Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #22
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

My wife and I always do the Deluxe Dining plan. We are foodies though.

It is about $99 per person per day or around $1200 extra that we pay on for our trip but I have saved all of the receipts from our meals and snacks and on average if we were to spend o.o.p. we would spend around $1350-$1400 per trip. Sure if we paid o.o.p. we would not get an appetizer and dessert at every lunch and dinner but that's the point of a vacation. Splurge a little and just pay for the tips at the end of the meal.

The thing we also like about the Deluxe plan is that if we want to do signature dining or a dinner show it's 2 meals per person. We do not eat breakfast most of the days we are at WDW so we can do Spirit of Aloha, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and/or Hoop Dee Doo Revue and still eat at all of the other eateries that we want. With the exception of Japan and China (next on our list of places to eat) we have eaten at every eatery at Epcot. We just have to eat at Be Our Guest to knock out every eatery at MK. I'm not saying that you couldn't do that without a dining plan but it's nice only having to carry around tip cash.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: