Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #166
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I was sweating like crazy. The only modified move I did was the last side plank thing. I don't know if I was sweating so much because it's warmer today (and warmer in my house) or because I am so tired & I was tired doing it today. But, I really like level 3. 9 more days and I do not know what I'm going to do next. I may start running again and do some other dvd on my off running days. When DSs are done with soccer, I am going to head back to the gym for a circuit training class that is exactly like 30ds except for all the ab exercises are the last 10 minutes of the hour long class.
I did it!! I added in three non modified moves and I sweated profusely!!! On the other levels I was able to get a sweat from even the modified moves, but the modified on these are not as sweat moving...the only one I stayed with modified was the one with the weights and leg lifts, and the last one with the side lifts...the rest I don't know how I did it, I'm carrying an extra 40-45 pounds so my 'jump' is not quite the leap they show...but boy did I sweat!! I think these last 8 workouts will make a big impact on my April weight loss goals!! Excited to see what comes!!

I've decided to do Ripped in 30 next...then after another 10-15 pounds I'll try to go for a longer one...but May is my busiest month so need to stick to a 30 minute daily...
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #167
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290

That's so awesome guys! I sweat so bad it literally drips off me! So gross. The move that gets me is the traveling pushups. I either barely move down or I do the girlie kind. I just can't do push ups! I have two more days, can't believe it. I definitely gained a little muscle with this, even my husband told me my legs look more defined. YAY!!! But next month I am going to start jogging more. I need to do more cardio and really work on my junk food intake. I need to lose my gut. I have Ripped too, so I may do it every other day alternating with jogging. I can walk on ripped days. Good luck everyone!! We're so close, lets finish this thing!!
__________________
GoofyPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #168
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I did it!! I added in three non modified moves and I sweated profusely!!! On the other levels I was able to get a sweat from even the modified moves, but the modified on these are not as sweat moving...the only one I stayed with modified was the one with the weights and leg lifts, and the last one with the side lifts...the rest I don't know how I did it, I'm carrying an extra 40-45 pounds so my 'jump' is not quite the leap they show...but boy did I sweat!! I think these last 8 workouts will make a big impact on my April weight loss goals!! Excited to see what comes!!

I've decided to do Ripped in 30 next...then after another 10-15 pounds I'll try to go for a longer one...but May is my busiest month so need to stick to a 30 minute daily...
Yay for you! My thighs are screaming after all those jump moves (especially the jump lunges...ooowwwweeeee)! That's great because that's where I'd like to lose it the most. May is my busy month as well. I may try some Ripped in 30 on my off days of running. I think I'll look for the video online & check it out tonight. I need to fit in yoga again, too. I have a dvd with two 20 minute routines and I love it. I may have to do it before work. It's so relaxing and my muscles feel so much better after yoga.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyPredsFan View Post
That's so awesome guys! I sweat so bad it literally drips off me! So gross. The move that gets me is the traveling pushups. I either barely move down or I do the girlie kind. I just can't do push ups! I have two more days, can't believe it. I definitely gained a little muscle with this, even my husband told me my legs look more defined. YAY!!! But next month I am going to start jogging more. I need to do more cardio and really work on my junk food intake. I need to lose my gut. I have Ripped too, so I may do it every other day alternating with jogging. I can walk on ripped days. Good luck everyone!! We're so close, lets finish this thing!!
This is what I am thinking of doing. I'd like to get running again and do a dvd on my off days. I just wish my May schedule wasn't so jammed packed. I can run 3 days a week and if it's pouring rain like today, I can't just make up for it the next day. I'm not an all weather runner So, I end up all wacky on my Jeff Galloway 5k app.

How's everyone else doing? I feel like I have 8 days left and I can't even remember starting. Thanks so much for all the support. I really haven't lost weight (well, 3 pounds but probably gained that back after I splurged on pizza and a couple cookies for dinner last night). I'm hoping to see a difference in my measurements. DH says that I look more toned. I definitely feel more toned, that's for sure

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #169
McDuck
DIS Veteran
 
McDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 731

My back has been bothering me on level 3 so I have had a couple down days. Going to do it this evening. I am going back to my running next month with Shred on the off days. One level per week, I think. I really have appreciated the support here!!!!
__________________
Jennie*~*~*~* Proud Navy Wife *~*~*~* 2013 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher <--MY FIRST HALF! , Glass Slipper Challenge: Enchanted 10K & Princess Half Marathon 2014 FINISHER
IN TRAINING: Inaugural Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon & Coast to Coast!
First Drop in the Bucket List: Marathon Weekend 2013 Trip Report!

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #170
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
My back has been bothering me on level 3 so I have had a couple down days. Going to do it this evening. I am going back to my running next month with Shred on the off days. One level per week, I think. I really have appreciated the support here!!!!
Jennie, if you have a back brace it really helps stabilize it on some of the plank poses....the situp version they do is awful on your back...avoid that and substitute more scissor kicks or bicycle kicks...hope your back feels better!

I am going to go ahead and do a 2nd round tonight...I have to get up earlier than I thought and afraid to do the exercises then jump in a car for 4 hours, my hamstrings will draw up...so will stretch good tonight after doing day 3 tonight....hopefully, all the walking I'll get in tomorrow will really help!

Does anyone know if Ripped is on Youtube, is it just the same everyday or are there levels like there are with 30DS?
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #171
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290

Ripped says it is four 24 minute workouts in the same 3-2-1 format as Shred. I do not know if it is on youtube or not though.
__________________
GoofyPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #172
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post

Jennie, if you have a back brace it really helps stabilize it on some of the plank poses....the situp version they do is awful on your back...avoid that and substitute more scissor kicks or bicycle kicks...hope your back feels better!

I am going to go ahead and do a 2nd round tonight...I have to get up earlier than I thought and afraid to do the exercises then jump in a car for 4 hours, my hamstrings will draw up...so will stretch good tonight after doing day 3 tonight....hopefully, all the walking I'll get in tomorrow will really help!

Does anyone know if Ripped is on Youtube, is it just the same everyday or are there levels like there are with 30DS?
I think it's actually 4 workouts? It's the same format though. 3-2-1. I watched the week 1 and 2 on YouTube last night & today. Some moves are the same as Shred & some are different. I think I'll try that next since May is busy. Then this summer I may try something else & head back to the gym.

Level 3 day 3 complete. My legs felt weak by the end. I swear those jump lunges will be the deal of me!!
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #173
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I think it's actually 4 workouts? It's the same format though. 3-2-1. I watched the week 1 and 2 on YouTube last night & today. Some moves are the same as Shred & some are different. I think I'll try that next since May is busy. Then this summer I may try something else & head back to the gym.

Level 3 day 3 complete. My legs felt weak by the end. I swear those jump lunges will be the deal of me!!
Thanks!! I went to bed last night and woke up at 5am to do my workout...still committed! Then drove 4 hours to Auburn for a campus visit with 3 Juniors...I went to Auburn but I swear I could go back and choose a new career! I think I want to go back and major in Civil Engineering!! It looked sooo cool! The people were just as they were when I was there, so genuine, friendly and nice...a lot has changed in 25 years but the people are still so happy to be there and the campus is so beautiful...we missed our transit bus and I convinced them all to walk into campus...what I 'remembered' as being just a 10 minute walk, was a 2 mile sprint to the center of campus...I think we walked over 5 miles today..I had a taco salad with mostly veggies and one single taco for dinner...missed my spinach smoothie...sooo tired and long day tomorrow!

Only 6 more days to go to final weigh in!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #174
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290

DID IT!!! I finished all 30 days! Unfortunately I didn't lose any weight, but I cannot be prouder of myself for meeting this goal! Starting tomorrow I will continue working out (I think this helped me feel like I need exercise every day) and I'm going to focus more on improving my eating. Thanks to everyone. I'll be here cheering you guys who are finishing up on!!
__________________
GoofyPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #175
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyPredsFan View Post
DID IT!!! I finished all 30 days! Unfortunately I didn't lose any weight, but I cannot be prouder of myself for meeting this goal! Starting tomorrow I will continue working out (I think this helped me feel like I need exercise every day) and I'm going to focus more on improving my eating. Thanks to everyone. I'll be here cheering you guys who are finishing up on!!
YOU GO GIRL!! You know that you had to have put on muscle weight, so I bet you did lose fat pounds in exchange!!! They will burn more off for you this week! That is awesome!! I still have 6 more to go and then I'll be ready for my final weigh in..going to make these last days work for me! I hope!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #176
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
YOU GO GIRL!! You know that you had to have put on muscle weight, so I bet you did lose fat pounds in exchange!!! They will burn more off for you this week! That is awesome!! I still have 6 more to go and then I'll be ready for my final weigh in..going to make these last days work for me! I hope!
Thanks so much! I'm still cheering you on too!
__________________
GoofyPredsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #177
nellyru
Mouseketeer
 
nellyru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Hope, MN
Posts: 252

Thumbs up

I am so proud of us!!!

Let's keep it moving.

Even if we aren't all doing the same thing- if anyone is still interested let's still keep checking in with each other?!?!?

I've started doing something different pretty much every day.

I found this great Youtube channel called BeFit.

TONS of free exercise videos.

Also, Pinterest has a lot of links to different videos online that are free.

I tried Zumba my first time last week. It was CRAZY! Move, move, move.
I loved it. Sweat dripping down my back when I was done.

I will for sure do it again!

Oh.... and we have OFFICIALLY booked our next trip to Walt Disney World!!!

It is going to be a Christmas present surprise from our Shelf on the Elf, Santa and us (Mom and Dad) to our three kids!!!

So excited.

I hope to have lost at least 20lbs by the day we leave.

Having this board is just one more way to stay on track.


Thanks, Disers!!!

nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #178
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyPredsFan View Post
DID IT!!! I finished all 30 days! Unfortunately I didn't lose any weight, but I cannot be prouder of myself for meeting this goal! Starting tomorrow I will continue working out (I think this helped me feel like I need exercise every day) and I'm going to focus more on improving my eating. Thanks to everyone. I'll be here cheering you guys who are finishing up on!!
Whoop! Great job! Thanks for all the inspiration & encouragement. I'll be finishing soon & I'm so proud of everyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyru View Post
I am so proud of us!!!

Let's keep it moving.

Even if we aren't all doing the same thing- if anyone is still interested let's still keep checking in with each other?!?!?

I've started doing something different pretty much every day.

I found this great Youtube channel called BeFit.

TONS of free exercise videos.

Also, Pinterest has a lot of links to different videos online that are free.

I tried Zumba my first time last week. It was CRAZY! Move, move, move.
I loved it. Sweat dripping down my back when I was done.

I will for sure do it again!

Oh.... and we have OFFICIALLY booked our next trip to Walt Disney World!!!

It is going to be a Christmas present surprise from our Shelf on the Elf, Santa and us (Mom and Dad) to our three kids!!!

So excited.

I hope to have lost at least 20lbs by the day we leave.

Having this board is just one more way to stay on track.


Thanks, Disers!!!

Congrats! I'll be checking in because I'm a few days behind. You had me cracking up with "Shelf on the Elf." I'm hoping the poor elf doesn't have a shelf in him. It might scare the kids Nothing's better motivation that a Disney vacation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I usually workout at 3:00 & did my workout at 9:00 pm. Ugh. I hate working out this late & now my belly doesn't feel good But, I did it & I'm only a few days away from completing. I better start looking for new workout shoes as my reward for 30 days of hard work

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #179
nellyru
Mouseketeer
 
nellyru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Hope, MN
Posts: 252

Cool Shelf on the Elf!



That is super funny! Totally missed that I had done that.

From now on- I'm saying the Shelf has control.
Take that Elf!!
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #180
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,474

Here to urge on the stragglers or late comers!! I have today and then 3 more days of 30DS, have not missed a single workout! Let's finish this gang!!

CONGRATS to all who have finished already! WOO HOO!

I FINALLY could do the up and down on the elbows in a full plank position without going to my knees yesterday, it burned like heck, but I made it through...I still have to do my knees on that one with the weights but I do that just because putting pressure on my weights hurts my hand if I don't...I still modify the Rocky situps, so hard on my back, so I do double crunches pulling my knees in and my shoulders up for that segment...

Ready for Ripped in 30 and printed out her meal plan so I'll stick to that as closely as I can!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: