Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
jenny-pooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
In the past I have gotten WDW tickets with Airmiles and they NEVER had expiry dates.

A few months ago I got DL tickets and they had and expiration date.

Can someone tell me if the WDW tickets now also have expiration dates
The WDW tickets do not have specific expiration dates like Disneyland. They expire 14 days after first use.
2014 POR
jenny-pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

The fastest way to accumulate AM is with one of the credit cards....BMO mastercard or Amex.

Look to see which monthly payments you can make with your CC and charge everything that you can. You may find that you can double dip on AM with your gas and groceries. For example, buying gas at Shell gets you AM but you can double dip paying with an AM Amex or mastercard.

Also, watch the AM website for promos. Last year BMO gave 1500 AM for opening a new savings account. There are lots of promos for online shopping through airmilesshop.ca. They send coupons for bonus AM through various companies like HBC, Shell, Childrens Place. You can get AM for subscribing to text alerts on your phone....I think it's 30.
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

I am also trying to save my Airmiles to get Disney tickets. I almost have enough for one 3day ticket.
Ill probably have enough in 3 months. Do they have the deals very often on the Airmiles website?
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
princessap
DIS Veteran

How are you planning to earn that many miles? I would love to be able to get at least two sets for our next trip but it is taking forever and I don't even have enough for one 3 day pass yet!

I read that the sales go on special in the fall.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
How are you planning to earn that many miles? I would love to be able to get at least two sets for our next trip but it is taking forever and I don't even have enough for one 3 day pass yet!

I get about 70 Airmiles a month. I put as much of my monthly expenses as I can on my Airmiles American Express credit card. I only buy gas at Shell gas which is an Airmiles sponsor. I only get my pet food from Globo Pets which is also an Airmiles sponsor. And when ever I buy anything from the LCBO I look for something that will give me bonus Airmiles as well. It's a slow process but I'm almost there. I also got 500 Airmiles as a bonus just for getting the American Express credit card. I'm sitting at about 2020 Airmiles right now so I'm not too far off
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 04-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Just passing along a link
for educational professionals
5 points for taking a survey

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/CouponsBonusOffers

And just incase BMO or Metro are listening come on guys I need points.
Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

I probably get around 15,000-18,000 Air Miles a year. Mainly from shopping Safeway (spend $100 get 100 offers, etc), prescriptions at Safeway 7x offers, booking with Marlin Travel, using the BMO mastercard and putting EVERYTHING on it including monthly bills. Easily earn 500 Air Miles a month just from BMO.

Check out the Air Miles FB page for offers as well. Also do any online shopping by going through the AM toolbar. Do that and you earn Air Miles on Expedia and other sites. If you don't go through the AM website to these websites like Expedia and Amazon you don't earn the miles. Toys R Us had offers this Christmas for spend $60 in the store earn 50 Air Miles. I did that offer 3 times and earned 150 just on the kids gifts for Christmas.

Shell has bonus offers on right now where you can earn 100 if you use all 6 coupons. The coupons are online at the Air Miles website.
Make sure you are signed up for the Air Miles FB page, twitter, etc to get all the offers.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
sechelt
Mouseketeer

I have four or five extra cards distributed among friends and family. Just a few air miles from each one really adds up. Plus, they help me reach Gold status because they tend to shop at different stores than I do.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
I have four or five extra cards distributed among friends and family. Just a few air miles from each one really adds up. Plus, they help me reach Gold status because they tend to shop at different stores than I do.
I do this too
Old 04-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

For those us you that are not in a province that has Safeway has anyone ever contacted AM to enquire as to why we don't get the same bonuses at Metro?

I'm an avid collector and it really bugs me that we can't earn 100-200 miles weekly with groceries. Where I live Metro is the highest priced store but I would be willing to spend the extra money if I was getting at least 100 miles a week.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #26
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

What does this mean that I have achieved "Gold"? Will I get a new card? Will I get more points? This is the email I got http://i.imgur.com/5uOAt4c.png
Old 04-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
What does this mean that I have achieved "Gold"? Will I get a new card? Will I get more points? This is the email I got http://i.imgur.com/5uOAt4c.png
The AIR MILES GOLD program is a way to thank our best Collectors. It provides Collectors with exclusive benefits, including flight and merchandise discounts, and GOLD-only Sponsor Bonus Offers.
Your exclusive GOLD benefits include:
Travel
• Up to 40% off reward miles required for select flights from our Deals of the Week offers updated every Monday on airmiles.ca
• Exclusive specials on Package Vacations and Cruises - updated on airmiles.ca
Merchandise
• Up to 25% off reward miles required for selected merchandise.

Sponsor Bonus Offers
• Enjoy Exclusive Sponsor Bonus Offers. Check back often as offers are regularly updated.

No they don't give out gold cards anymore.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #28
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post

The AIR MILES GOLD program is a way to thank our best Collectors. It provides Collectors with exclusive benefits, including flight and merchandise discounts, and GOLD-only Sponsor Bonus Offers.
Your exclusive GOLD benefits include:
Travel
• Up to 40% off reward miles required for select flights from our Deals of the Week offers updated every Monday on airmiles.ca
• Exclusive specials on Package Vacations and Cruises - updated on airmiles.ca
Merchandise
• Up to 25% off reward miles required for selected merchandise.
Sponsor Bonus Offers
• Enjoy Exclusive Sponsor Bonus Offers. Check back often as offers are regularly updated.

No they don't give out gold cards anymore.
Dang. I would have felt super important to be walking around with a gold card. Lol. Thanks for the info
Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #29
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

What do you guys think is the best way (savings wise) to spend Airmiles points on a Disney vacation? I will have just under 3000 points before my vacation that i want to book for next July. My fiancée and I want to book a 2 week vacation with a 10 day waterplus hopper at a value resort. We also want to visit universal for 1 or 2 days. We are also thinking we want the dining plan as well. Do you think it's best to spend the points on flights?( out of buffalo) a 7 day Disney park tickets or on Universal tickets? Not sure what to do.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #30
Sprockie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
What do you guys think is the best way (savings wise) to spend Airmiles points on a Disney vacation? I will have just under 3000 points before my vacation that i want to book for next July. My fiancée and I want to book a 2 week vacation with a 10 day waterplus hopper at a value resort. We also want to visit universal for 1 or 2 days. We are also thinking we want the dining plan as well. Do you think it's best to spend the points on flights?( out of buffalo) a 7 day Disney park tickets or on Universal tickets? Not sure what to do.
I never use airmiles for flights or car rentals. You end up having to pay the taxes out of pocket (which is particularly painful flying from Canada), and that just bites. I always use them for park tickets, car rental gift cards or best western gift cards.
Sprockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: