Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #796
nicis
Cdn Disney Traveller

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT - Disney Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B 2106
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy enough, will try for a port upgrade to get a higher deck for the Panama Canal it is preferrable - but not unhappy in the slightest!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? >100 days
nicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #797
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Wonder 5-20-13 sailing. Pacific repositioning cruise.

VGT #6556
5B
We are very happy, we usually book 5B so its a savings of over 30%
We booked 60 days before
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #798
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Disney Wonder Repo Cruise
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? The only thing that would have made me happier was a 4A or Walt's Suite Yes I am very happy! Midship, great location. Thank you cabin assigners.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? ~34 days or so
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #799
ndabunka
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Dream's June 13th, 2013 sailing
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pleased with the results of getting the larger, family sized room. Saved us around $1,000
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 17 days
Disney Magic - July '01 (Bahamas)
Disney Wonder - May '00 (Bahamas)
RCL Monarch of the Seas - '93 (Eastern Caribbean)
NCL Sunward II - '91 (Bahamas)

Last edited by ndabunka; 06-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #800
valbob89
DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on Wonder July 8, Alaska sailing
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? VGT, Verandah stateroom with restrictions and got a 5B room #6598
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pleased with results. We paid $2807 and today a cheaper category, 6A would cost us $5689
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 23 days

I would if how many people are in the room has any input? I know of 2 adults who were GTY an 11A and were assigned a 4A.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #801
nfrank
Mouseketeer

Dream 7/25/13

Anyone on the Dream on 7/25 with a VGT rate gotten your stateroom assignment yet? It's 11 days out and still haven't seen a room assignment yet.... I'm getting anxious/nervous!
nfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #802
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Seems like they assign a lot of *gt rooms about 12 days out so hopefully you will get it tomorrow or Tuesday!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #803
nfrank
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Disney Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C, Deck 7
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Honestly, I would have been happy with whatever I got..... This is our first Disney cruise! I will say though, I wonder if we got what we got based on our party size (2)?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 64 (literally the day the VGT rates came out.... I had been stalking for them like a hawk). LOL!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #804
nfrank
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
Seems like they assign a lot of *gt rooms about 12 days out so hopefully you will get it tomorrow or Tuesday!
As you can see (from above), I got it today! Yay! Can't wait!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #805
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Yay for you! Unfortunately I'm 39 days out so I still have a lot of waiting to do.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #806
redmomof4
I love TIM without a hat!

I don't know how I'll be able to wait...

I'm 24 days out... its a surprise trip for my husband and I still haven't told him. Its killing me!! I'd like to not tell him until the morning we are supposed to leave (I'm sneaky enough to be able to pack for him!) But, having a room assignment to think about may make it easier, Im about to burst waiting!!

btw... although I specifically asked DU to have DCL send my cruise docs to my work address, they came to my home mail box today. Dh was home but didn't get the mail, thank goodness since it says..."Cruise documents" right on the front! Whew!
'85 offsite; '99 4n Wonder + 3n offsite; '05 3n Wonder + 5n POP; '07 6n POP + 4n Wonder; '09 Magic 7n Eastern; '11 6n Caribe Royale Villas;
6/13 WDW with 15 family members 8/13 3n Dream just me and Hubby 11/13 5n Western out of Miami on the Magic! (Did I REALLY go 3 times last year!!)

7/14 2n Daytona Beach , 3n Portofino Bay, 4n Yacht Club, I'm looking forward to the new experiences!
redmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #807
PlutoAddict517
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
5A 10562
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got
a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Happy, I orig. tried to book an 11c, took the VGT at same price.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
1 room only
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
June 27th
PlutoAddict517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #808
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4
I'm 24 days out... its a surprise trip for my husband and I still haven't told him. Its killing me!! I'd like to not tell him until the morning we are supposed to leave (I'm sneaky enough to be able to pack for him!) But, having a room assignment to think about may make it easier, Im about to burst waiting!!

btw... although I specifically asked DU to have DCL send my cruise docs to my work address, they came to my home mail box today. Dh was home but didn't get the mail, thank goodness since it says..."Cruise documents" right on the front! Whew!
Yeah they need to figure something out. Don't think its DU, I think its DC. We had a similar situation this spring. Dad booked it for mom as a surprise and invited us kids on it, but we had just gotten back from a 7day carnival with 3 days at Disney and we didn't see how we could take any more time off or how it would be feasible financially back to back either. Then I thought we just couldnt not go on our family's first Disney Cruise for their 45th so we kids all planned to join them but were going to surprise both of them, so dad knew about the cruise but not that we all were going with him.

A week after we book (with two weeks to go) mom calls me and asks if I know anything about a cruise... She has found the mail. (Since I'm the family Disney geek, she automatically calls me.) She excitedly asks if anyone else is going, totally putting me on the spot! I have to tell her how bad I feel because we just took a long trip with our friends, we didn't know he was planning, yadda ayda. So she doesn't want to ruin Dads surprise, so she seals it back up and puts the entire packet of mail back in the box for dad to get when he got home.

All this while, he is texting me every day "I almost let the surprise slip!" And she is calling me like three times a week and I have to be so careful not to say anything to either because he doesn't know she knows, etc. It was torture! We finally got thru two weeks and "surprised" them, thank goodness, but who knows! At the rate they are being sneaky, they might have known anyway and we shall never know!

Those dern cruise docs need to be better about being sent to an alternative address. Anyway I think mom was glad to know she was going so she could pack her outfits etc that she wanted. She knew she was going on a FL trip to visit friends but supposedly didn't know about the cruise, but then silly dad would say "yep she's all packed up!" Riiight... She's packed for 7 days even tho she knows she's going for 3 days to visit friends huh... He is so funny!

Our story about springing the surprise on them at dinner at the contemporary is funny too. Surprises are hard!!!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #809
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

I'm so glad I found this thread!! Just booked my first VGT yesterday about 45 days out so it looks like I'll have to wait awhile to hear some news!! It's very encouraging that mostly everyone seems to be happy with their room assignments and those of you who booked more than one room are close together. We have linked reservations with my parents so a connecting room would be so incredibly awesome! I know it's a long shot so even if we're on the same floor ill be super happy!! Will update here as soon as I find out our info! Happy cruising all!

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #810
gwpd
Earning My Ears

Has anyone got their cabin assignment for the Aug. 1 sailing of the Dream?
Thought it might be today, but nothing yet.
gwpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: