Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
Disney Blues
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 141

There are plenty of "Disney Rumors" that have circulated around the Disboards and the [url]WWW..
What is the most reliable and is bound to become a reality? Carland in WDW, Starwars land, monsters Inc rollercoaster, Indiana Jones coaster, etc just to name a few...help me on the others
Disney Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
Disney Blues
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 141

I'm gonna say the star wars land is a safe bet, considering the investment
Disney Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 354

I would say that Pixar and Star Wars expansions are a safe bet.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
thegib95
Mouseketeer
 
thegib95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: StJoMo
Posts: 416

At this point any of the Hollywood Studios Rumors would be welcome in my book, I just want to see something new, and fresh in that park.
I personally cannot skip any park at all, but If I was in town for just a few days, I could skip HS and only miss a few things at this point, and I don't want to be true of any park.
__________________

Me DW DD (1.4.11)


Upcoming: Dec 2013 -SS (Maybe?!?! or BWV)
Past: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |
December 2013-AKL |
September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories
 
skater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegib95 View Post
At this point any of the Hollywood Studios Rumors would be welcome in my book, I just want to see something new, and fresh in that park.
I personally cannot skip any park at all, but If I was in town for just a few days, I could skip HS and only miss a few things at this point, and I don't want to be true of any park.

Oh yeah. This place needs something new so bad - and not something cheesy.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey'sApprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 4,477

I like the rumor about building a DVC resort with a back gate to DHS.
__________________
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,859

An expansion at DHS whether its cars or Star Wars or both. Whatever the expansion is its going to happen in the next couple of years. It pretty much has too DHS is just losing its appeal more and more. Also I think the rumor of the DHS name change is a safe bet to to just DIsney studios I think with an expansion that will come as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
super mike b
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 500

More Star Wars.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
johnGorski
Mouseketeer
 
johnGorski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 465

I would say star wars land for dhs . Announced 2016 open 2018.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,194

I would say Star Wars by 2016. I doubt they can have it time for Episode VII but they'd want it done as soon as possible to cash in on the new trilogy. I think Pixar Land would be a good bet too.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran
 
ChrisnKim913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 2 hours from the mouse
Posts: 630

Any type of expansion to HS would be a safe bet, I believe. Star Wars fits perfect there and with the investment in the film franchise and the releases of new movies in the next 5-7 years, I think a Star Wars Land would be very popular in the future plans. I also would expectMarvel to somehow be worked into Disney Springs... whether it's a retail store or a character/themed meal... something. Again with all the releases coming out in the next 5-7 years, this is also bound to be a huge money maker. They can't be included in the parks but they can use it in Disney Springs.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
DanBoris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Blues View Post
I'm gonna say the star wars land is a safe bet, considering the investment
I don't think you can make a connection between the investment and use in the theme parks. They will get a much faster return on that investment from the movies then they would from a theme park attraction. Look at Marvel. It was and equally large investment, it's been almost 4 years since the aquisition, Marvel movies have been doing great at the box office, but we still haven't seen any firm information about Marvel coming to the parks outside of Florida where it can be used.

As much as I would like to see a Star Wars land in DHS, my guess is that we will see a version of Carsland there first.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
PulsarIII
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 43

WDW will increase its ticket prices before July
PulsarIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran
 
ChrisnKim913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 2 hours from the mouse
Posts: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
I don't think you can make a connection between the investment and use in the theme parks. They will get a much faster return on that investment from the movies then they would from a theme park attraction. Look at Marvel. It was and equally large investment, it's been almost 4 years since the aquisition, Marvel movies have been doing great at the box office, but we still haven't seen any firm information about Marvel coming to the parks outside of Florida where it can be used.

As much as I would like to see a Star Wars land in DHS, my guess is that we will see a version of Carsland there first.
Actually about 4-5 weeks ago Hong Kong Disneyland announced its plans to add a Marvel Land to its park. The Stark Expo over at Disneyland in California has been one of the most popular things to do their in the last few weeks. Lines are wrapped around the building. It's just a matter of time before they are integrated more into the parks around the world. They just really have to be creative on how they work it into Disney World since it can't be in the parks.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
DanBoris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
Actually about 4-5 weeks ago Hong Kong Disneyland announced its plans to add a Marvel Land to its park. The Stark Expo over at Disneyland in California has been one of the most popular things to do their in the last few weeks. Lines are wrapped around the building. It's just a matter of time before they are integrated more into the parks around the world. They just really have to be creative on how they work it into Disney World since it can't be in the parks.
And then that announcement was quickly denied...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rvel-area-yet/

Not saying it won't happen, it's just that the theme park use of these properties is secondary, the bigger interest on Disney's part is the movies and merchansing.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.