Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #571
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Glad to have found this thread... have a party of 10 going to WDW in October. While my family is staying at the Poly, some of the group have decided to stay at Caribbean Beach. I know nothing about this resort, so I have a lot of reading up on it to do!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #572
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

We are staying at CBR in July for the 5th time and always request Jamaica. Does anyone have an update on the Jamaica rehab? Is it just painting the outside or is it also an update on the rooms, queen beds etc.?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #573
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what bldgs/rooms have King beds? Do all the villages have a few rooms with King beds, or are those rooms just in one particular village?

TIA!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #574
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
I am considering a solo trip in June( going with my sister in December) and want to try a new resort. This one looks promising. I don't care about walking so the big size won't bother me. I am somewhat concerned with the bus situation but even that can be dealt with.

Where are the king size bed rooms located?
We have never had any issues with the buses. We like the fact that every village has it's own stop, plus one at OPR, because you are never far from one. The entire loop takes around 5-7 minutes from the first stop until you are leaving CBR proper.

Every building in every village, except Trinidad South (Pirate Themed), has some king beds.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #575
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo1871 View Post
Is there any rhyme or reason to which entrance they use? Maybe depending on where they are headed or coming from?
Where they are coming from does matter which entrance they use. However, if a bus comes from MK that does not mean it will be going to MK once at CBR.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #576
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaPrince View Post
Is there a list or map of all the water view rooms at CBR? Also, how difficult will it be to get a request granted for a 1st floor water view room?
There is no map with room numbers. But it's best to state your request just like you have it, 1st floor water view instead of a room number. This way the room assigner knows what you are looking for.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #577
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
We won't be booking a pirate themed room, so how long roughly does it take to walk from the furthest room to OPR?
Excluding the Pirate rooms, Barbados 11 is the farthest from OPR. At a leisurely pace it's less than 7 minutes.

Quote:
How long are the bus rides to the parks, and does it take a lot of extra time for the buses to make their way round the resort to drop of and pick up?
The longest ride is to MK and it was 15 minutes once we left CBR. Epcot, DHS and AK are under 10 minutes. With DHS being about 5 minutes. To make the entire loop around CBR is about 7 minutes. Before our first stay at CBR I had heard sooo many people complain about the long walks and long bus rides around CBR. After our 3 day I was surprised so many complaints were out there so I had to time things just to see if it was my imagination or what.

Quote:
Anyone who has stayed at a value as well, do you really notice that the rooms at CBR are bigger?
YES! And the double sinks are great with more than one guest.

Quote:
And now the $64,000 question! Is the refurb happening, and what buildings?
Currently there are working on Jamaica 44. No word on anything else.

Quote:
I really like the look of the standard rooms but wasn't as keen on the room in the pics posted a few pages back of a possible refurb room. Would all the rooms be done anyway by the time of our trip?

Nobody knows as of now.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #578
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I read somewhere that CB has a pirate cruise for kids. Has anyone done this? Can you direct me to more info on it? TIA!
Our son has done it and loved it.

From WDW site.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...nture-cruises/

There is more detailed information in post #1 of this thread.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #579
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what bldgs/rooms have King beds? Do all the villages have a few rooms with King beds, or are those rooms just in one particular village?

TIA!
Every building in every village, except the Pirate Rooms in Trinidad South, have king beds sprinkled in.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #580
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks dansdad for all the info

I'm currently in talks with my TA and if the price is right we'll be at CBR next Oct!

Claire

Old 04-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #581
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpalmtrees View Post
We are staying at CBR in July for the 5th time and always request Jamaica. Does anyone have an update on the Jamaica rehab? Is it just painting the outside or is it also an update on the rooms, queen beds etc.?
No definite info yet. The only thing that's confirmed is that the outside of the Jamaica buildings are being painted. Hopefully, someone who has been recently can chime in and give us an update.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #582
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I thought that I'd do a live chat with a Disney castmember and ask about the refurb. Not surprisingly, they didn't have current info. The Dis is more informed than Disney castmembers.

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route you to a Walt Disney World Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney, you are now chatting with 'Summer', how may I help you today?

Lisa: Good afternoon Summer! My family and I are traveling to WDW in May and are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I know that they are painting and doing some work to the Jamaica village. Will they be doing more to the other villages? Just wondering about noise/construction issues?

Summer: Hello Lisa! Let me check our information for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and see what updates they have provided us!

Lisa: Thank you! And, while you're at it, can you check and see if there's any word on whether or not the resort will be getting new rooms/queen beds? I know that it's the only moderate with full beds now since the Port Orleans refurb was done.

Lisa: Queen bed conversions would make my day. LOL!

Summer: The resort has not provided us with any information regarding painting or other construction at the resort. Did you receive a letter in the mail or an email informing you of upcoming refurbishments during your stay?

Lisa: No, I have friends who just got back and said that they are painting and there were construction type vehicles in the Jamaica village. Definitely some work going on there.

Lisa: Not just touch-up work.

Summer: In regard to the double bed question, at this time the resort does not have plans to upgrade to queen beds. While I am sure this may be considered in the future to match our other Moderate resorts, there are no current plans.

Summer: It may have been part of the resort's annual maintenance, but they are not currently listing any resort wide refurbishments.

Lisa: Hum, maybe that's it. I guess we'll just get there and hope for the best. Be sure to tell the Disney fairies that we Caribbean Beach lovers sure would like to see queen beds in the rooms. (wink wink)

Summer: I will definitely pass on your suggestion to my leader. Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is one of my favorite resorts as well and now that my children are getting older, queen beds would certainly be a plus!

Lisa: A plus for sure! My teenage son is closing in on 6 foot and is quickly outgrowing a double bed.

Summer: I can see where that would be a problem!

Lisa: Thanks for checking on the refurb for me. Have a great afternoon!

Summer: You are very welcome, Lisa! Our Chat team strives to provide the very best levels of customer service. If you have a minute, I would really appreciate your feedback on a survey that will pop up in a new window by clicking the exit button on the chat box. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated! Thanks for contacting Disney, and have a magical day!

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #583
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Anyone want to join me in a little dance!

We are now booked to stay at CBR 26th October to 9th November 2014. We got "free" QSDP and have upgraded to DDP so will be revisiting some of our favourites from last year!
We have never stayed at CBR before and are really excited. I just know our DD will love the pirate ship theme at the kiddie pool!

Claire

Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #584
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyone want to join me in a little dance!

We are now booked to stay at CBR 26th October to 9th November 2014. We got "free" QSDP and have upgraded to DDP so will be revisiting some of our favourites from last year!
We have never stayed at CBR before and are really excited. I just know our DD will love the pirate ship theme at the kiddie pool!

Claire
Congrats on booking the CBR! The kids' (and the main pool too) pool is super cute so I'm sure that your DD is going to love it!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #585
BeveMom
Mouseketeer

I think the answer is "no," but can someone tell me definitely if there are microwaves in the rooms? My 6 year old is an oatmeal-a-holic in the mornings, lol, so if there are, then I'll bring some instant for him. Thanks!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: