Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #2131
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Only eleven more points and I can beat Marv!
You’re so close! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I think it is not only me but also the ride - a lot of people complain, there is some talk about new seats and maybe even new vehicles, so I hope I'll be able to ride it again sometime!
Yes, first visit to a Disney park with my husband. I'm very nervous, on the one hand I am sure he it good "disney material", but on the other hand DLP is just not as entrancing as DL and WDW and we will be there in the summer with the crowds...
Will you be writing a report? If so, I look forward to it!

Yes, for someone who is on the fence about Disney, the crowds can be the thing to push them over into not enjoying it, unfortunately. I hope you’re able to avoid most of the chaos and long lines, and that you have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
First off, way to go on the win, so sorry to see marv didnt win. and im sure we wont have to read about some injustice he will come up with after he comments
From our Marv? You can’t be serious!

Quote:
im going with the story that since they had there "rain caps" on, that they jumped in a puddle on purpose not realizing that poppys rain cap didnt go all the way around his shoes and he got his socks all wet.
Sounds good to me. Maybe Poppy thought that he could leap a puddle in a single bound?

Quote:
looks like you start in different areas, our cards told us to start at the window in adventure land.
It makes sense for them to spread them around a little.

Quote:
Looks sort of like that person is tackling the other person next to them.
It got pretty rough at the Magic Kingdom that morning. MK Smackdown.

Quote:
it is the weirdest but funniest pictures they make you take.
You’re laughing while they’re taking them.

Quote:
as soon as i read the dumb look for the picture i had many comments, but since you went there first.

ill just say at least you accepting the first step, "admitting" you look dumb.
At least it wasn’t a natural expression…I had to work at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Thanks for the update. It's a dreary cold wet day here in Missouri and I needed a little Disney pick me up!
Yay! Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
AHA - The dreaded peas Good to know in case I happen to order the scallops.
They get you every time! It’s not a common allergy, and they sometimes show up where you don’t expect them.

Quote:
I don't mind getting the chef out for the sit downs but I always feel bad doing so. Nothing will really be life threatening and all I need is an ingredient list. Most listen to me and let me decide and some just tell me I can't have certain things.

CS is another thing- It seems really hit or miss there sometimes.
In Andy’s (afwdwfan) TR, it was CS that did his sister in…she lost a day or so of park touring.

Quote:
WHoo Hoo Katharina - Good Job ont he Judys. That what I get for being out running errands this afternoon.
I’ve always told you that you should sit on this thread and just keep hitting ‘refresh’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I agree with Katarina !!! And dang it 3 hours to early for me !!!
But before your cruise! You should’ve gotten it.

Quote:
Great PP pix of all 4 of you and the couples too!!
Thanks for the compliments on the pictures.

Quote:
ow for the James and Poppy Puddle !!! Dis they both not make it to the bathroom Or did 1 of them and then blame the other As for the "Dumb " look I will leave that to Marv , heck he didn't get a point so he needs some consolation
Do you think that guys would do something like that and then blame it on someone else? That doesn’t sound like us.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #2132
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
James seemed to have fun with SOTMK! I am curious to see that when we visit in July, as well as Agent P at Epcot, and I know my nephew and nieces, who we will be going with, will definitely love them.
I’ll have some better pictures of him playing the game, battling villains, later in the trip report. I think he enjoyed collecting the cards as much as anything.

Quote:
I was actually off today, when you posted this entry, catching up on your TR (I read around 10 pages today!) so if I had been on the last page, I *might* have been able to reply before Katharina and get a win on the board. Oh, well...
Oh man, so close! Well, thanks for reading though…10 pages is a lot!

Quote:
Edited - D'oh, I got the top of the page! Hope you weren't planning on posting an entry here... If so, sorry.
Guess I’m going to have to wait for it to come around again. JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow... That seems like a pretty significant dinner experience. How did you forget that whole story???
I think I was too busy going, “Mmm, potato-wrapped red snapper!”

But I’m getting to that point where if it isn’t written in my notes, I’m not going to remember it.

Quote:
Apparently, someone needs to take better TR notes.
I’m getting to that point where if it isn’t explicitly, detailed, written-out word-for-word in my notes, I’m not going to remember it.

Quote:
That is the worst. Either rain or don't...
Exactly. …..or get off the pot.

Quote:
Don't these people know they are supposed to stay back at the resort when it rains so it isn't as crowded for the rest of us.
We’d had so many days of rain by this time, that people were going to the parks regardless.

Quote:
Uh oh. Hopefully it is a quick recovery.
He got his color back in no time. Except in his legs, which are perpetually white.

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I noticed the picture of Main Street Bakery with the facade on the front of it. I thought about how you were so far behind on the time, that it is actually now current again.
See, there’s a benefit of taking your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Rain Capes... LOVE IT!!!
It’s so superhero-y.

Quote:
I did not know about the music sounds in the alley. I'll have to check that out.
You need to go further back in the alley, farther than where James was in that picture, all the way to the end (which isn’t that far, it’s a short alley). You can hear music lessons being given on the second floor.

Quote:
Yup, now I don't even see you guys in the castle photo anymore.
Oh that’s right, we’re in that picture too! I forgot myself.

Quote:
That's so awesome that the folks at least went on Space Mountain. Troopers for sure! It is a rough one though. I try to push up and back with my legs and find it makes for a fairly smooth ride doing that.
They were still “here to do stuff”. Although that was it for my dad. But yes, they were troopers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Great update as always! I too always worried about my glasses. I just kept 'em firmly in my grip the whole time I was on bumpy rides! And I sympathise with the queasiness, I'm fine on log flume rides, but some of the others... I dunno.
One ride on Mission Space (the more intense side, whichever color that is) and I’m okay, but after a couple, I’m feeling it. And there’s a ride at Sea World Orlando, I forget the name of it, it’s kind of like Star Tours where you get in a big contraption that gets jostled around by hydraulic lifts…I was ready for that one to end back in ’05, I think it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Oh, and isn't it amazing how a photo of WDW can cheer you up not matter the weather in it? It could be a force 9 gale and I'd still feel cheered up. Though I'm glad you didn't experience anything that bad!
Me too! I’m glad you enjoyed the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Great update!! Sorry Poppy didn't have a good Space Mountain experience...
Thanks! Yes, he was a good sport about it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
I believe the date you listed was June 27th. Was there a strange parade of dancing girls in blue dresses that day??? I was there...but I can't remember which day that happened..
Hmmm, I don’t remember seeing any, unfortunately. But I’m sure I wouldn’t have thought of them as strange! Keep looking for yourself in my pictures…I’m waiting for the day that some random DISer says “Hey, I was in your picture!” (DISmeets don’t count Rosie!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #2133
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Love the "rain capes"! That reminds me - I need to make sure to buy some new rain capes.
I saw some at the grocery store the other day, and had to laugh.

Quote:
The PP pics turned out really nice (the woman butting in aside, of course ); I especially liked the ones of the happy anniversary couple.
Thank you. Yes, Main St. at WDW is probably not the place to bend over for an extended period of time -- there’s no telling how many people’s castle pictures she butted into?

Quote:
Too bad about Poppy's experience on SM. I am pretty darn impressed that they decided to ride!
Yeah, he gave it a shot. He’s a good sport.

Quote:
I figured you would be - you seem very considerate that way.
Hey, might as well take credit for it when the timing works out!

Quote:
I am definitely going to have to keep that tea in mind to do sometime when DD is a little older. It really does seem like a great mother-daughter experience.
I think so, I hope you get to do it someday.

Quote:
We are VERY excited about the stepsisters. I hope they live up to the hype! I have made personalized autograph cards for all the characters, and we decorated the stepsisters' cards with glass slippers - I'm curious to see how they will take that.
I realized that I wrote “steppesisters” in my earlier reply to you. That’s because my DIS-friend Leisa, All7ofUs, who lived in Kazakhstan for a while, always wished that she had made her screenname “Steppesister” for the geography of where she lived and the tie-in to Disney.

Wow, I’m impressed that you made personalized autograph cards for the characters! They’ll love that. Yeah, the stepsisters might have something to say about that. Did you also put a glass slipper on Lady Tremaine’s? She’ll really have something to say!

Quote:
We are trying a lot of new restaurants this trip, but Flying Fish is one of the ones I am most looking forward to. Of course, it doesn't hurt that, with the resort discount that came out, I switched us to the BW, so that will make dining there very stress-free as far as transportation.
I just saw an article on Disney restaurants in the USA Today, and they ranked the Flying Fish as the best seafood restaurant in Disney (considering all the parks and resorts globally).

Quote:
Again, very impressed that you are willing to make it all about me!
We aim to please, here on the glennbo TR.

Quote:
8 more posts to a possible update !!!
Wouldn’t you be surprised if I put one up today? (But not half as surprised as me, ‘cause it ain’t happenin’.)

Quote:
Our first trip there my daughter couldn't find a pen and the step sister was well being a step sister and after my daughter said " Wow I thought Disney Characaters were supposed to be nice" We all laughed and told her they were being IN Character the Mean Sisters !!!So yes their interaction is hysterical !!!
They’re the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Wow, there is a lot of Judy's in that update.
Sometimes I try to confuse Marv with just sheer numbers.

Quote:
We keep meaning to do the Sorcerer's thing, but never get around to it.

NEXT trip, we need to try it !!
My son is into collecting cards like that, so it was a must-do for him.

Quote:
I only know of two people allergic to peas and they are both from the DIS. Your daughter and Poolrat.
You might know more, but not everybody shares their :laundry: like we do on the DIS!

Quote:
Anyhoodle .... looking forward to reading more !!
Okey-dokey. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
"Rain capes"...I like that! Sounds much more fun than ponchos!
Now you’ll be looking forward to an opportunity to put them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Nice photopass pictures!
Thanks Sara.

Quote:
That's hilarious!!!! I hope we have some funny moments with them - my DD is really looking forward to their antics.
I don’t think you have to worry…they’ll deliver.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #2134
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sorry I'm just getting around to this update. Very busy week last week and you posted while I actually had some time to be out taking care of errands I hadn't had time to do. Then Friday evening Drew had his third soccer game of the week out of town. Things are just a little crazy right now...........
Lucky for you that you’ve given yourself a little cushion.

Quote:
So you're saying before the retelling, you need to do some retelling???
Pretty much, yeah!

Quote:
So poor bus mojo turned into good bus mojo...... Love how that often works out like that.
It didn’t completely make-up for the long wait, but it helped.

Quote:
I need to try SotMK the next time I make it back to WDW........purely for research purposes of course.
Well, yes of course.

Quote:
I really like this castle shot and the close-up family shot!!!
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Sounds like you need to practice more..............
That’s what I keep saying!

Quote:
I guess you mean Poppy, since he wasn't wearing his glasses............. Either that or he already lost them completely!!!
That story was from back in 2001, he took them off for this particular ride.

Quote:
That is one funny story. Reminds me of the first time my Mom and I tricked my Dad into joining us on the Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags...............
I’m sorry, but he must be pretty gullible to get tricked into anything with “Runaway” in the title!

Quote:
Those initial ride looks can be deceiving. Maybe that is why they take the picture first thing so people can't see what they might be in for...........
I never understood why they took the picture so early in the ride. There have to be much better places that would catch some interesting expressions!

Quote:
Congrats to Katharina! Nice job!
She was on the ball.

Quote:
And congrats to the Rules Committee for getting this round correct also.......
As always!

Quote:
Great job on closing that gap! And you are now ahead of your big sister!!!

As for your win my response is..............

ALAIWPP..........OD..........OR!!!

As Long As It Wasn't Poolrat Pat.........Or Dan......Or Rosie!!!

Quote:
I just knew there would be a comment that involved us !!!
Quote:
He’s trying to get your goat.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #2135
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That was a lot of legwork to get to that conclusion. If it had been my son's meal, we would have jumped to mac-and-cheese immediately.
Go figure. They tricked us up this time.

Quote:
I wouldn't wear it. I saw The Incredibles. No capes!

You’re right! I have Edna Mode working on some safer raingear for me.

Quote:
I'm going to fervently hope it didn't have anything to do with anyone needing to use the bathroom.
Hey, you never know. That little saying about yellow snow is sound advice.

Quote:
And right in the wheelhouse of 6-to-12-year-old kids. Or 40-ish adults who don't seem to notice the kids in line behind them.
You know it!

Quote:
Some keepers here!
Thanks Cap’n.

Quote:
And don't think of pink elephants.
Heffalumps and woozles! Heffalumps and woozles!

Quote:
Curse you Glennbo!!!
Sorry, I sapped all of the fun out of it for you.

Quote:
D'oh! Sounds like he needs a calm kiddie-type ride, like the Mad Tea Party.
Hey, no peeking at the next chapter!

Quote:
Do I know my audience, or what?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #2136
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
At least it wasn’t a natural expression…I had to work at it.
you keep telling yourself that...remember i met you and have seen your regular expressions.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #2137
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Of course he is !!Imagine I jst spent hours making a brand new Wooden Marv!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #2138
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What a fun update, well other than the annoying put on, take off, drizzle. That weather is annoying in a big way. Sorcerers really looks like fun, I think the E's would really enjoy it.

Big bummer that SM wasn't the best experience for Poppy, that is frustrating especially if was not so bad in the past.

Some really great photopass pictures, of all 4 of you but also of both couples. And nice to have a few adult only ones in the mix, even if all the kids were MIA at the time.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #2139
MEK
DIS Veteran

Lauren is allergic to peas? So is Pat and we all know what happened to her when she ate them at DTD. Good call on sending the peas back.

Too bad the whole group dispersed, but that allowed you to get some really cute couples pictures! Nice pics!!!!

And - so proud of the whole group for riding Space Mountain. Way to go Granny and Poppy! What did they think?

Yes - your self portrait pictures are pretty pathetic.

Love Judy's bag. So cute.

Way too late to count Judys.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #2140
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Wow! It took me quite a bit of time, but I actually caught up! I was away from the DIS for a little while, and I paid for it when I realized how many pages I was going to have to read!

I can't remember everything I wanted to post about as I read...should've taken notes. As far as what I do remember:
- Very cool idea to have a special graduation trip. Might have to file that one away for 2019 (WOW - that's only six years away. Heaven help me...)
- I think the first part of your (whole group) trip looked awesome! I love a good beach vacation, and if you actually can combine one with a little bit of Disney, I think it's great! DH is a little like your kids...not his cup of tea. I doubt I'd be able to get him to spring for some time there, at least not if it took away park time!
- I'm going to have to manage to get to AKL on my next trip. We've never even been over there. Your pictures make me want to put it on my list!
- We stayed at POR this trip, and I fell in love with it! I did catch a part of one of YeeHaw Bob's shows. I really want to do a whole show next time. Again, DH would rather plan park time...gotta work on him.
- I laughed at your Admiral Akbar video. We're a big Star Wars family, so when I showed it to them it was a hit! They're actually doing a May the 4th event this year... DH is horribly jealous.
- Flying Fish looks yummy! Glad you had such a good meal!

Ok, the memory is bad and that 's all I can remember right now! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it probably isn't wise to comment on everything I've read up until now! I'm looking forward to seeing James play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. It's another thing we didn't get to do in October, and my oldest son is not very happy about it (he really didn't find out about it until we'd left). I'd like to see what it's all about.

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #2141
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hes trying to get your goat.
Quote:
Of course he is !!Imagine I just spent hours making a brand new Wooden Marv!!!
Oh heck that combination of comments made me laugh.

Speaking of getting my goat...this is what happens when you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lauren is allergic to peas? So is Pat and we all know what happened to her when she ate them at DTD. Good call on sending the peas back.

Yes Everyone does now. As Glenn said we tell everything here.... well almost everything....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 04-29-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #2142
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lucky for you that you’ve given yourself a little cushion.
The only luck is that the Rules Committee couldn't make up enough new rules to cost me even more victories!

Well, so far anyway..............

Quote:
That story was from back in 2001, he took them off for this particular ride.
Yep, got that......

Quote:
I’m sorry, but he must be pretty gullible to get tricked into anything with “Runaway” in the title!
Well he was once at least!

Quote:
I never understood why they took the picture so early in the ride. There have to be much better places that would catch some interesting expressions!
I guess they are pretty limited on Space Mountain. Wouldn't quite be the same ride if those flashes were going off constantly to interfere with the darkness......

Quote:
Did you just call Rosie a goat? Or were you talking about Pat???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report

Last edited by marvali; 04-30-2013 at 11:38 AM.
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #2143
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I realized that I wrote “steppesisters” in my earlier reply to you. That’s because my DIS-friend Leisa, All7ofUs, who lived in Kazakhstan for a while, always wished that she had made her screenname “Steppesister” for the geography of where she lived and the tie-in to Disney.

Wow, I’m impressed that you made personalized autograph cards for the characters! They’ll love that. Yeah, the stepsisters might have something to say about that. Did you also put a glass slipper on Lady Tremaine’s? She’ll really have something to say!
Ha! I love "steppesister"!

Yep - we have a personalized card for every character in every park and at every character meal we are doing (which is TOO MANY). I am a little OCD, I think.... DD loves, loves, loves meeting characters though, so I think we'll have fun with it.

I'm trying to think what I did for Lady Tremaine's. I know I turned the Cheshire Cat into Lucifer on one of them (I have two for her because she is also in FL, same for the sisters), but I can't for the life of me remember what I did with the other.

Quote:
I just saw an article on Disney restaurants in the USA Today, and they ranked the Flying Fish as the best seafood restaurant in Disney (considering all the parks and resorts globally).
Hey, that's great! I am really excited to try it. We are doing several signature restaurants this trip, all of which (other than Le Cellier) will be new to us. I am most excited about FF and Jiko, I think.

Quote:
We aim to please, here on the glennbo TR.
True story!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #2144
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you keep telling yourself that...remember i met you and have seen your regular expressions.
I don’t always look like I just took a sip of a Bud Lite Lime!

Quote:
Of course he is !!Imagine I jst spent hours making a brand new Wooden Marv!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun update, well other than the annoying put on, take off, drizzle. That weather is annoying in a big way. Sorcerers really looks like fun, I think the E's would really enjoy it.
That was the weather we had, what’re you gonna do? Yes, I could see the E’s playing SotMK.

Quote:
Big bummer that SM wasn't the best experience for Poppy, that is frustrating especially if was not so bad in the past.
He was a good sport about it, but I think it was a statement to my mom as much as anything, that even though we were “here to do stuff” there were just some things he’d have to sit out.

Quote:
Some really great photopass pictures, of all 4 of you but also of both couples. And nice to have a few adult only ones in the mix, even if all the kids were MIA at the time.
Thank you. Yes, that’s true…you don’t always need a whole group picture.

Quote:
Yep-er. We’ve eaten snowpeas the last two days in a row, because in a few weeks Lauren comes home from college. We have to enjoy ‘em while we can.

Quote:
Too bad the whole group dispersed, but that allowed you to get some really cute couples pictures! Nice pics!!!!
Aw, thanks.

Quote:
And - so proud of the whole group for riding Space Mountain. Way to go Granny and Poppy! What did they think?
Well, my mom liked it okay, but my dad could’ve definitely done without it!

Quote:
Yes - your self portrait pictures are pretty pathetic.
Wow, you’re harsh!

Quote:
Love Judy's bag. So cute.
I had to go back and look, I had no idea what bag she was carrying. But, thanks, I guess.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #2145
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Wow! It took me quite a bit of time, but I actually caught up! I was away from the DIS for a little while, and I paid for it when I realized how many pages I was going to have to read!
Hi Jen! I saw you post on Dan’s thread and hoped that you’d find your way over here eventually. Thanks for putting in the effort to get caught up. I’m impressed!

Quote:
I can't remember everything I wanted to post about as I read...should've taken notes. As far as what I do remember:
- Very cool idea to have a special graduation trip. Might have to file that one away for 2019 (WOW - that's only six years away. Heaven help me...)
I think I relayed the story of how it came about, it wasn’t a deliberate thought at first, but we’re glad that we can do it. They’ll make some great memories, and is there really a better graduation gift than that?

Quote:
- I think the first part of your (whole group) trip looked awesome! I love a good beach vacation, and if you actually can combine one with a little bit of Disney, I think it's great! DH is a little like your kids...not his cup of tea. I doubt I'd be able to get him to spring for some time there, at least not if it took away park time!
Great! I was hoping that this trip report could show a couple of different options that DISers/DVCers have available to them. But yeah, if DH is all about the parks, he could potentially be thinking “woulda, coulda, shoulda” while laying on the beach.

Quote:
- I'm going to have to manage to get to AKL on my next trip. We've never even been over there. Your pictures make me want to put it on my list!
Oh my, you definitely have to get over there to explore the resort a little, look at some animals, and visit Boma or Sanaa. We love it there -- the day I found out they were building a DVC resort there was the day I knew I had to buy into DVC.

Quote:
- We stayed at POR this trip, and I fell in love with it! I did catch a part of one of YeeHaw Bob's shows. I really want to do a whole show next time. Again, DH would rather plan park time...gotta work on him.
POR is easily my favorite moderate resort. (Of the 2 I’ve tried. ) It’s beautiful, the pool is a lot of fun, and it has Yeehaa Bob. If it weren’t for the size of our family, I wouldn’t mind staying there all the time.

Quote:
- I laughed at your Admiral Akbar video. We're a big Star Wars family, so when I showed it to them it was a hit! They're actually doing a May the 4th event this year... DH is horribly jealous.
I’m glad that I could pass on something that was a hit for you guys.

Who’s doing a May the 4th event…DHS? I must be a geek since I know that “May the 4th” = Star Wars Day since it sounds like “May the Force (be with you)”.

Quote:
- Flying Fish looks yummy! Glad you had such a good meal!
To quote Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, “Yummy”.

Quote:
Ok, the memory is bad and that 's all I can remember right now! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it probably isn't wise to comment on everything I've read up until now! I'm looking forward to seeing James play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. It's another thing we didn't get to do in October, and my oldest son is not very happy about it (he really didn't find out about it until we'd left). I'd like to see what it's all about.
I’ll have plenty of pictures coming up.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: