Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #1036
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Many thanks to Danny as always ...

That is all.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #1037
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Hi I am a newbie to the Disboard...this is our first time staying on property (stayed in DD in 2011) so this is the first time we are eligible for FD. I was just wonering if May 9 the fd was available to the general public? I am a Disney Visa cardmember and was wondering if we would get to book a few days before hand? Thanks for all your help and info!! :-)
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Lazor460 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #1038
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
Hi I am a newbie to the Disboard...this is our first time staying on property (stayed in DD in 2011) so this is the first time we are eligible for FD. I was just wonering if May 9 the fd was available to the general public? I am a Disney Visa cardmember and was wondering if we would get to book a few days before hand? Thanks for all your help and info!! :-)
The anticipated public release date is May 9. It is expected that Visa holders will be able to book as early as the 6th, but it is not confirmed. Good luck!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #1039
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
No, those rooms technically sleep 5, that's why they book up so quickly, because all the families of 5 want them because they are the cheapest way for a family of 5 to stay on site. I would be on the phone first thing because those Alligator Bayou rooms will be some of the first to sell out at POR for FD.
We've already got one booked, so shouldn't we be okay? We were going to go anyway, we just have to change it now to the package deal.

Thanks for the heads up, we will be on the phone that morning.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #1040
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

The anticipated public release date is May 9. It is expected that Visa holders will be able to book as early as the 6th, but it is not confirmed. Good luck!
Ok that is what I was thinking! I sure hope so! Thanks a bunch! :-)
2007 Sarasota, FL
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #1041
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Im sorry one more question...do you know if visa sends an email or do I have to keep checking website? Thanks!
2007 Sarasota, FL
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #1042
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

lol i just thought of another question...we are staying at contemporary are there really limited rooms for fd there? thanks again!
2007 Sarasota, FL
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,

Last edited by Lazor460; 04-29-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #1043
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
Im sorry one more question...do you know if visa sends an email or do I have to keep checking website? Thanks!
You may or may not get an email, and it likely won't show up online until the afternoon. The best thing to do is to check this website around 7am or a few minutes later and you will see confirmation as to whether or not the Visa deal is live. News travels very quickly here.

Eta: Not sure about the Contemporary because we only do values, but I have read lots of posts from people who have gotten FD at that resort. Maybe someone with more experience can give you a better answer.

Last edited by smitch425; 04-29-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #1044
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You may or may not get an email, and it likely won't show up online until the afternoon. The best think to do is to check this website around 7am or a few minutes later and you will see confirmation as to whether or not the Visa deal is live. News travels very quickly here.
Ok sounds good thanks!! lol yes it sure seems to!! :-)
2007 Sarasota, FL
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #1045
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post

We've already got one booked, so shouldn't we be okay? We were going to go anyway, we just have to change it now to the package deal.

Thanks for the heads up, we will be on the phone that morning.
A room only reservation will not hold or guarantee you a certain room category or resort. Each resort is only allotted so many FD rooms/codes per promo. For example, if POR has 100 standard rooms available, and if you are the 101st person to call to book a FD stay or add a FD code to your existing reservation at POR, they would let you know that POR was "sold out" of standard FD rooms. You would then either have the option of looking at another room category at that resort or for availability at another resort. Most of the time if you call on the first day or two of a FD promo you shouldn't have a problem getting your first choice of room category or resort, but most people who follow these types of discounts tend to believe those rooms will be very limited due to their very high demand and occupancy rate. Your second cheapest option would be to get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #1046
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
A room only reservation will not hold or guarantee you a certain room category or resort. Each resort is only allotted so many FD rooms/codes per promo. For example, if POR has 100 standard rooms available, and if you are the 101st person to call to book a FD stay or add a FD code to your existing reservation at POR, they would let you know that POR was "sold out" of standard FD rooms. You would then either have the option of looking at another room category at that resort or for availability at another resort. Most of the time if you call on the first day or two of a FD promo you shouldn't have a problem getting your first choice of room category or resort, but most people who follow these types of discounts tend to believe those rooms will be very limited due to their very high demand and occupancy rate. Your second cheapest option would be to get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort.
Okay, thanks. Bugger, now I'm worried

Thing is, we're not doing a value resort 2 rooms with counter service; for that we can just tent camp at Ft. Wilderness for $56 per night and pay for our own dining. But this trip we really, really reaaaalllllyyyy wanted to try a moderate resort.

We got a FL resident discount on the room already, & can get FL resident discount on park tix, and just bring our snacks/breakfasts and get our own CS. Staying at PORS in a room for 5 is actually more important to us than the FD, I'd give up the FD before I gave up the room. The FD was just a bonus to us (because to get the room/tix package w/FD we have to pay more for the room/tix than we're already paying-- it's like letting it go up a few hundred to get free dining to save a few hundred).

What if we changed to a regular pacakge deal now at PORS?

Could we then clinch our room, and just change the res. to reflect the FD offer when it is announced? Would that clinch our room?

If not, I'm going to be like this until May 9th

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #1047
skellinton
Mouseketeer

I have two questions, if you please.
First, I assume the 7:00 am of which you all speak is 4:00 am for the wet coast contingent?
Second, my TA said that they may not free dining for ADA rooms. Is that true? One member of my party is severely disabled and has to stay in an ADA room, there seriously is no other option. Is it possible we will not get free dining due to that? We do have the room booked already, were just hoping to add the free dining on the 6 th.
Thanks all!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #1048
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Sheesh. It's not a competition, folks.

It seems that the arguing has settled down for the moment. Let's keep it that way. The arguing that's been going on in the last few pages is specifically prohibited in the posting guidelines, and anyone who continues it on this thread will get an infraction for each post that violates the guidelines.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #1049
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
I have two questions, if you please.
First, I assume the 7:00 am of which you all speak is 4:00 am for the wet coast contingent?
Second, my TA said that they may not free dining for ADA rooms. Is that true? One member of my party is severely disabled and has to stay in an ADA room, there seriously is no other option. Is it possible we will not get free dining due to that? We do have the room booked already, were just hoping to add the free dining on the 6 th.
Thanks all!
1) Yes, 7 am eastern 4 am pacific

2) Wow, the info TAs come up with! Yes, you can get a ADA room with FD...we've had one.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x (soon to be 4!) * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #1050
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
What if we changed to a regular pacakge deal now at PORS?

Could we then clinch our room, and just change the res. to reflect the FD offer when it is announced? Would that clinch our room?

If not, I'm going to be like this until May 9th
Sorry, but there's no type of reservation that you can make that would hold a room for you under the FD (or any other) promotion.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: