
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So when's everyone planning to go? I'm planning on September 6-14 and my dining reservations have already been made.
We are booked and dining made for 9/21-10/1. We are paying for dining regardless but have not paid the last $1500 hoping for some kind of discount before then!

Thank you for making this thread and cheers to drama free!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #148
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post

Anyone know what the usual number of rooms POFQ allows for FD before they sell out? Sept. 10th-21st King room. Thanks.
Disney would never release those numbers, but really it would not be a set amount of rooms aside each year for FD. They are going to look at their occupancy rates each time and see what percentage of rooms they feel like they need to fill.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #149
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Wow! I have learned more in a few hours on this thread, than a week or more on others. Now, with the possibility of new promo release date getting closer and closer, I am getting more anxious. With the AoA being thrown into the mix of resorts, do you think it is more likely to fill up first? And, do you think I will at least get my second choice, family suite at AS Music, if I am Disney Visa holder?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #150
plove53
Mouseketeer

My plans were for the last few weeks in August (only time I can go)… NOT sure now… the FD is a big part of my decision.

Aug 2010 - Third Trip for me Coronado Springs
Aug 2013 - Fourth Trip - Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug 2014 - POP POP going back to POP

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: