Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #571
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm excited about the new parade. We're not big day time parade people, but we do enjoy watching them once in a while and having a new one to watch will be interesting.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #572
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I will be back later today to start finishing this TR up! Sorry it has taken so long, but the last 2 months have been crazy. But I really want to finish this so I have some pictures to get in Photobucket then I can finish.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #573
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Wow! I was wondering how you were!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #574
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Wow! I was wondering how you were!
Busy! And a lot of craziness. Since I want to move to Florida I have been working 7 days a week, up to 15 hours a day, to make as much $$ as possible. It will be worth it when I can buy my house this fall, but it doesn't leave much DIS time.

Plus, 3 weeks ago my dog Phoenix went out in my yard fine, came in 20 minutes later with a lump under his right eye. I figured he got stung by a bee so I wasn't too worried since he was still breathing fine and didn't seem to be in pain. Five days later the lump was still the same size, so I got him a vet appointment. She ruled out a sting and thought it was a tooth-root abscess. She put him on antibiotics in case she was wrong, but a week later it was still the same size. She did an aspiration of the site (took a sample of the tissue for testing basically) but it came back inconclusive. This past Wednesday he had to have exploratory surgery. It turned out it was a tooth-root abscess and they had to pull the tooth. He is still recovering now, but doing great and the lump is gone.

I actually just found that I do have the first part of the last full days pictures already uploaded, so I'm going to try to get part up now before I have to work again for a few hours!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #575
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Glad everything turned out ok with Phoenix.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #576
PhoenixStrength

DAY FIVE, MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD, PART ONE

Since I was up late at MVMCP the night before I slept in that morning. I don't think I got up until after 9am-ish. By the time I took my shower and got out of my room it was around 10am. I didn't take a single picture along the way, but I headed to Magic Kingdom! Where else would I want to spend my last full day?! I was there by 10:30am and walked in and toward the Hub.

I was really quite hungry, so I decided to eat somewhere I hadn't eaten in a long time, Casey's. The line was actually pretty long already but after a few minutes I got a plain hot dog and fries.

I walked over toward the entrance to Adventureland and sat on a bench to eat as all of the tables at Casey's were full. A tour group came by while I was eating. I heard the tour guide giving them the line about the distance between trash cans that Walt determined and she even spout off the distances between the 3 trash cans in view from where they were standing.

Once I finished eating (it was just okay to be honest) I headed into Adventureland.

My first stop was the Swiss Family Treehouse. I loved the view from the top at night, but wanted to see it during the daytime too. A few pictures I took on my climb up:

As you can see from some of the pictures that even it was busy. I think with the official New Fantasyland opening being just a few days away at that point there were a lot of people arriving for their trips to coincide with it. It wasn't horribly crowded, just busier than earlier in my trip. When I got to the top I got a few pictures of the view before needing to move on. First is no zoom, the other two are zoomed in.

You can really see the line for Tink from the castle in that last one! Since there were so many people behind me I started heading back down, taking pictures along the way.

I headed over toward Jungle Cruise next and the sign said only 20 minutes for Stand-by, so I got in line.

There was a rude family in front of me who was letting their kids climb all over everything the whole time we were in line. The line was long and there were a ton of people so the kids were bumping into people with their parents not paying attention at all. They were too busy arguing and taking pictures with their iPad to pay attention to the 2 kids. Thankfully, while they were annoying they didn't hurt anyone or themselves.

Since the line moved slowly I was able to take a ton of pictures.

Continued in the next post

Old 06-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #577
PhoenixStrength

More pictures from the line of Jungle Cruise:

Don't think I've ever had to use this section of the line before. I usually do FP for it though!

Even more pictures from the line-waiting.

After about 30 minutes and countless shared eye-rolls with the couple behind me, about the family in front of me, it was finally time to board my boat. The only question is, would I get a good guide or a lame one???

NEXT TIME: Either way, you come out a-head!

Old 06-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #578
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Welcome back! Glad everything turned out ok with Phoenix.
Thanks! I am so behind on your TR!! I am going to head over to it later and get myself caught up.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #579
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm glad your back! Good on you for working so hard towards your goal of moving to Florida.

I'm glad everything is okay now for Phoenix.

Great update, besides the annoying kids.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #580
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Yay for an update!! I love all your pictures, and this will help with the fact the Jungle Cruise is being rehabbed on our next trip.

I am so glad to hear you are doing well on achieving your goal!! Owning your own home in FL will be an awesome pay off Keep us all updated on your progress!!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #581
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yay! I'm glad your back! Good on you for working so hard towards your goal of moving to Florida.

I'm glad everything is okay now for Phoenix.

Great update, besides the annoying kids.
Thanks. I'm often tired but getting a house in FL will be worth it for sure!

I'm so glad too. I was extremely worried about him for a few days but he is back to normal already, just 4 days post-op.

Another update is coming, and thankfully that family wound up on a different boat than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Yay for an update!! I love all your pictures, and this will help with the fact the Jungle Cruise is being rehabbed on our next trip.

I am so glad to hear you are doing well on achieving your goal!! Owning your own home in FL will be an awesome pay off Keep us all updated on your progress!!
Well darn that JC will be rehabbing while you are there. There is always something I really like being rehabbed when I'm there too.

Will do! I'm excited knowing by the end of the year I should be a home owner.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #582
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yay for MK on the last day. I think in the future I'm going to try to make it my first and last park. I didn't start out at MK on my solo trip and didn't like it.

I love Casey's hotdogs!

Great pictures from the Swiss Family Tree House. I haven't climbed up there in a few years, but when I do, I take a lot of pictures.

Jungle Cruise is another one I end up photographing extensively. I almost always go through the FP line too so a lot of what you posted was new to me. What a bummer you had to deal with the rude kids though, hope they didn't ruin the cruise for you if they were on your boat.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #583
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Hi! Glad you made it back to the boards. It isn't much fun to have to work so many hours, but it sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you and it will all be worth the effort in the end.

I kind of discovered Casey's on our last trip and I was impressed by it. Those buns really kind of detract from it though. They're just way too much bread and they're so dry. And I even got a chili dog, and I still thought it was too dry even though it was soaking up moisture from the chili.

Great pictures from the treehouse and the Jungle Cruise queue. I always love seeing all the gags they have to look at there as you're waiting in line.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #584
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yay for MK on the last day. I think in the future I'm going to try to make it my first and last park. I didn't start out at MK on my solo trip and didn't like it.

I love Casey's hotdogs!

Great pictures from the Swiss Family Tree House. I haven't climbed up there in a few years, but when I do, I take a lot of pictures.

Jungle Cruise is another one I end up photographing extensively. I almost always go through the FP line too so a lot of what you posted was new to me. What a bummer you had to deal with the rude kids though, hope they didn't ruin the cruise for you if they were on your boat.
I really need MK to be my first park. I'm okay if it isn't my last, but I need to see that Castle on my first day!

This trip was the first time I had climbed up the Swiss Family Treehouse since I was a teenager.

I take a lot of pictures in both the line, due to the funny signs, and ride on JC. I can say that thankfully the family in front of me was put on a different boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Hi! Glad you made it back to the boards. It isn't much fun to have to work so many hours, but it sounds like things are shaping up nicely for you and it will all be worth the effort in the end.

I kind of discovered Casey's on our last trip and I was impressed by it. Those buns really kind of detract from it though. They're just way too much bread and they're so dry. And I even got a chili dog, and I still thought it was too dry even though it was soaking up moisture from the chili.

Great pictures from the treehouse and the Jungle Cruise queue. I always love seeing all the gags they have to look at there as you're waiting in line.
I actually don't mind working the long hours as that paycheck is wonderful to get!

I agree that the bun was way too dry. That's mostly why I though it was just okay.

The gags always make me laugh. They are corny and some are kinda stupid, but they make me smile and giggle every time.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #585
PhoenixStrength

So, I just did something crazy....I booked a trip for WDW for this September!!!! Don't get too excited yet, as there is a good chance I won't be going. Let me explain:

I decided not to do the mini-TR for my trip to Florida in April as it was kind of a crappy trip and I didn't really want to relive it. It had it's good moments for sure, but more bad. Then this trip in December was certainly good overall, but being sick kind of dampened my enjoyment. Once I buy my house I know I won't be able to take a vacation for a while, and I hated to think my last 2 vacations were less-than-fantastic. Plus, I'm working non-stop so I can't even take one day off to do anything fun all summer. Add to that, my friend Steve has had a really rough year so far and could really use a vacation. When I saw the Free Dining for September I decided to ask him what he thought. He wants to, but won't know for sure if he can until sometime in the next 3 weeks. Because there are limited rooms at each hotel that can be booked under the Free Dining I figured I'd book it and if we don't go I will just be sure to cancel before the deadline. I really, really, really hope we can go though. I don't really want to do another solo trip so I'm only going to go if Steve is coming too. So, I'd say the chances right now are 50/50, but seeing as how a week ago I would have thought there was zero chance, I'll take that for now!

The plans, subject to drastic change if Steve can go but needs different dates, are to be there September 8-14th, Caribbean Beach Resort with free Dining plan.

I'm trying not to get too excited as I don't want to be really disappointed if we don't go....but I did already make dining reservations for each day! I'm in trouble for sure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: