Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #331
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I really hope your BLT waitlist comes through soon. We were waitlisted for our Feb. vacation too. I think I only booked it about 5 weeks out and it went through within 2 days!
Such a great resort to stay at!
Thanks! I just added a second waitlist for a Lake view so between that one and the standard view I'm hopeful. I'm booked at Kidani so I'm happy there too but would like to spoil myself with a monorail resort.

Jill in CO
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #332
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I found the outlook on our Nov. cruise too. It was early morning though. I have heard it's really dead and no one even really knows it is there and often it is used for things like weddings or special parties.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #333
MEK
DIS Veteran

BLT I am itching to stay there again. Cute room and nice view.

How great that you got to stock up on some much needed blue jeans. I have never been to the Vera Bradley outlet, but I'll get there someday.

Yum - Crispy Creme. Oops I mean Krispy Kreme! Who doesn't love their donuts?

Oh yeah - glad you checked out AoA for lunch. Surf on surf - what a winner.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #334
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I do believe you mentioned this before !! Yes I think we did see a sign for the Mall, but with only 3 days and 3 parks to see , not much time for shopping . The girls did take time to get tattoos on the back of their necks, in NY State you have to be 18 , but in Florida with parental consent you can get them at 15 . I will have to take pix and show you . Judy got the chinese sign for strength
Tell me about time being of the essence, Rosie. I would not have struggled with going back and finding it either.
The girls got tattoos? Wow! They are pretty young to do that, but I think this is definitely another generation. I would have died doing something like that at their age - too afraid that it would hurt too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks! I just added a second waitlist for a Lake view so between that one and the standard view I'm hopeful. I'm booked at Kidani so I'm happy there too but would like to spoil myself with a monorail resort.

Jill in CO
I have stalked the site prior to us booking our vacations and I think you have a fair chance to get a lake view! MK view (even though very high in points) and standard seemed to go pretty fast. LV is really nice though. We enjoyed the location of our studios and there is always the observation deck to go up to and enjoy the view of the park and fireworks.
And if all else fails, there is always Kidani, which should be awesome to stay at. We have only stayed at Jambo House prior to being DVC, but i am definitely planning on going back to AKV one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I found the outlook on our Nov. cruise too. It was early morning though. I have heard it's really dead and no one even really knows it is there and often it is used for things like weddings or special parties.
Yes, everyone we spoke to said that it was rarely used. What a shame, as it is a pretty neat spot. We have been up twice and it has been closed both times.
I don't even know if they have it on the Fantasy , but if so we will try to hit it at sunset, as this is when it is supposed to be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
BLT I am itching to stay there again. Cute room and nice view.

How great that you got to stock up on some much needed blue jeans. I have never been to the Vera Bradley outlet, but I'll get there someday.

Yum - Crispy Creme. Oops I mean Krispy Kreme! Who doesn't love their donuts?

Oh yeah - glad you checked out AoA for lunch. Surf on surf - what a winner.
If you get the chance, Mary Ellen, you should definitely try BLT. AWESOME location that can't be beaten. We love to be able to just walk over to the MK.

The Vera and Dooney outlets are fun at the Mall. Unfortunately they did not offer any Disney bags. I bought some Dooneys for every day use at school during our last vacation and they came with a really nice discount.
We went to check out AoA last summer and were very impressed. Ever since I wanted to try their foodcourt, but never got around to it, so we were both pleased to make it there AND really enjoy the food. Now, if they only get rid of the metal baskets.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #335
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 6, February 21

……… another kind of cruise makes our day! - part 3

There was not much time left until we had another meet, one I had been looking forward to for quite some time. There was just time for a little rest, then we had to dig through our suitcases to find all the goodies we had brought for our friends and put them all in the gift bags we had brought. Yikes, the gift bags were not big enough, so only the chocolates went in the gift bags and the rest of the gifts had to go into “WalMart” bags.
We were supposed to be at the Contemporary Resort marina at 7pm, so around 6.30 we went over to the Contemporary.
I was so unsure we were in the right place as I did not see any bigger boats in the marina, but before we could find out we had to make one more purchase, a gift card for one of our little friends. We walked right into the Fantasia store and bought a gift card. And while we waited for the cast member to find an envelope for it, we heard an all too familiar voice behind us. Our friend Tracy was doing some shopping of her own. So we all hugged and since we knew that we would spend some time lateron we went ahead to look for our other friends downstairs.
We easily spotted Michelle, Vito and Angelina. It was so wonderful to see them again. We had met for the first time the summer before and had had a lot of fun together. And after hugs and some excited sentences we went outside to look for the rest of our travel party, Ann, her husband Steve and Miss Zoe, whose trip reports I have read for a long time and who I was dying to meet. We walked towards the marina and then I first saw Zoe.
A few steps more and we caught sight of Ann and her husband. Needless to say that there were a few more hugs, presents were exchanged and we all started to chat away.

It was as if we all had known each other personally for a long time. We had been talking for quite some time when our skipper came up to us and asked who was in charge of the reservation.
Well, that was me and I had been too excited to pay any attention to the financial part of the reservation. But a credit card sealed the deal and we walked out to our pontoon boat,

were told that there were drinks and chips on board and off we went. Another cruise for us that night, but this time was special, a speciality Wishes fireworks cruise.
We had always wanted to do one, but it had always seemed a bit of a waste for just the two of us, so this was the perfect opportunity. Our skipper took us out onto Bay Lake and explained about the building of the Contemporary and Bay Lake,

pointed out the different islands and fun facts of Bay Lake and the surrounding resorts

and then we finally made it over to the Seven Seas Lagoon.

We went past the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian

and finally found a nice spot in front of the Magic Kingdom

where we just floated around. Our skipper told us that we would not be able to drop anchor, but we needed to still be free floating and she would take care of a perfect view of the castle and the fireworks behind it. It did not take long and the fireworks started.

To be continued ...........
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #337
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
what an exciting evening!!!!!
And it only got better! We loved the company and the fireworks cruise!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #338
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

What a neat thing to do! Especially with a group of Dis friends. So far you are having a wonderful vacation.

It's been awhile since I've been to the outlet mall there. We never have a car at WDW anymore. Bob hates driving to Florida, so I can't wean him of those non stop flight to Orlando.

I got our air fare for our Sept. trip to Disney. After this trip it will be a couple years before we go again. We want to drive to the southwest instead.

We will be at AKL beginning on Sept.9, it would be nice to meet again.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #339
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Tell me about time being of the essence, Rosie. I would not have struggled with going back and finding it either.
The girls got tattoos? Wow! They are pretty young to do that, but I think this is definitely another generation. I would have died doing something like that at their age - too afraid that it would hurt too much.

You will Find NO tattoos on me either !! I see no point in inflicting unnecessary pain on myself what so ever But you are right it is a different generation
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #340
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a nice evening with your friends. Too bad they had a pushy DVC guide. Hopefully they will decide to buy at a future time.

The last night is always very sad, but at least you know you will be back in a few months. You had a nice breakfast with your friends and Ana.

We always say we are not in WDW until we go under the arches. I would love to stay at BLT again and get the same view we had in Aug. Sounds like a good shoppping day...glad you found jeans. Of course you would get Krispy Creme, it wouldn't be a WDW vacation if you didn't. We always go to the Publix on 192. It is right behind Kidani and there is a Target across the street.

Aldi just opened by my parents, I guess I will stop in one day and check it out.

Sounds like a wonderful DISmeet with friends. A fireworks cruise sounds awsome.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #341
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Awe, Karin.. your most recent update really warmed my heart. What a special evening! I still can not say thank you enough!

I do so appreciate your krispy kreme pictures... it has been SOOO long since I have had one. A Panera bread went into where the old Krispy Kreme use to be. While it is a good soup and sandwich..oh and salad restaurant... it really doesnt cut it when you want a warm fluffy doughnut.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #342
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a wonderful way to spend an evening - can't wait to hear about the rest of your 'mini cruise'!

You asked me a couple of Qs which I just realised I haven't answered

Yep, I have started a DL trip report - link in my signature

It's going to be very short but hopefully sweet, for once in my life I didn't take 1000s of photos!

We are staying in the Little Mermaid section at AoA as it's just the two of us and it's only for three nights, then we are off to VWL

I really do like the look of the studios as BLT though
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #343
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Karin, what a special evening....I cannot imagine anything nicer than a Wishes cruise with such special friends.

And that view...wow!!! Looking forward to the rest of the evening!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #344
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

OMG what a beautiful update !! I have to agree with Annmarie our family can never ever thank you enough for such a wonderful evening. That night will live in our heart forever!!!
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #345
Teri1
DIS Veteran

What a great time for you and your DIS friends!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: