Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Princess_taffy05
Mouseketeer

Saana, Boma or Jiko

Which one? I would like to try one for our next trip/honeymoon. We have never tried any of them before!
Recommendations?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Jiko is one of the Signature restaurants, I have never eaten there.

I have eaten at Boma, which is a buffet, which I really liked and it gives you an opportunity to try many different foods.

I have eaten at Sanaa, and for me is my favorite restaurant.

I would look at the menus and decide which sounds good, you will get alot of mixed reviews. If you like the menu at Jiko, since it's your honeymoon, try that. We are a family of 5 and Jiko is just too expensive for us. Also, the menu wouldn't work for my family.

All of us like Boma!
All of us love Sanaa!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We loved Sanaa but thought Boma was just ok so i would pick Sanaa over Boma.

We have never eaten at Jiko but it is on our list. Would probably be good for a honeymoon
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_taffy05 View Post
Which one? I would like to try one for our next trip/honeymoon. We have never tried any of them before!
Recommendations?
Being u ho etymon I would go to jiko. Perfect food and the wine list is awesome if u are into that. They treat u so well. The service is always great. Sanna is also really good. I love the diff breads they have. The food is really good there too just not as refined. Bona isn't bad either. It pretty much comes down to sign dining vs more family like dining vs buffet. U got it all in those choices. I never ever ever miss jiko on a trip! Never.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

I think if money is no issue, most people will tell you to go with Jiko. Don't think I've ever heard a bad review from there but personally, we've never eaten there because I can't see spending more money for similar food you can get at Sanaa which is AMAZING!! If you want to be a little more budget conscious but still get high quality food and service, go for Sanaa! I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. Also, I don't think I've ever heard a bad review from there, either. Btw, congratulations!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

xoktenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Jiko is an outstanding restaurant, and my favorite on property. It's quiet, romantic, and serves unique, well-executed cuisine. The service is stellar and the wine list extensive, including many African wines you won't find elsewhere in the US. It's a MUST for a honeymoon.

All that said, Sanaa is also a gem. It's another favorite, though I don't think it's quite as "special" in terms of ambiance or service.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
morgy827
DIS Veteran

Jiko is our number 1 pick for signature dining. Great food, service and atmosphere. We also love Sanaa and the prices are cheaper. Boma is good but I don't really get the hype about it, although I am not a huge fan of buffets so that may be why.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

My opinion: 1. Jiko, 2. Sanna, 3. Boma.. I really don't think you will be sorry for picking any of the 3, I personally don't like buffet's, thats why Boma is my last choice.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Congratualtions on your upcoming wedding!

For a honeymoon dinner - Jiko. Saana is also excellent. We really also love BOMA but it can get noisy in the restuarant. For a romatic dinner try Jiko.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswindsor View Post
My opinion: 1. Jiko, 2. Sanna, 3. Boma.. I really don't think you will be sorry for picking any of the 3, I personally don't like buffet's, thats why Boma is my last choice.
This is my vote, too!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
nickymaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! We would choose Boma, but being your honeymoon might affect your choices.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

"Sanaa" !!! Quickly became our fave TS restaurant last month !! Love it !!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

It looks like I'll be the first to post a negative review of Jiko here, but I think it's currently one of the most overrated restaurants on the DIS. We consider it the most overrated signature for sure. Maybe, we would have enjoyed the meal more, if we hadn't read what I consider over-inflated reviews here. The appetizers were very good. Our entrees & desserts were average. I've had both that were just as good or better at non-signature restaurants. From reviews here, we were expecting exotic (by WDW standards) food. That wasn't what we were served. The appetizers were the only thing that stood out as especially flavorful. The other dishes were mostly bland. If we ever return to Jiko (unlikely), we'll order appetizers & maybe a dessert. They do have a nice wine list going for them. We're not ones to skimp on food on vacation, but I can honestly say we felt this was the most wasted $250 we've ever spent on a meal.

It's been a long time since we ate at Boma. Things may have changed since then, so I won't offer an opinion.

We've never dined at Sanaa, but we plan to try it soon. Some of the people here who seem to have similar dining styles/tastes as us recommend it. I'm hoping we'll get lucky & be served more authentic dishes there.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_taffy05 View Post
Recommendations?
All three are VERY VERY good I really think

Boma is the best buffet on property really fun and exciting atmosphere with pretty good food and very good service

Sanaa has a relaxed atmosphere with really some of the coolest views anywhere in the entire world! I think the food is outstanding and service is pretty good

Jiko really is the best of the three it is the most expensive but it has a very refined and relaxed atmosphere the food is outstanding as well! The only downfall was service was just okay it was better than some restaurants but not as good as others

If I could only choose one I would choose Jiko but you cannot go wrong with any of them!!!
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

We've been to Boma many times & liked it, Jiko once and were very impressed. With respect to Boma, as good as the food is it's a big 'ol noisy
place. Jiko is much more low-key and more "adult" in nature. Haven't tried Sanaa but many Dis-ers rate it highly.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: