Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #2326
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran
 
JennyMP03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 774

I'm anxious. Is it still probable that October will include a free dining offer as well? Forgive my need for assurance. I could switch to September if needed but prefer October.
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #2327
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMP03 View Post
I'm anxious. Is it still probable that October will include a free dining offer as well? Forgive my need for assurance. I could switch to September if needed but prefer October.
The October - December free dining dates are not announced annually until July, sometimes August.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #2328
okienick
Mouseketeer
 
okienick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 118

When will we know for sure that it is available to book for Disney visa holders? What's the best place to check?
__________________


It all started with a mouse...
okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #2329
okienick
Mouseketeer
 
okienick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 118

The sept dates, I mean.
__________________


It all started with a mouse...
okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #2330
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
When will we know for sure that it is available to book for Disney visa holders? What's the best place to check?
Word is the DV FD offer will open May 6, but it will be all over this board a day or two before.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #2331
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran
 
JennyMP03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The October - December free dining dates are not announced annually until July, sometimes August.
Oh, that seems such a long time to wait! Thank you for the information though.
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #2332
okienick
Mouseketeer
 
okienick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Word is the DV FD offer will open May 6, but it will be all over this board a day or two before.
Awesome. Thanks!
__________________


It all started with a mouse...
okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #2333
dig311dug
Earning My Ears
 
dig311dug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45

If I booked using my discover, but want to use my girlfriends disney visa card to get in early fd, would they allow that?
dig311dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #2334
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran
 
JennyMP03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 774

Would you all recommend waiting until free dining is announced for my dates to book, or to go ahead and book then call, cancel, and re-book with the free dining plan added (if that is allowed)?
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #2335
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMP03 View Post
Would you all recommend waiting until free dining is announced for my dates to book, or to go ahead and book then call, cancel, and re-book with the free dining plan added (if that is allowed)?
Not much benefit to book now. You'd still have to call back and if your room wasn't eligible you'd have to rebook a different room anyway.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #2336
Nigel Channing
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 57

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of rooms one person can book with Free Dining on one Disney Visa? We have 4 families planning on going together in September and 2 different Disney Visa holders. Booking together would be ideal but we can have 2 call, if necessary.
Nigel Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #2337
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran
 
JennyMP03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Not much benefit to book now. You'd still have to call back and if your room wasn't eligible you'd have to rebook a different room anyway.
Thank you for the advice! I wondered if it perhaps would prevent a potential scenario where I called to get Free Dining with Pop Century hotel but all rooms were already taken for the promotion.
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #2338
Christine71611
WDW at least once a year!!
 
Christine71611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Channing View Post
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of rooms one person can book with Free Dining on one Disney Visa? We have 4 families planning on going together in September and 2 different Disney Visa holders. Booking together would be ideal but we can have 2 call, if necessary.
The max number of rooms that can be booked on 1 DV is three. You can still book all 4 rooms on one call to Disney but just use two different credit cards. We do it every year and it works fine!
__________________
Christine71611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #2339
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on
 
daisy_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,195

I keep having this horrible feeling that I won't be able to get my hands on free dining at a value or mod by the time it's available to the general public. I hope I'm just paranoid! My husband says no to Disney visa. It's been since 2006 since I had FD. It would be nice to have it on this trip since we are staying for 10 nights.
__________________
Our family: UsDD 9DS 1...one on the way 8-10-14!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #2340
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.
 
EPCOTatNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 2,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I keep having this horrible feeling that I won't be able to get my hands on free dining at a value or mod by the time it's available to the general public. I hope I'm just paranoid! My husband says no to Disney visa. It's been since 2006 since I had FD. It would be nice to have it on this trip since we are staying for 10 nights.
I say no to all credit cards, so I got the Disney Visa Debit Card. Not many perks, but merchandise discounts and the ability to book some WDW discounts make it worth it for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)





EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: