Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #1141
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Claire looks beautiful! And you took those pictures yourself? They look better than the professional ones I had taken of Allison when she made her first communion 4 years ago.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #1142
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Wow - Claire looks absolutely lovely. A beautiful dress and how cool is that tiara. Your pictures are wonderful. i hope she has a wonderful day and a great party.

My nephew made his a month ago and it surprised me that the girls weren't all that dressed up like we used to be - maybe its a sign of the times here.

There were no veils like we had and some had running shoes on - I was quite taken aback. I remember feeling very special with the dress and veil etc.

Still I suppose as long as the meaning of the day is understood that's all that really matters in the end.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #1143
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Hi! I have been MIA for a while! I missed quite a bit! A lot has been going on here in Boston, both good and bad. Kinda hard to keep up right now! Had some serious family drama on Marathon monday, my relatives from out of state/country all thought I was running and panicked when I did not respond to texts right away since I was in a meeting. My parents got some frantic phone calls. Thankfully everyone I know is safe. Some of my teammates actually "finished" the marathon today. I really do run with a great group of inspiring people!

LOVE the pirate night outfits! Love the Geoff got into it even though he said there wasn't a chance! The parrot was a great touch! Looks like all the kids had fun with him!

Also Love Claire's first communion attire! Her vail and tiara are so pretty! I wish mine was that pretty back in 1989! I actually also made my 1st Communion on May 5th! Good luck with all the cleaning! Everyone is expecting me to host Thanksgiving this year so everyone can see my new house. I think they will be semi-dissapointed when they all find out all I can cook are hot dogs and beer......and I buy the beer lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #1144
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Claire looks so sweet! Love the pics.

Jill in CO
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
All the pictures of Claire are so cute! The first one is my favorite
Thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Those are beautiful 1st communion pictures! I don't post often, but I always love your pictures, it's great how much you document it all, especially for me who loves to see it all!

Hmmm... my nephew's first communion is today, but I highly doubt he'll let me take pictures like that!

Thanks. I need to get back to more editing of picutres, but I swear each day when I set aside time I have something get in the way.
And yes, we are cleaning for a party this week too. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Wow! You really put up a lot of updates! I was kinda happy you were gone on vacation, that way I could not fall too much behind. It's okay, I'm back up to date now. I read most of the updates last night before going to bed though, so I forgot most of the comments I wanted to make.

You all look great in your pirates costumes. It's fun that Geoff went above and beyond for his, especially after making you believe he wouldn't dress up at all.

Between your pictures/updates, and the news about all the refurbs on the Magic, I want to take a cruise more than ever. I doubt I'll be able to convince Ron though, especially since we are not going back to Disney any time soon.

Claire looks really pretty in those communion pictures.

I need to get moving as I have so many pictures and I am barely halfway through the report. But I understand. I do like it when some take vacations so I can catch up. Even then, I have a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Claire's dress is absolutely beautiful.

Corinna
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Beautiful pics of Claire in her Communion Dress! That tiara is really pretty. I love her dress, that lacy detail on the sleeves and waist is really pretty.
Thank you. We are happy with the choice of dress and veil.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #1145
ilovedevin
Mouseketeer

I have finally read all your trip reports. I love that you have a picture of both Paige and Claire trying to pull the sword from the stone too cute.

ilovedevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #1146
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedevin View Post
I have finally read all your trip reports. I love that you have a picture of both Paige and Claire trying to pull the sword from the stone too cute.
Wow!!! I could probably find some really old short ones too. LOL

Some of the things Claire doe really remind me of Paige when she was little. Now she is almost 21. Where did the time go?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #1147
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #1149
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Catching up again. You did a great job on Claire's communion pics!!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #1150
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Darn it. Once again we will just miss each other.
OF course…

You know I love the Communion pictures!! And I LOVE the Pirate pic's!! So cute!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #1151
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Claire looks beautiful! And you took those pictures yourself? They look better than the professional ones I had taken of Allison when she made her first communion 4 years ago.
I did take those. Thanks. I did some photoshopping to them and just kind of played around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Wow - Claire looks absolutely lovely. A beautiful dress and how cool is that tiara. Your pictures are wonderful. i hope she has a wonderful day and a great party.

My nephew made his a month ago and it surprised me that the girls weren't all that dressed up like we used to be - maybe its a sign of the times here.

There were no veils like we had and some had running shoes on - I was quite taken aback. I remember feeling very special with the dress and veil etc.

Still I suppose as long as the meaning of the day is understood that's all that really matters in the end.
Thanks!
I have noticed that talking to some internet friends who also have childrem making it soon that many other places no longer where a veil. One girl asked me why she had a veil. I really don't know, but I just know they always have. LOL
I can bet I'll see a boy or 2 with running shoes. LOL It always seems like there is at least one. But the girls in her class , well most, like to dress up, so most should have some cute shoes. Claire was all about getting new one. She had a shoe fettish though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Hi! I have been MIA for a while! I missed quite a bit! A lot has been going on here in Boston, both good and bad. Kinda hard to keep up right now! Had some serious family drama on Marathon monday, my relatives from out of state/country all thought I was running and panicked when I did not respond to texts right away since I was in a meeting. My parents got some frantic phone calls. Thankfully everyone I know is safe. Some of my teammates actually "finished" the marathon today. I really do run with a great group of inspiring people!

LOVE the pirate night outfits! Love the Geoff got into it even though he said there wasn't a chance! The parrot was a great touch! Looks like all the kids had fun with him!

Also Love Claire's first communion attire! Her vail and tiara are so pretty! I wish mine was that pretty back in 1989! I actually also made my 1st Communion on May 5th! Good luck with all the cleaning! Everyone is expecting me to host Thanksgiving this year so everyone can see my new house. I think they will be semi-dissapointed when they all find out all I can cook are hot dogs and beer......and I buy the beer lol.
I read about that on Lisa's report. What a scary day for you and your family!
Geoff really went all out and we were so excited about it.
I can't tell you the day I made mine, but the year was 1977 I beleive. Yeah, that was a LONG time ago! LOL
Well I am not so great a cook either, so that is why we are having most of the food ordered.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #1152
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Catching up again. You did a great job on Claire's communion pics!!
Glad to see you around again. We need to catch up one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
OF course…

You know I love the Communion pictures!! And I LOVE the Pirate pic's!! So cute!
Yes, that is how it always seems to go. Don't you have any pull with your school?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #1153
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Jen, Claire looks so pretty in the pictures! Of course, she and daddy want to have the party at your house. They ain't gotta do no cleaning or prepping.

On a total different subject, do you happen to have the link(s) to your tour of the tequila factory?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #1154
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love Claire's communion pics. She looks like a proper little princess. My dn is making his communion in May as well.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1155
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Look forward to hearing about the cruise.
I hate Photobucker. I sent them a nasty email and then canceled my account.
LOL. That is great he got dressed up and surprised everyone.
Looked like a fun night except for the tall guy. I would have said “move”. LOL
Thank you for saying what musk melons are. I had no clue.
Rude kids and even ruder parents for not saying anything.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: