Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #91
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I was just checking another thread where someone else WAS pulling her hair up. She stayed up.
I know. I'm following that thread (as well as trying to get work done at work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #92
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Post 1,000 on the DIS Boards!!!

A good news, bad news post.

First, for the good news.

I guess y'all know that MNSSHP dates and prices are out. Emailed them to youngest DD. She and DGD are probably going on the 29th. A little bit of mother/daughter time by themselves.

Hope it won't be too much for DGD. Going to make breakfast ADRs at Tusker House for that day. I think I'll just settle for as late as possible, and don't even try for anything before rope drop. Either ride the safari first thing, or try to get noontime fastpasses.

Now for the bad news.

My mother-of-the-bride dress still isn't in yet.

When i called last week, they said it would be in no later than Monday, and i made my fitting appointment for today. When I got there, my dress wasn't in. The receptionist called the manufacturer, and they said it would be here this coming Monday.

Six days before the wedding.

I demanded to see the manager immediately, and of course the manager took today off. No one could do anything. I was literally in tears. That means, having the dress fitted and altered in four days. Four (bleepin') days. And I'm Pooh-sized, so I can't get anything off the rack that would look nice...at least nice enough for the wedding.

The receptionist assured me that they would do everything they could do to fit me in my dress properly. But I just feel like I was lied to. The manager is calling tomorrow morning. I'll give her until noon, then I'm calling her.

Can you see I'm a little perturbed. No, a lot perturbed.

Quote:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #93
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Congrats on 1000 posts!
Awesome news about MNSHHP.

Not so awesome news about your dress. I hope you have better news to report soon. Keep us updated.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #94
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Got my first ADR. Tusker House at 8:15 AM on October 29.

Quote:
Good luck for the wedding! Hope you'll post a picture of yourself in your dress.
If I ever get it. Right now, I'm thinking about wearing shorts and a T-shirt that says: "All I Got for Mother's Day is this Son-In-Law."

Quote:
I like Tusker House for breakfast and have had an early breakfast there, before the park opens. Yes, the parking lot will be opened and you'll be able to park right up near the entry, depending on how early you get an ADR.

We had a 7.40 am ADR and were done by 9 am.

So the parking lot was open by 7. Was it a morning EHM day?

I'm just worried that the parking lot won't be open. They're suggesting over at the Transportation Board that we valet park over at the AK lodge and take the bus over. Don't really want to do that.

Quote:
I ran to go get EE fast passes and then we wandered up to the safari. Standby line was 20 minutes.
On reflection, it may have been better to get a fastpass for the safari and then go hit EE. Either way, its a bit of walking. Hmm....maybe that isn't the best strategy.
Only person interested in EE might be DD24. We'll probably do standby at the safari after breakfast. I wouldn't mind getting Fastpasses though and let DD ride single rider on EE.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #95
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I ever get it. Right now, I'm thinking about wearing shorts and a T-shirt that says: "All I Got for Mother's Day is this Son-In-Law."
Love this! You have a great attitude! Any news on the dress? You'll look beautiful no matter what but I'm sorry to hear about your stress. You don't need that.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #96
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Love this! You have a great attitude! Any news on the dress? You'll look beautiful no matter what but I'm sorry to hear about your stress. You don't need that.
I know. But one of my creeds is: Something is wrong if there's not at last one major crisis going on.

Couple things:

1) With my first ADR comes my first ADR change. We're eating breakfast at 10:45 at TH. That way, I don't have to stress about the parking lot being open. And DD24 and DGD will probably go to MNSSHP that night. We'll make rope drop at AK, but that means probably getting up about 7:30 that morning instead of having to be somewhere at 7:30.

2) The dress...well it's being overnighted to the bridal salon. I have a fitting this Saturday at the salon. Hoping it's nothing but minor alterations which will take a few days.

We'll see.

Quote:

Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #97
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
I know. But one of my creeds is: Something is wrong if there's not at last one major crisis going on.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #98
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:

Couple things:

1) With my first ADR comes my first ADR change. We're eating breakfast at 10:45 at TH. That way, I don't have to stress about the parking lot being open. And DD24 and DGD will probably go to MNSSHP that night. We'll make rope drop at AK, but that means probably getting up about 7:30 that morning instead of having to be somewhere at 7:30.

2) The dress...well it's being overnighted to the bridal salon. I have a fitting this Saturday at the salon. Hoping it's nothing but minor alterations which will take a few days.

We'll see.
Hope you've had success with the dress!

And that sounds like you've gotten your TH ADR sorted out. Timing looks great.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #99
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

May the Fourth Be With You!!!

I love Star Wars.

Anyway, so far, so good. Success in making the Akershus ADR and the BBB reservations for DGD's Birthday.

BBB at DTD...Thursday Oct. 31 at 9:05 AM
Akershus....Same day at 2:45 PM (wanted late lunch)

Had to make the BBB reservations in the hospital.

No, nothing wrong. DH needed blood work done for a routine check-up. He wanted to get it over with first thing in the morning, and the hospital lab opened at 7 AM. So while the lab technician was drawing his blood, I was confirming the BBB appointment. Afterwards, we went to First Watch for breakfast. He was hungry since he needed to fast for 12 hours before the blood work.

In other news....

Remember, I told you we were going to the Wisconsin Dells later this month? We decided to extend the vacation an extra day, and hit up Chicago. We're staying at the Hilton at the airport on the 25th. That way, we can take the train into downtown Chicago and back to the hotel. The train runs 24/7. So we can stay and drink until the wee hours of Sunday morning and not have to worry about driving, or the trains not running.

Later today...the dress fitting. I'll let y'all know what happens. Wish me luck.

Quote:

Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #100
PrincessInOz
in

Glad that you were just having a standard check up for DH.

Congrats on scoring the ADRs and the extra day in the Windy City. Hope you had as much success with the dress fitting.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #101
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you had as much success with the dress fitting.
Oh yes, the dress. Right now, let's just say I semi-wish I didn't lose those 20 pounds.

I lost at least one dress size, and maybe two. I don't have to get anything taken in at the waist. But I have to have some taken in at the breast. Plus, I have to have it hemmed up several inches.

The alterations alone are over $100. However, they assured me the alterations will be done by Tuesday. I'll pick up the dress then.

Quote:

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #102
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Oh yes, the dress. Right now, let's just say I semi-wish I didn't lose those 20 pounds.

I lost at least one dress size, and maybe two. I don't have to get anything taken in at the waist. But I have to have some taken in at the breast. Plus, I have to have it hemmed up several inches.

The alterations alone are over $100. However, they assured me the alterations will be done by Tuesday. I'll pick up the dress then.
Congrats on the weight loss! Pity about the cost of the alterations....but you have a dress for the wedding.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #103
c4alymom
Mouseketeer

Finally hopped over from the FB group! So nice to get to know you and your family more! Wow, you are a BUSY woman!!! That is some kind of stress over this dress. With the craziness, I would have requested a discount on the alterations (congrats on the weightloss, though!).

I am enjoying reading along. Loved seeing the pics of your DD24's wedding and looking forward to your DD25's as well!

I am also staying at WBC (for the first few days of our trip) and cannot wait to see it!
Sept 99- Disneymoon Carribean Beach Resort

ME DH DS(12) DD(11)
c4alymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #104
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #105
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Yea!!! New readers. Thanks for dropping in.

Really, I'm under no more stress than usual. Although I am looking forward to this time next week.

Did have a Disney oops moment over the weekend.

Last October, I bought "Cinderella" for DGD's birthday. I know she opened it, but she left it here. I've been meaning to give it back to her.

Saturday, DD24 (AKA DGD's Mom) came over with a bunch of DVDs she bought at a bargain. Including "Cinderella."

Oh well...one more Disney video for us.

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: