Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
siegal
Earning My Ears

Candy apples!

I am always on a "diet" when I go to disney and never get any of the chocolate apples or pretzels (my fav!). (I eat plenty - fish and chips at Epcot were awesome last time but managed to not top it off with a chocolate confection)
This time I'm pregnant and I've decided that I'm eating my darn apple! Which one is the best? Or are they not so awesome and a chocolate pretzel or marshmallow is better?
Thanks!
siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I've never had the candy apples, but you should try the Mickey shaped cake pops. They are amazing!!!
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Go to Goofy's Candy Company and create your own apple, pretzel rods, marshmallows, or cookie: pick your toppings! Whatever you like, you can have it custom made for you.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Omg....the apples in HS are the best!!! They are in what my family calls "The Villian store" or as Disney calls it "Candy Cauldron". Yum!!!! Oh..and Goofys Candy Company in DTD is amazing!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
siegal
Earning My Ears

I think we will go to DTD I have never been and think baby will enjoy the goofy chocolate place you guys mentioned. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Depends on what exactly you are looking for. Are you looking for an acutal "candy" apple or a "caramel" apple? The candy apple is with the hard, crunchy sugar red candy shell that gets stuck in your teeth. The caramel is of course, caramel.

The only place I have seen the candy apples is at Goofys. The caramel apples can be found everywhere. A very good one is at Big Top Treats in the new Fantasyland but I think they are pretty standard across the parks.

Oh, I forgot about Karamel Kruch. That was actually the BEST caramel apple I have ever had anywhere.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Will they slice them for you? Or do you have to eat it off the stick?
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
siegal
Earning My Ears

Caramel ones! I googled them last night! OMG I'm so pregnant as I'm getting obsessed with what chocolate confections I'm gonna eat!

Last edited by siegal; 04-30-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Ginacrella
California Girl

Love those caramel apples. YUM!
Ginacrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Just Do it!

I agree that Hollywood Studios Villian Store (on the road towards Tower of Terror) is the best place for caramel apples.

Be sure not to ask for a candy apple or the Wicked Witch behind the counter will yell at you. I'm not kidding - this is a fair representation of the woman working in the Villian Store when I was there last week...

She was so mean I actually thought she was in character. After yelling at me for saying Candy Apple instead of Caramel Apple, I asked her if it was possible to get the apple sliced. She said "I have would have to do it." I said, "Would you be able to cut the apple." She said, "I would have to do it". I said "Could you cut the apple? Do you have something to cut it with?" She said "I have me. I have to do it." This went back and forth for a while. I didn't understand her remark that she has to do it and then her just standing there, but apparently she was waiting for me to say please instead of just "Would you" and "Could you". But I really didn't see anything behind her counter to cut the apple with and she wasn't moving at all. I didn't know if she had some tool to cut it with or if she was just going to cut it with her evil glare. In the end I said the magic word that broke her evil spell - well sort of - she huffed and scowled as she sawed the apple into four huge quarters with a kitchen knife.

I went for the one covered in chocolate on top of the caramel, with peanuts on the bottom and two marshmallow ears. I recommend it!

The cupcakes at Starring Rolls are good if you like peanut butter in dark chocolate.

jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegal View Post
I think we will go to DTD I have never been and think baby will enjoy the goofy chocolate place you guys mentioned. Thanks!
The Candy Store inside big top in New Fantasyland has many of the same choices.

ABC Commisary (2.5-stars*-food), Akershus (3.0*; 5* princess interaction), Artist Point (3.5*), blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Casey's (4* - Qwik Serve Overstuffed Pulled Pork & Slaw w/ Hot Dog), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (3.0* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flame Tree BBQ (3.0* + .5* for taking TiW), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.0* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4.0*), Jiko (3.5*), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (4* - French pastry), Marrakesh (3* - Best Value 1-Credit/bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4* - View of Animals on Savannah), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Spice Road Table (3.5*), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (2.5*), Yak & Yeti (2*)
-- Items in BOLD are personal favorites.

2015 ADR's: blueZoo, Il Mulino, Brown Derby (Fantasmic), Coral Reef, Be Our Guest (dinner), Sci-Fi Theater (child's first time), Tusker House (family first time), and 1900 Park Fare (family first time). On 'to dine' list: Monsieur Paul, Ohana, Yachtman's Steakhouse.
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: