Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #2341
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I say no to all credit cards, so I got the Disney Visa Debit Card. Not many perks, but merchandise discounts and the ability to book some WDW discounts make it worth it for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
You can use the disney debit card to book the free dining on the 6th? Or is that just for the credit card holders?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #2342
difry
Earning My Ears

Am I crazy?

"FD will be offered for the USA market the details are release Date May9

yoiu can book from May 9, 2013 to September 15, 2013

Travel Dates (Arrivals):
September 2, 2013 - September 25, 2013"

So...considering the above. We have reservations for 5 adults (Me, hubby and daughter, son-in-law and son) for 9/29-10/4. We were hoping to get free dining...but it looks like we might have missed the current window.

I could wait and see if we get lucky for our dates...or...(and this is where I think I might be a bit high on pixie dust)...bump our check in date back to the 25th, get the free dining, and add additional days for what appears to be minimum cost (only about $300 difference from our current reservation). If our kids couldn't come down or take that much time (we always take 2 cars and drive down) Hubby and I could check in on the 25th and then meet them when they get there. (and then we would have so much food…10 days of free dining!).

So…10 days at Disney for the price of 6 with dining?

Is this totally psycho? We usually only go for a 5 day pass...I’ve always wondered what it would be like to actually have some relaxation time at Disney…

1974 – Contemporary Resort (Me and my family - most perfect family vacation ever!) --1975 – Campground (Him and his family)
1976 – Off Property (Me and my family…not as fun as the Contemporary) --1991 – Day pass to Magic Kingdom with our small children
2003 – Kid's Band Trip (No parents)-- 2006 – Downtown Disney Best Western (Just the 2 of us)--2007–Ft. Wilderness Cabins – just the 4 of us!
2009 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Gift from his parents –9 of us -- 2010 – Still not sure why we picked 2 days at Universal over Disney?
2011 – All Star Music – Daughter and new Husband Honeymoon at Disney -- 2013 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Now we are 5 : ) can’t wait!!!
difry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #2343
gmedolphin
Earning My Ears

Up Charge

Staying at Pop 9/15 to 9/20...All book we are going to add free dinning on the 9th..What would be the extra charge to do regular dinning plan instead of quick service??
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #2344
Scootchu
Earning My Ears

Just wow!

New member to this board, but not Disney and it amazes me how much more people know about Disney than I do. My family has made many a trip to Disney World either staying at one of the park hotels or at the main gate at the Doubletree.

Last year we stayed at The French Quarter and got FD in September. Can't say we were happy with the weather, hot, humid and stormy, but we had a great time none the less. This year we booked tentatively for Nov 15-23rd hoping it lines up with the FD dates from 2012. I am confused as to the best plan for coordinating the best possible deal. We booked the room at The Riverside for those dates in 2013, which now I have read is meaningless. We just don't want to be left twisting in the wind. So if someone has a ritual they follow and would like to share we sure would appreciate it.
Scott
Scootchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #2345
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post
If I booked using my discover, but want to use my girlfriends disney visa card to get in early fd, would they allow that?
If her name is on the reservation you can call and have them add the FD discount to your reservation, but you will have to put down a minimum $200 payment with the Disney Visa for them to apply the discount to your existing reservation.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #2346
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I keep having this horrible feeling that I won't be able to get my hands on free dining at a value or mod by the time it's available to the general public. I hope I'm just paranoid! My husband says no to Disney visa. It's been since 2006 since I had FD. It would be nice to have it on this trip since we are staying for 10 nights.
DV FD will have set amount of FD rooms st each resort and the general public FD promo will have a set number of FD rooms per resort. If a resort or room category sells out under the FD code does not necessarily mean it will sell out under the GP FD code.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #2347
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
You can use the disney debit card to book the free dining on the 6th? Or is that just for the credit card holders?
I think you have asked this multiple times, and yes you can still use the Disney Debit Visa to book the FD promo, you simply have to be able to put down the $200 minimum deposit/payment with the card.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #2348
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by difry View Post
"FD will be offered for the USA market the details are release Date May9

yoiu can book from May 9, 2013 to September 15, 2013

Travel Dates (Arrivals):
September 2, 2013 - September 25, 2013"

So...considering the above. We have reservations for 5 adults (Me, hubby and daughter, son-in-law and son) for 9/29-10/4. We were hoping to get free dining...but it looks like we might have missed the current window.

I could wait and see if we get lucky for our dates...or...(and this is where I think I might be a bit high on pixie dust)...bump our check in date back to the 25th, get the free dining, and add additional days for what appears to be minimum cost (only about $300 difference from our current reservation). If our kids couldn't come down or take that much time (we always take 2 cars and drive down) Hubby and I could check in on the 25th and then meet them when they get there. (and then we would have so much food…10 days of free dining!).

So…10 days at Disney for the price of 6 with dining?

Is this totally psycho? We usually only go for a 5 day pass...I’ve always wondered what it would be like to actually have some relaxation time at Disney…
You will have to check in by September 25 to take advantage of the upcoming FD promo. If you check in by the 25th, the last date of this promo, you can have the FD discount applied to your entire stay up to 14 nights.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #2349
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmedolphin View Post
Staying at Pop 9/15 to 9/20...All book we are going to add free dinning on the 9th..What would be the extra charge to do regular dinning plan instead of quick service??
About $18 per adult, per night and about $3 per child per night.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #2350
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootchu View Post
New member to this board, but not Disney and it amazes me how much more people know about Disney than I do. My family has made many a trip to Disney World either staying at one of the park hotels or at the main gate at the Doubletree.

Last year we stayed at The French Quarter and got FD in September. Can't say we were happy with the weather, hot, humid and stormy, but we had a great time none the less. This year we booked tentatively for Nov 15-23rd hoping it lines up with the FD dates from 2012. I am confused as to the best plan for coordinating the best possible deal. We booked the room at The Riverside for those dates in 2013, which now I have read is meaningless. We just don't want to be left twisting in the wind. So if someone has a ritual they follow and would like to share we sure would appreciate it.
Scott
The October - December free dining dates are not released until usually July, sometimes August. When those promo dates are announced, you will be able to call and have the FD discount added to your existing reservation.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #2351
difry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You will have to check in by September 25 to take advantage of the upcoming FD promo. If you check in by the 25th, the last date of this promo, you can have the FD discount applied to your entire stay up to 14 nights.
That's what I"m thinking. We could drive down on the 25th and check in and not rush to do anything...it really sounds kinda nice.

1974 – Contemporary Resort (Me and my family - most perfect family vacation ever!) --1975 – Campground (Him and his family)
1976 – Off Property (Me and my family…not as fun as the Contemporary) --1991 – Day pass to Magic Kingdom with our small children
2003 – Kid's Band Trip (No parents)-- 2006 – Downtown Disney Best Western (Just the 2 of us)--2007–Ft. Wilderness Cabins – just the 4 of us!
2009 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Gift from his parents –9 of us -- 2010 – Still not sure why we picked 2 days at Universal over Disney?
2011 – All Star Music – Daughter and new Husband Honeymoon at Disney -- 2013 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Now we are 5 : ) can’t wait!!!
difry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #2352
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootchu View Post

Scott
Not sure what you mean by "meaningless", but if you have just booked a room only reservation, then that reservation would have to be canceled and rebooked as a package to take advantage of a free dining deal. It will be 2-3 months before the November deals come out. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #2353
Johnnyry129
Earning My Ears

Military Info?

Hello all, I am going on 9/3-9/7. I booked a room only with a military discount. For military personnel, we are allowed to book room only and still obtain the dining plan, due to the nature of how we receive our tickets with the discount.

Does anyone know If I am eligible to receive free dining under the circumstances outlined above?

Thanks for any help!
Johnnyry129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #2354
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyry129 View Post
Hello all, I am going on 9/3-9/7. I booked a room only with a military discount. For military personnel, we are allowed to book room only and still obtain the dining plan, due to the nature of how we receive our tickets with the discount.

Does anyone know If I am eligible to receive free dining under the circumstances outlined above?

Thanks for any help!

In order to take advantage of free dining, you must pay full price for your room and purchase a minimum 2 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation ages 3 and up. You would have to do the math to see if it is better for you to do the military discount and purchase the dining plan or do the FD package.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #2355
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyry129 View Post

Thanks for any help!
No, you can't stack discounts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: