Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
SparklesCupcake
"Fantasy and reality often overlap." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidale View Post
Wait, question: Are you still allowed to park hop with Fastpass+? I heard you couldn't park hop anymore, and I'm really hoping that's not true...
The way that the test worked was prior to arrival, you picked your times and attractions and received them later in the mail. These cards were independent of our park cards. So, if you didn't use them, they were just invalid at that point. The FP+ cards had nothing to do with the entering or exiting any of the parks. It sounds like the FP+ would be bracelets and I would imagine for the convenience of the guests, the bracelet would also include the park ticket as well an app on your phone to schedule, modify, and probably even cancel FP+. I'm sure that Disney has already thought of park hoppers and have figured out a way to allow park hopping. I would guess that if you don't attend your scheduled time for an attraction with FP+ it just becomes invalid like normal FP. As with the implementation of any new system, there will be a few kinks to work out, but Disney usually takes great care of their guests.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
abidale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesCupcake View Post

The way that the test worked was prior to arrival, you picked your times and attractions and received them later in the mail. These cards were independent of our park cards. So, if you didn't use them, they were just invalid at that point. The FP+ cards had nothing to do with the entering or exiting any of the parks. It sounds like the FP+ would be bracelets and I would imagine for the convenience of the guests, the bracelet would also include the park ticket as well an app on your phone to schedule, modify, and probably even cancel FP+. I'm sure that Disney has already thought of park hoppers and have figured out a way to allow park hopping. I would guess that if you don't attend your scheduled time for an attraction with FP+ it just becomes invalid like normal FP. As with the implementation of any new system, there will be a few kinks to work out, but Disney usually takes great care of their guests.
That's what I was hoping to hear Thanks! And you're so lucky to have been chosen for the test.
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #18
eaam
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
I'm a little ticked off about Disney's Fastpass+ and ADR-does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm just going to say now that this is the first time that I have been mad at Disney-not unforgivably mad, but rather like 'really? You're going to ruin my vacation for THIS?!-it's their new wristband and ADR stuff.
I like taking in the atmosphere of Disney dining, and having your food already prepared by the time you get there just doesn't work; you don't have the time to take it all in. I already know that we have missed out on certain places (chef Mickey's) as far as 4 months before because of their grand early booking.
And with the Fastpass and all that, we like to play it how we feel-what park we want to go to. If we are restricted to a certain park by having preplanned fastpasses, we can't change our mind. We like to park hop-and often times we end up going to a different park just because its how we feel. We just go with the flow, and I feel like having to be on a strict schedule is going to take the magic out of WDW.
I'm never mad at Disney. But I feel strongly about this. I miss you, Mr. Walt.

Is there anyone else who feel this way as well, or is it just me?
You're not alone... For all I've heard, FP+ seems to be a bad move. I'd say that Disney might frustrate especially those who spend more time at the parks: passholders and DVC members.

With good planing it's possible to have a lot of fun, even on a busy day like New Years Eve. We get at the MK very early, we know what we want do do, we plan ahead...
I'd say we're exactly the kind of guest Disney says FP+ is designed for. But we always get more than three FP's. Every time.
So being allowed only three FP+'s is disappointing... One park per day.... Hard to believe....

This will be our 7th consecutive New Year's Eve at the MK. And, honestly, if the rumors around FP+ are true, will be the last. At least for some time.

Unless the current FP system remains in place. Three FP+'s plus some regular FP's, that would change everything.....
eaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I've been to Disney World every year since 1992. I am so worried about this new fastpass system. "If it ain't broke don't fix it." I just don't understand why they would do this considering I have yet to hear 1 positive thing about it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: