Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #31
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoodlesNoodles View Post
HI all, so I know there's only one week left of April left (how did that happen??) But anyone mind if I join? Since splitting with my partner last year I have gained an uncomfortable amount of weight and want to get back down to my size 14's.
Today was the first day of the diet and daily exercise routine (and boy were those ab crunches HARD!).
Hey Loodles! :wave Of course you can join in with us, everyone is welcome, no matter what time of the month it is. Weíll have a new May thread started by Mandy soon too, so youíll be able to hop on there too

Which diet are you doing? And well done on your exercise! Iíve been doing My Fitness Pal on my phone, which is calorie counting and it seems to be working great. My partner also left me last year and I also needed to shift my baby weight from last year also, so I know exactly how hard it is after that happens. I hope youíre in a better place now and can focus on yourself more

Looking forward to seeing you about on the threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
This month has been difficult for me to shift any more weight off, I know that it's good not to put any back on but I seem to be in a rut and can't get my metabolism kick started. I still try to eat heathy foods and keep up with exercising (despite my blood disorder causing painful feet and ulcers) . Maybe it's stress related I just don't know. Only you girls (and the men) can relate to how frustrating this can be. Our next vacation still seems a while away yet and I am sticking in with my college course which can often be frustrating too ( little things always going wrong week after week) and I am not looking forward to the final exam in June (kids get 2 years of study before they take it we cram it in in a few weeks ) eek:/ I will keep trying to lose some weight but we will see...
Ah wifey, sounds like a tough month But we all have them and Iím sure if youíve put some back on, then itíll come off again soon enough once youíre sorted. I totally relate to how frustrating it can be though, my weight has always been a constant battle for me from being in my teens, I can put it back on so easily without even realising. Iím hoping doing it the way I am now will help me keep it off in the long run this time.

Sounds like youíve got pressure months coming up too with exams and college, which never helps, as you just grab things in between cramming in all the revision. Still, least you have a holiday to look forward to at the end of it all and Iím sure, whatever weight youíre at, that will be a fantastic trip!

Hereís hoping you can remain positive and weíre always about on the group if you need some encouragement and a little vent if itís a bad day. Hugs to you!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #32
saddler andy
Mouseketeer

I am at a comfortable 11St 7lbs, when I was over 12st in Jan.

I am now happy with my wieght I just wish to tone up, insanity is working wonders.

I eat ALOT of fruit and mainly soup and/or Porridge.
2005 - Embassy Suites
2009 - Emerald Island
2011 - Windsor Hills
2013 - ?

UK SPENDING GAME NUMBER 22
saddler andy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #33
wifey
DIS Veteran

Tinks1984 thank you for your support, and Mandymouse too.. Good luck everyone for a great week next week.. Pixie dust on it's way to anyone who is struggling and keep thinking positive it does help to have your mind in a good place when the going gets tough

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #34
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Well I managed to lose 2lbs over the past week so I'm happy.

This week hasn't got off to a promising start though as I've now got Tonsillitis. Forgot quite how much it hurt! So definitely not up for exercising at the moment as I'm feeling lousy. Hopefully in a day or so I'll feel better and in the mean time maybe the fact that its painful to eat will prevent me eating too much
Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #35
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Well done everyone that has lost weight in the past week, I have been really struggling, I gave up smoking 18 months ago mainly because I couldn't afford it, however 6 months after quitting I was diagnosed with Asthma and subsequently a mild form of COPD.

Whilst smoking I never had problems breathing or ever had a cough but I fell into the unlucky tiny percentage of people that develop Asthma once giving up smoking, but I would never ever go back.

Im now on daily steroids which doesn't help with the weight and to top it off I absolutely love my food.

However I have recently discovered walking, I now try and walk at least 12 miles a week and I'm trying to increase that as time allows. Ive lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks and I'm loving it. Ive seen some lovely areas around my home town that I haven't seen before even though Ive lived here all my life because I always drove everywhere.

Im doing this mainly to strengthen my lungs but the losing weight part is an added bonus for me, and I just thought I would pop on and share this with you

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #36
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
Well done everyone that has lost weight in the past week, I have been really struggling, I gave up smoking 18 months ago mainly because I couldn't afford it, however 6 months after quitting I was diagnosed with Asthma and subsequently a mild form of COPD.

Whilst smoking I never had problems breathing or ever had a cough but I fell into the unlucky tiny percentage of people that develop Asthma once giving up smoking, but I would never ever go back.

Im now on daily steroids which doesn't help with the weight and to top it off I absolutely love my food.

However I have recently discovered walking, I now try and walk at least 12 miles a week and I'm trying to increase that as time allows. Ive lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks and I'm loving it. Ive seen some lovely areas around my home town that I haven't seen before even though Ive lived here all my life because I always drove everywhere.

Im doing this mainly to strengthen my lungs but the losing weight part is an added bonus for me, and I just thought I would pop on and share this with you
Well done on the giving up smoking! My MIL did a few years back and like you had a few health problems as a result. Unfortunately she didn't have your determination and went straight back to smoking.

I suffered with mild asthma as a child and exercise really helped me, so fingers crossed it gets you good results xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: