Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #2926
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgrec View Post
Ugh. How does one stop Disney obsessing ?
I believe there's a 12 Step Program, but I don't want to take it.

I think you should just let Disney takes it's course. You'll be surprised at whatever you get.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #2927
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post

I think you should just let Disney takes it's course. You'll be surprised at whatever you get.
That's what I've decided I go to portorleans.org daily (sometimes more than once daily ) and obsess over which exact room location would be the best and what should I request and blah blah. In actuality, I really don't care. It's not going to make or break our trip. It's just something to "do" to pass the time
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #2928
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtNut View Post
Overall:
We would definitely stay at POR again. I would like to stay in a Mansion room next time we go - just for a change of decor.

I did take a lot of pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing if there is any interest. They just need to finish uploading onto photobucket.
Awesome mini trip report Thank you!!!!

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #2929
DisneyChick2013
Earning My Ears

We just booked our trip for August- can't wait! We are supposed to get a garden view room- but I really want it to be in the mansion section. I am not as big of a fan of the rustic furniture rooms. I'm wondering if most of the mansion rooms were refurbished when they added the Princess rooms, or just a few?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #2930
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChick2013 View Post
We just booked our trip for August- can't wait! We are supposed to get a garden view room- but I really want it to be in the mansion section. I am not as big of a fan of the rustic furniture rooms. I'm wondering if most of the mansion rooms were refurbished when they added the Princess rooms, or just a few?
All of the mansion rooms were refurbished.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #2931
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

With either free dining or room only discounts, can you still book a preferred room in AB?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #2932
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
With either free dining or room only discounts, can you still book a preferred room in AB?
If they happen to be available, and for your dates, yes. But they generally only make a certain number of rooms available for offers so it can be a bit hit-and-miss on getting a specific date and category.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #2933
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

Approx. how long is the boat ride from POR to downtown??

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #2934
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyshopper View Post
Approx. how long is the boat ride from POR to downtown??
About 20 minutes, but they do stop at French Quarter to pick up passengers, so it's possible it could be longer.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #2935
Rvillediser
Earning My Ears

Too much to ask for?

Hi there. Have been reading this forum for months in anticipation of our August trip. I have a river view room, top floor, corner, mansions, requested.....is that too much? We definitely want mansions, top floor, and paid for river view...but in reviewing Andre's great maps, it doesn't look like corner will be realistic....any opinions on these requests? Thanks!!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #2936
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

sold out for our trip

Just out of curiousity, I went to Disney's website today for our trip dates 5/26-6/1 for POR and it comes up SOLD OUT (nothing available), so I wonder if it really is or if other websites have the availability. I've never seen the whole resort being "not available for your dates". Glad we have reservations. Would there be a chance that they are overbooked and they would have to move people to another resort? I'd hate to have to go to another resort but if they would upgrade us to a deluxe, I wouldn't balk at that (we have two groups in our party, so two room reservations)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #2937
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quick question - we have stayed at POR 8 times now and never managed to go see yeehaw bob. I think I can picture where he performs, but I'm wondering if this is something I can bring the kids to or is it more for adults? They are 13, 11, and 8. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #2938
Viking Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Just out of curiousity, I went to Disney's website today for our trip dates 5/26-6/1 for POR and it comes up SOLD OUT (nothing available), so I wonder if it really is or if other websites have the availability. I've never seen the whole resort being "not available for your dates". Glad we have reservations. Would there be a chance that they are overbooked and they would have to move people to another resort? I'd hate to have to go to another resort but if they would upgrade us to a deluxe, I wouldn't balk at that (we have two groups in our party, so two room reservations)
I just tried reserving for a single room and it still shows POR being completely booked. I'm not surprised, between the 30% off deal, and the fact that those days are some of the busiest days at the parks (includes a couple of SWWs, Memorial Day, Gay Days at AK, HS, and MK).

I wouldn't worry about overbooking though. They don't tend to overbook the Moderates like the Values -- though I suppose anything is possible.

4/1998 Port Orleans Riverside • 5/2011 Offsite • 3/2012 Offsite • 5/2013 Offsite Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #2939
Viking Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
Quick question - we have stayed at POR 8 times now and never managed to go see yeehaw bob. I think I can picture where he performs, but I'm wondering if this is something I can bring the kids to or is it more for adults? They are 13, 11, and 8. Thanks!
Like most things in Disney, it's for both. Make sure your kids bring their autograph books to get his autograph! He calls the kids up on the little stage and has them dance to the music and then later has them parade with him through the lounge.

Also, if sitting at a table is important be sure to get there no later than 8.

4/1998 Port Orleans Riverside • 5/2011 Offsite • 3/2012 Offsite • 5/2013 Offsite Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #2940
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtNut View Post
My husband and I just returned from an 8 day, 7 night stay at POR. This was our first time staying on Disney property, and overall we were very pleased with our choice of Riverside.

I did take a lot of pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing if there is any interest. They just need to finish uploading onto photobucket.
wow!

Excellent report

DW and I are addicted to viewing pictures of POR so yes, interested in viewing those from you, never stayed and POR and want to learn/see all we can before arriving in August
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: