Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #2041
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

I posted that thread. We go to Disney at least 5 times a year and see him each time we visit. We received a text from Elliot telling us he has been let go. We saw him this past Wednesday and Thursday nights (4/24 & 4/25) and he told us May 4 will be his last night performing at Disney as his contract was terminated.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #2042
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
I posted that thread. We go to Disney at least 5 times a year and see him each time we visit. We received a text from Elliot telling us he has been let go. We saw him this past Wednesday and Thursday nights (4/24 & 4/25) and he told us May 4 will be his last night performing at Disney as his contract was terminated.
Oh, that's really sad. Do you mind if I quote you on the news pages of my site?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #2043
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We are making a visit to the World again this year the first week of December and are deciding on what room we want to request. Last year, they played loud obnoxious music around the pool during the day. And having a "pool view" room and even with the a/c going full blast you could hear the bassy music all day long!
Are they still doing this? I would hope after all the complaints(including mine) that they kicked the DJ to the curb.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #2044
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is certainly a sad turn of events. I always enjoy seeing him when I stay at the French Quarter. Just more of Disney's cost cutting, I assume.

Disney just released their 1st quarter proffits and the parks and resorts revenues increased 7% to $3.4 billion. That should have been enough to keep Elliott playing at POFQ. I think Iger's 2012 salary was around 40 million.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #2045
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

I just made switched from allstar movies and the guy who helped me on the phone told me I should check him out are you sure this is fact.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #2046
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Does POFQ do anything for the fall/Halloween time frame? Gonna be there for the F&W festival and was curious.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #2047
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Oh, that's really sad. Do you mind if I quote you on the news pages of my site?

Andre
You sure can
Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #2048
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
I just made switched from allstar movies and the guy who helped me on the phone told me I should check him out are you sure this is fact.
We heard the news from Elliot himself and spoke to him last week after he got the news . It is a fact that May 4 will be his last night at Disney. He is going to take a long vacation and still do local weddings and events (non-disney ) before he decides what to do next. We asked him to let us know if he decides to perform at another restaurant/club in Orlando so we will have somewhere to spend our evenings when we go to Disney as we have checked out the other evening entertainment at Disney and there is nothing else that suits our tastes.

Last edited by cruisingkat; 04-29-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #2049
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I just read on another thread that Elliott Dyson had been laid off by Disney. Elliott played at Scat Cat's club during weekends. Can anyone on this thread confirm the news? Andrew?
Elliot was there last week when we were. Still putting on a good show. I wonder how old he is? He is quite the entertainer.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #2050
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no! That's really disappointing. I wonder if YeeHaw Bob is also terminated.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #2051
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
We are making a visit to the World again this year the first week of December and are deciding on what room we want to request. Last year, they played loud obnoxious music around the pool during the day. And having a "pool view" room and even with the a/c going full blast you could hear the bassy music all day long!
Are they still doing this? I would hope after all the complaints(including mine) that they kicked the DJ to the curb.
They are still playing it. Not at all appealing. I hope more people complain. We didn't say anything because we wouldn't have used the pool in the afternoon and once we closed our door we could hardly hear it (our room was across from the hot tub).
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #2052
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
They are still playing it. Not at all appealing. I hope more people complain. We didn't say anything because we wouldn't have used the pool in the afternoon and once we closed our door we could hardly hear it (our room was across from the hot tub).
I guess it would have been different if I wouldn't have woke up all stuffed up the night we were going to MVMCP that night and tried to take a nap beforehand. I could only imagine a family with small kids. Resorts were always a peaceful place to relax after a crazy day in the parks. But no more.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #2053
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I also hate they blare that music I've stayed at Poly, GF & CR where they do it to & at least there we could move to the quiet pool but you can't even do that at POFQ since there is only one pool right?

I miss the days of laying out by the pool & listening to the resort music!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #2054
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Elliot was there last week when we were. Still putting on a good show. I wonder how old he is? He is quite the entertainer.
He has been at Disney World since the 70's when Disney moved him from Disneyland. He says that he has been playing the sax for 60 Years, another time he said he started when he was 6. He sure doesn't look it.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #2055
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

I don't understand why Disney continues to cut the services offered at POFQ. It is supposedly the most popular of the moderate resorts but yet it's full service restaurant was closed, marina closed, and bicycle rentals moved to POR. Now this entertainment cut.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: