Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom and new Adventureland games

I was just watching a video showing all of the stations for the new Adventureland game. With this as with Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, Disney did an incredible job with theming and props and integrating the game into the park. I have to wonder - what's the payoff? Where is the return on that investment? I realize they sell some card holders and such but that can't be a lot of money. The game is free. We've played it a couple of times and I'm sure we'll play the new game next trip. Does Disney think these games are drawing people into the parks more? Or maybe keeping them there longer and thus having them spend more during their visits? I know Disney wouldn't put all of that effort into it if there was no monetary return.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Last edited by disneysteve; 04-29-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

One pay-off is that it keeps people out of lines and lets Disney disburse the crowds somewhat.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
One pay-off is that it keeps people out of lines and lets Disney disburse the crowds somewhat.
True, although that doesn't exactly have a monetary return. One thing is it does help justify rising ticket prices since there is more to do in the park. I wonder if there are any plans to add similar games to the other 3 parks.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Plus once they bring in they bring in FastPass Plus to everyone they are going to need stuff like this to keep people entertained well they are waiting for their fastpass time, just like how they made the interactive queue for the Hunted Mansion and all of the new fantasyland rides. Rumor is alos Peter Pan will be getting one where the old Fantasyland washrooms were.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I was chatting with a couple of retired locals last week while waiting my turn for a SotMK portal.

They said they love going to the parks more now and usually eat lunch there as well before going back home. They said prior to that game starting, they only were going into the parks maybe twice a month and now they were going once a week because they love the interactive game.

So I think that it is a new way to entertain people and spread people out more in the parks.

I know I thought SotMK was just ok but saw plenty of people really getting into it.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: