DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #61
brertoad
DIS Veteran

I haven't checked in with the front desk staff, I didn't know that was mandatory (?). It's bad that a PP had problems at the front desk, they had to go through a huge hassle for something that they are entitled to do per the DVC perks. If we pool hop and they check our creditials, I have our KTTW and DVC cards. I like the WL quiet pool. It's a long walk to the front desk at WL, I recently had a back injury last year, so walking to the desk is an inconvenience. I could see how people traveling by bus should check with the desk. But, we always tell the security gaurd when we enter the parking lot, we show our KTTW and DVC card, our parking permit is on our dashboard as well for the resort we are staying at and say we are going to use the pool. We follow the rules, we do not pool hop during blocked dates, and the pools are never near capacity. We are always quiet and respectful of others, which is how people should be anyways. My DH brings a book if he is not swimming and will read.

If everyone was honest, it wouldn't be a problem, I police myself. Just as other honest people do, like the OP, who told her sister that pool hopping when not staying on property isn't allowed. The more security checkers they add, like at BC/YC, or gates, etc. the higher the maintainance fees get for DVC members as well, since we cover those costs in our dues.

If they offered some DVC activities membership like for gym access and pool access year round I would extra pay for that OOP. Don't know if that is even feasible, maybe one day, who knows.

Last edited by brertoad; 04-28-2013 at 05:51 PM.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #62
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Personally I just wish they would do away with it completely.

Nothing fair about it.

Not fair to DVC members staying at BWV that can't hop to BVC but they can.

Or VWL members who can't hop to BLT, but they can.

It should be open at all pools or not at all, and I definitely do not think it is fair to the paying resort guest.
I agree with this! I

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #63
Arthur27
Go Gators!

Where is the like button for the previous post?

Me The hot wife Chris Dino
Arthur27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #64
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brertoad View Post
I haven't checked in with the front desk staff, I didn't know that was mandatory (?). It's bad that a PP had problems at the front desk, they had to go through a huge hassle for something that they are entitled to do per the DVC perks. If we pool hop and they check our creditials, I have our KTTW and DVC cards. I like the WL quiet pool. It's a long walk to the front desk at WL, I recently had a back injury last year, so walking to the desk is an inconvenience. I could see how people traveling by bus should check with the desk. But, we always tell the security gaurd when we enter the parking lot, we show our KTTW and DVC card, our parking permit is on our dashboard as well for the resort we are staying at and say we are going to use the pool. We follow the rules, we do not pool hop during blocked dates, and the pools are never near capacity. We are always quiet and respectful of others, which is how people should be anyways. My DH brings a book if he is not swimming and will read.

If everyone was honest, it wouldn't be a problem, I police myself. Just as other honest people do, like the OP, who told her sister that pool hopping when not staying on property isn't allowed. The more security checkers they add, like at BC/YC, or gates, etc. the higher the maintainance fees get for DVC members as well, since we cover those costs in our dues.

If they offered some DVC activities membership like for gym access and pool access year round I would extra pay for that OOP. Don't know if that is even feasible, maybe one day, who knows.
Here's the wording from the current info
Quote:
Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.
Past versions have included the need to call ahead but that wording is missing now. It's also possible one could be told no only to be asked to leave later due to capacity concerns.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #65
rtod5
Earning My Ears

?????
When I am staying at my BCV, what possible reason would I have to want to visit the BWV pool ?????????
rtod5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #66
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtod5 View Post
?????
When I am staying at my BCV, what possible reason would I have to want to visit the BWV pool ?????????
Because you like scary clowns?

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #67
rtod5
Earning My Ears

You shouldn't talk about their owners that way !!!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #68
fishermouse
DVC owner SSR/AKV

Since are not staying at a dvc resort your sister is on her own if she wants to "trespass" at a disney property, you are in no way associated with or responsible for her,

fishermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #69
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
?????
LOL. I'm with you on that one. That's one of the reasons we bought at BCV to be honest. I love their pool.

And I agree with pp as well. Make it open to all to pool hop, or nobody.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #70
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

I don't understand why someone who does not even own DVC is so upset and bent out of shape about the ability or lack there of, of pool hopping! Some people need a reality check!

Personnaly the distance from my villa to the resort pool is far enough, going to another resort to use theirs has never been a consideration nor a desire!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #71
Starr W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
Just got off the phone with my sister(wow that didn't go well). She said because I was being such a *****, that they are now not coming with us.
I held my temper and said I was not being a *****, it's just the rules of DVC. I have emailed her the section(My DH found it in the rules) to her,so the ball is in her court.
I have also called the Hotel and changed the # of people on the reservation(she told me in not so nice words, I was to MOVE her and her DH from the reservation).
If she calls me back (which she will) in the next week of so ,about added them back on the reservation, I'm simple going to tell her(very nicely) that she will have to make her own reservations.
Thanks to all for your advice.

tigger2ntinkerbell
Saw your title and had to see this. I have to vent about my sister on a frequent basis!

We have given up on my sister travelling with us(some here know she goes by the nickname Trip Killer or TK for short).
Starr W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #72
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr W. View Post
(some here know she goes by the nickname Trip Killer or TK for short).
You finished me off, these people do live amongst us!

I have a friend refferred to as "BK" Buzz Kill! She can ruin a party, a week-end... with just a look! We draw straws at who get's to be in the car with her!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
Starr W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
You finished me off, these people do live amongst us!

I have a friend refferred to as "BK" Buzz Kill! She can ruin a party, a week-end... with just a look! We draw straws at who get's to be in the car with her!
Well I may call her "calendar killer" aka CK this week. Supposedly her doctor rescheduled her appointment 1st from mid May, to tomorrow am(this was about 2 weeks ago). now I get a call this evening it's Wednesday am. Since she doesn't drive, it would have been nice if she checked to see if I had anything to do other than drive her.
Starr W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #74
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
?????
actual swimming rather than "shoulder wading", lounging on chairs rather than walking around (and around) looking for one, reading and/or relaxing, strolling over to community hall for ping-pong, conversing with strangers & being able to hear one another

btw, we own at both BCV and BWV. SAB is too noisy, crowded & chaotic, akin a "town pool", for our tastes, and the only pool on property we avoid.

the other resort pools are more like the one we have at home, even when we have big parties
Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #75
rtod5
Earning My Ears

My dear LSchrow,
You seem to be very defensive about your BWV pool and yet know very little about the SAB swimming areas even though you supposedly belong there.
I guess your love of all things BWV, as expressed in your signature ,while saying nothing about BCV is just a mistake.
Send in the clowns.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: