Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #3331
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Good Morning!
I'm sure this is on this thread somewhere but my feeble search attempts are in vain.

We have an ADR for 8 am at Crystal Palace. What's the best mode of transportation? Early bus to MK, cab to CR, boat to CR. I want to leave WL around 7:20-7:30 am. MK opens at 9 am that day.
Good question. We also have an 8AM Crystal Palace ADR. It seemed the MK busses start quite early, and it is a very quick trip, so our plan was to take an MK bus about 7:20-7:30, and once it arrives it is less than a 5 min trip.

Our other option would be boat to CR, then walk to MK which should work because the Blue Flag boats start early. I wonder if there is any difficulty getting from CR into MK before the park opens? We've just never done this walk before, but have heard it is nice and short.

We haven't ever been in a park before opening before, so we're looking forward to it.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #3332
ladisneylady
Earning My Ears

Refrigerator

Is there a refrigerator in the Wilderness Lodge rooms? Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #3333
Figment104
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladisneylady View Post
Is there a refrigerator in the Wilderness Lodge rooms? Thanks!
Yes there is. I believe it's enclosed in a small cupboard type area.

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #3334
ladisneylady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
Thanks.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #3335
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

From the first page:

Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #3336
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Hi!

Just a few quick questions for the WL addicts out there. We are planning to go to WDW in Feb for my bday and to run in some of the Princess events (I may do the half w my mom and maybe DH and I think we will do the family 5k). We are long time AKL addicts but I have always wanted to try WL. Just to confirm my suspicion, the deluxe rooms hold 6+ 1 under 3? I will pay for my parents to come with us, and I would like to do CL. I know at AKL I would need two rooms, not sure if a deluxe at WL would meet our needs as well.
A deluxe room at WL does hold 6 + 1 under 3. There are 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room. It might feel a little tight with that many, but it can be done. We had 3 adults, a 7 year old and a 2 year old when we were there. You definitely won't regret giving WL a try, though!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #3337
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!

Just a few quick questions for the WL addicts out there. We are planning to go to WDW in Feb for my bday and to run in some of the Princess events (I may do the half w my mom and maybe DH and I think we will do the family 5k). We are long time AKL addicts but I have always wanted to try WL. Just to confirm my suspicion, the deluxe rooms hold 6+ 1 under 3? I will pay for my parents to come with us, and I would like to do CL. I know at AKL I would need two rooms, not sure if a deluxe at WL would meet our needs as well.
There is a lot of information including a floor plan of a deluxe room in the second post on the first page of this information thread.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...78&postcount=2

We were at the WL in February of this year and had a wonderful stay.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 04-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #3338
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Warning: we were there last week and never once saw a blue flag boat. If you're going during the off-season leave plenty of time to wait for a boat to arrive.
Really? How did guests get to FW and CR or are you saying the wait took more than 20 minutes?

Quote:
Our trip is just under 2 weeks away, and I'm at the point where I'm obnoxiously excited (which I have a feeling many people hear can possibly relate to). We always book a courtyard view and request an inner courtyard, but I have to admit I think waiting to check in and see what room we're assigned to is probably the most stressful part of the trip for me, and I know it shouldn't be. We spend a decent amount of time in our room, and love to just hang out on the balcony and watch all the fun going on below. In all the times we've stayed we've only had one "bad" room assignment, and they were able to accommodate moving us to an amazing location. I guess no real purpose to my post, except I'm really excited and nervous at the same time, and no one around me would really understand lol.

Love this thread by the way!!!

Every post has a purpose and we're glad you checked in with us. We all get excited and nervous, too. Check-ins can be very stressful - it's the moment you've been waiting a long time for and sets the tone for your vacation. Everyone wants the CM to be welcoming, get their preferred location/requests and have their room be ready so they can get their vacation started. If it helps, a WL GM once told me their goal is to get every guest into their room ASAP

Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Good Morning!
I'm sure this is on this thread somewhere but my feeble search attempts are in vain.

We have an ADR for 8 am at Crystal Palace. What's the best mode of transportation? Early bus to MK, cab to CR, boat to CR. I want to leave WL around 7:20-7:30 am. MK opens at 9 am that day.
Just take the Blue Flag boat over to CR which starts around 0645. Then, just walk right over to the MK. The walk from the dock to security is between 10-15 minutes. Ladcassidy just reminded me of the early ADR buses, so that is an option too.

Quote:
Hi!

Welcome! Yes, the Deluxe rooms all have two queens and one queen sleeper sofa, so 6+1. There are photos and more info. on them on the first page.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 04-29-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #3339
WDWKOOK

Didn't see your posts until after I posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
A deluxe room at WL does hold 6 + 1 under 3. There are 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the living room. It might feel a little tight with that many, but it can be done. We had 3 adults, a 7 year old and a 2 year old when we were there. You definitely won't regret giving WL a try, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
There is a lot of information including a floor plan of a deluxe room in the second post on the first page of this information thread.

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...78&postcount=2

We were at the WL in February of this year and had a wonderful stay.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 04-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #3340
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

Good question. We also have an 8AM Crystal Palace ADR. It seemed the MK busses start quite early, and it is a very quick trip, so our plan was to take an MK bus about 7:20-7:30, and once it arrives it is less than a 5 min trip.

Our other option would be boat to CR, then walk to MK which should work because the Blue Flag boats start early. I wonder if there is any difficulty getting from CR into MK before the park opens? We've just never done this walk before, but have heard it is nice and short.

We haven't ever been in a park before opening before, so we're looking forward to it.
We were in a similar situation a couple of months ago. We took the bus from WL to MK for our pre-opening breakfast ADRs at both CP and CRT. As mentioned above, we could have taken the boat from WL to CR and walked over to MK, but we found the bus to be the most direct option, and the most predictable in terms of timing. At least one morning we had the whole bus to ourselves.

Edited to add: The buses start running early enough to get WL guests to early ADRs. I'm not sure the exact schedule, but it's definitely earlier than an hour before park opening, as suggested above.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #3341
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info guys! I saw the pics but just wanted to confirm the +1 thing. I'm a little nervous to try a new resort. And I'm definitely nervous about my folks. It may be just my mom, so I'm leaning toward deluxe room vs 2 CL rooms. Will I pay the extra adult fee though? Hmmm so many questions.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #3342
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladcassidy View Post
We were in a similar situation a couple of months ago. We took the bus from WL to MK for our pre-opening breakfast ADRs at both CP and CRT. As mentioned above, we could have taken the boat from WL to CR and walked over to MK, but we found the bus to be the most direct option, and the most predictable in terms of timing. At least one morning we had the whole bus to ourselves.

Edited to add: The buses start running early enough to get WL guests to early ADRs. I'm not sure the exact schedule, but it's definitely earlier than an hour before park opening, as suggested above.
Thank you for correcting me! I completely forgot about the early ADR buses - thank you! I'll have to edit my post so as not to confuse anyone.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #3343
Figment104
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Really? How did guests get to FW and CR or are you saying the wait took more than 20 minutes?

Every post has a purpose and we're glad you checked in with us. We all get excited and nervous, too. Check-ins can be very stressful - it's the moment you've been waiting a long time for and sets the tone for your vacation. Everyone wants the CM to be welcoming, get their preferred location/requests and have their room be ready so they can get their vacation started. If it helps, a WL GM once told me their goal is to get every guest into their room ASAP

Happy Planning!
Thanks so much for the welcome! I normally feel like an old hand at all this Disney stuff, with this being the only thing I worry about, but with this trip being our DS first trip and him only being 17 months, I have a bunch of other questions, thoughts, and worries swirling around my head that I'm just not used to. Once we're there though, I'm sure all the will hit me, and I'll be all set (at least here's hoping lol ).

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #3344
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

Last year we had an 8 am ADR for Crystal Palace. We ended up taking a cab from the Beach Club to the Contemporary. Then we walked. We had no issues walking over early. The walk was about 10 minutes. I'd rather take the Blue Flag boat and walk over, but I read on the thread that the Blue Flag was not coming very frequently. I may try that and if it doesn't come within 15-20 minutes (7 am - 7:20 am) just go to the bus.

You will love the early ADR. Last year was our first time. There were people on Main Street, but NOT nearly as many as usual all stampeding (did I say that!) to the rides. I can't remember exactly which side the Breakfast ADR entrance was, but it was easy to see/locate. We strolled up Main Street and checked in at CP. Our ADR was 8:05 am. We were seated around 8:10 am. I wanted to see all of the characters, so we didn't leave until 9:15 am. At first, I thought I'd be out by 9 am and make RD, but that was not the case.

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012

Last edited by diskids2; 04-29-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Add more
Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #3345
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome fellow RC! I think this should be your last change, too, but from my own experience, I know this might not be your last change. You might just have to add Club Level
Oh I just saw this! Don't tempt me! I wanted to go CL but DH was reluctant. I will have to work on him. I think I may pull the "I want that for Mother's Day card" on him.

CBR - 1996 (June), 1997 (Feb), 2007 (July)
Dolphin - 2003 (April) 2008 (Mar), 2009 (July),
2010 (July)
Beach Club - 2012 (July)
Wilderness Lodge - 2013 (July)
Royal Pacific - July 2010
Portofino - July 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: