DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
jaimelynn476
Earning My Ears

Reservation in Oct/Nov...Just purchased Resale

We are in the process of purchasing a resale DVC with OKW as our home base. We were told it will take 45-60 days to close. It has been about 10 days. We were planning on going to Disney World at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. We have 8 people, so we need a 2 br villa. We did not realize that we would not be able to request a reservation until this closed (in 2 months). I am finding out now how difficult it may be to get a 2 bedroom villa. If we are able to reserve in June, is there any chance that we will be able to get one?
jaimelynn476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Lindabobinda
Earning My Ears

Dvc

I am certainly no expert, but we had a similar situation when we purchased our DVC in the secondary market over a year ago. We wanted to travel in October, but were well within the 7 month booking period by the time all of the closing and paperwork was completed. We were not able to get our home resort. Saratoga Springs was the only resort available. We decided to delay our trip as we REALLY wanted to stay in our home resort on the first trip. We ended up traveling in January.

Good luck. I hope that you find reservations that make you happy.
Lindabobinda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimelynn476 View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a resale DVC with OKW as our home base. We were told it will take 45-60 days to close. It has been about 10 days. We were planning on going to Disney World at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. We have 8 people, so we need a 2 br villa. We did not realize that we would not be able to request a reservation until this closed (in 2 months). I am finding out now how difficult it may be to get a 2 bedroom villa. If we are able to reserve in June, is there any chance that we will be able to get one?
You can rent points to make your reservation now and when you close on your contact you can rent out your points for the same amount so it will be a wash.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

It is likely that only thing that will be available is SSR if anything is. Besides that you will be well beyond the 7 month window, you will also be seeking a reservation during a time of year that is a high DVC demand time.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I think you may be able to get SSR and you can wait list 2 places. SSR, AKV and OKW are the largest resorts and will give you the best chances. And it's about 2 months from the time you make your offer until you can use your points to book...if you are using one of the quick brokers and there are no snafus along the way. Hope it goes extra quick for you!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

We are in a similar situation, though I realized this before we started looking to purchase. We will likely either make a regular cash reservation or delay our trip.

Is it possible to make a cash reservation on another DVC resort when everything except SS on points is "sold out?" Explain how the cash reservation thing works with DVC. I don't quite understand it. Thanks.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
drusba

DIS Veteran

Disney gets inventory to rent for cash by owning a small percentage of the resort and by trade-outs by DVC members. What it holds to rent is not available for use via points. As a result, you can can often find rooms for rent through Disney when nothing is available for points.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Disney gets inventory to rent for cash by owning a small percentage of the resort and by trade-outs by DVC members. What it holds to rent is not available for use via points. As a result, you can can often find rooms for rent through Disney when nothing is available for points.
What is the cash discount rate for DVC members?

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Still very expensive... something close to $1000 per night for 2 bedroom suite. I really don't see DVC cash rate as a discount rate. You might as well rent DVC point or get main resort room with 30% off / free dining plan, depending on the promotion at the time you book.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
drusba

DIS Veteran

The DVC cash discount is 25% off rack rate when a room is available. That availability is kind of its own category because it is often not available even if cash rooms are available through Disney's central reservations office. Also, the discounted DVC rate can sometimes be more than a discounted rate Disney may be giving through CRO.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLCH View Post
We are in a similar situation, though I realized this before we started looking to purchase. We will likely either make a regular cash reservation or delay our trip.

Is it possible to make a cash reservation on another DVC resort when everything except SS on points is "sold out?" Explain how the cash reservation thing works with DVC. I don't quite understand it. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Inventory that is sold for cash includes points members use to trade out of DVC for Disney vacations like the Disney Cruise line, Adventures by Disney, etc. DVC has to pay for those non-DVC trips some way.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
TheDalys
Mouseketeer

Personally, i think if your sale goes smoothly and you have your points by June,,mid June, you will be good at either Old Key West, SSR or Animal Kingdom.

We did a 5 month ok booking for a 2 bdrm at SSR, on our last trip and go it.
TheDalys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: