Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #3316
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
MeMom has posted wonderful WL/VWL interior photos on the Photo Thread HERE. They're a great way to start your Sunday off right
Thank you ma'am!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #3317
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Talking

Someone has a new ticker. It's another Sea Raycer Split! (As GrandCalifornian refers to it). Yes, I saved the best for last

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 04-28-2013 at 04:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #3318
SABeasley98
Earning My Ears

We are booked to stay at the lodge for the first time this October! I'm slowly making my way through this thread so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked. We booked a standard room-should I make a specific room request (are some standard rooms better than others?). I know there were recent renovations there-was the entire resort renovated or just a part? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #3319
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Someone has a new ticker. It's another Sea Raycer Split! (As GrandCalifornian refers to it). Yes, I saved the best for last
Yay! I am honored, excited for you, (and just a little jealous too). That should be a great trip!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #3320
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABeasley98 View Post
We are booked to stay at the lodge for the first time this October! I'm slowly making my way through this thread so I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked. We booked a standard room-should I make a specific room request (are some standard rooms better than others?). I know there were recent renovations there-was the entire resort renovated or just a part? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Welcome to the thread!

Every WL room was renovated. Some who book a STD View room request a high floor, such as the 5th, in the North Wing since you can see some of Wishes from that wing. However, the North Wing STD rooms do have the service area below (photos on the first page) and the delivery trucks do make some beeping noises as they back up. The South Wing STD View rooms have a view of the bus stop/VWL/FW woods in the distance and parking lot off to the right.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Yay! I am honored, excited for you, (and just a little jealous too). That should be a great trip!
Thank you, but don't be even a little jealous, your trip is coming up soon and you get to go when the crowds are low. Have you and DW made your ADRs yet? DH considered taking the Blue Flag over with DD, but then he'd miss out on the "welcome home" greeting out front.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #3321
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Thank you, but don't be even a little jealous, your trip is coming up soon and you get to go when the crowds are low. Have you and DW made your ADRs yet? DH considered taking the Blue Flag over with DD, but then he'd miss out on the "welcome home" greeting out front.
Ahh, just the fact your trip is sooner makes it worthy of a little envy, and spending time at CR looks like fun, but we are super excited to spend another 10 days settled in to WL.

We did our ADRs at the 180 day mark and got everything we wanted. We will get to try Be Our Guest for the first time, along with a lot of places we have never been before, and of course Trail's End!

We'll be watching for updates on your trip and it will make us even more excited for ours. Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #3322
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Checkin this sat for 6 nights WL w a last night at CP tpv

Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #3323
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Ahh, just the fact your trip is sooner makes it worthy of a little envy, and spending time at CR looks like fun, but we are super excited to spend another 10 days settled in to WL.

We did our ADRs at the 180 day mark and got everything we wanted. We will get to try Be Our Guest for the first time, along with a lot of places we have never been before, and of course Trail's End!

We'll be watching for updates on your trip and it will make us even more excited for ours. Enjoy!
And I look forward to reading your TR after our trip is over - makes me feel back at home

BoG is now a coveted ADR, much like Le Cellier and CRT used to be, so congrats on securing it. We're going to try it as a QS for lunch and of course, I have a breakfast and dinner ADR for TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
Checkin this sat for 6 nights WL w a last night at CP tpv
YAY! Are you all packed? You're almost doing the reverse of our split. What ADRs do you have booked?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #3324
Liberator
Mouseketeer

When do the boats start going to the Contemporary in the morning?

We would like to have breakfast there around 07:30 AM

WDW visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 All Star Sports *** 2013 Split Stay Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century

Universal Orlando visits: 2008 Offsite *** 2009 Offsite *** 2013 Royal Pacific Resort
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #3325
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post

The Blue Flag boat to CR starts operating around 0645.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #3326
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! Congrats! I think it's going to be the perfect trip!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #3327
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post

Warning: we were there last week and never once saw a blue flag boat. If you're going during the off-season leave plenty of time to wait for a boat to arrive.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #3328
Figment104
Earning My Ears

Our trip is just under 2 weeks away, and I'm at the point where I'm obnoxiously excited (which I have a feeling many people hear can possibly relate to). We always book a courtyard view and request an inner courtyard, but I have to admit I think waiting to check in and see what room we're assigned to is probably the most stressful part of the trip for me, and I know it shouldn't be. We spend a decent amount of time in our room, and love to just hang out on the balcony and watch all the fun going on below. In all the times we've stayed we've only had one "bad" room assignment, and they were able to accommodate moving us to an amazing location. I guess no real purpose to my post, except I'm really excited and nervous at the same time, and no one around me would really understand lol.

Love this thread by the way!!!

Oct 2014 WL * May 2013 WL (CL) * Sept 2010 WL * May 2009 WL * Oct 2008 Poly * June 2007 WL - Disneymoon * July 2004 WL * Apr 2000 GF * 84-98 Offsiet
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #3329
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Good Morning!
I'm sure this is on this thread somewhere but my feeble search attempts are in vain.

We have an ADR for 8 am at Crystal Palace. What's the best mode of transportation? Early bus to MK, cab to CR, boat to CR. I want to leave WL around 7:20-7:30 am. MK opens at 9 am that day.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #3330
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Just a few quick questions for the WL addicts out there. We are planning to go to WDW in Feb for my bday and to run in some of the Princess events (I may do the half w my mom and maybe DH and I think we will do the family 5k). We are long time AKL addicts but I have always wanted to try WL. Just to confirm my suspicion, the deluxe rooms hold 6+ 1 under 3? I will pay for my parents to come with us, and I would like to do CL. I know at AKL I would need two rooms, not sure if a deluxe at WL would meet our needs as well.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: