Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #2371
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys
Okay! So excited. I really didn't want a Disney credit card BUT a debit card is a dif story! Just called and talked to a rep. You get discounts even with the debit card- 10% off stores of $50 or more spent. Free meet n greet with a complimentary photo at the parks! You can apply on phone or go straight to a chase location. I'm going to the location.

Thx for the great tip!!!!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #2372
Scootchu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Having a room only reservation is not saving a FD package room for you. There is absolutely no reason to keep that room only reservation. Cancel it, rebook under a package and when the November dates are released this summer, call and add the FD discount to your existing package reservation. Even if you ended up changed dates or rooms or resorts you would not have to cancel and rebook again and your package reservation number will stay the same.
Just so I am on the same page with the help I have received, I should have the package ready to go (booked), Room, Park Tickets, Dining. Then when the dates are released I have them just apply the FD Discount to the package rather than re-create the whole thing from scratch after cancelling "just the room"? That sounds like what I was looking to hear.
Scootchu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #2373
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootchu View Post
Just so I am on the same page with the help I have received, I should have the package ready to go (booked), Room, Park Tickets, Dining. Then when the dates are released I have them just apply the FD Discount to the package rather than re-create the whole thing from scratch after cancelling "just the room"? That sounds like what I was looking to hear.
You don't have to have dining added on, just room and tickets will work.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #2374
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootchu View Post

Yes, that is exactly what I meant :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #2375
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I think you have asked this multiple times, and yes you can still use the Disney Debit Visa to book the FD promo, you simply have to be able to put down the $200 minimum deposit/payment with the card.
Sorry if my asking is annoying you but i was getting conflicting information so i was trying to get a more clear anwser..so sorry to annoy you
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #2376
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
Sorry if my asking is annoying you but i was getting conflicting information so i was trying to get a more clear anwser..so sorry to annoy you
You are free to ask whatever you want to as often as you want to.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #2377
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You are free to ask whatever you want to as often as you want to.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #2378
wisconsinmama
Earning My Ears

If I use my Disney visa to book the entire package i get 6 months free financing correct? If this is true wouldn't it be a good idea to do that because then I get the reward dollars too?
wisconsinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #2379
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinmama View Post
If I use my Disney visa to book the entire package i get 6 months free financing correct? If this is true wouldn't it be a good idea to do that because then I get the reward dollars too?
Yes and yes.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2380
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
Okay! So excited. I really didn't want a Disney credit card BUT a debit card is a dif story! Just called and talked to a rep. You get discounts even with the debit card- 10% off stores of $50 or more spent. Free meet n greet with a complimentary photo at the parks! You can apply on phone or go straight to a chase location. I'm going to the location.

Thx for the great tip!!!!
do you guys think its worth it even if i dont have a branch close to where i live? How will I manage the account ?

I would really like to utilize this account as a savings for my disney vacations?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #2381
ngchiro
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Interesting.
ngchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #2382
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post

do you guys think its worth it even if i dont have a branch close to where i live? How will I manage the account ?

I would really like to utilize this account as a savings for my disney vacations?
They told me on the phone tht I could manage everything through the mail. By sending my cash in money order. She said it would take longer that way but can be done. She also put my zip code in her comp and brought up the closest chase branch to me.

And we get to pick from a few really cute Disney cards!!! ( cuz that's what really counts! Haha)
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #2383
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

Visa Debit Card

I went to the bank on Sat, and got one, I did not want the credit card as it could end up getting me in a lot of trouble. I went to the branch and opened an account, they set it up so that I can transfer funds from my regular checking account. If you call they will tell you that you can not do it over the phone, the chase that was near me was out of state but only 30 miles away. This way I will only spend what is in the account. Going in December hoping that we have free dining.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #2384
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I would feel better if I had a branch close by. There are a lot of fees involved. One of the fees being $12 a month. There were options. Like the $500 deposit every month. With no fees. But I would have to utilize this as my main bank account. Like I said if it was closer. Oh well
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #2385
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto
I would feel better if I had a branch close by. There are a lot of fees involved. One of the fees being $12 a month. There were options. Like the $500 deposit every month. With no fees. But I would have to utilize this as my main bank account. Like I said if it was closer. Oh well
There is a fee for the debit card?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: